Your Maiden blasphemy

Reincarnation of BB is the most overrated Maiden song. It is good, but it does not deserve to be held up on a pedestal. Most of the other songs on AMOLAD I like better.

+ I like the Blaze albums more than the 90s stuff with Bruce, i even think Virtual XI is a solid album except for the shitty Angel and the Gambler.

+ AMOLAD and Book of Souls are the best post-reunion albums, not Brave New World

+ Also i like Quest for Fire

+ Judas Be My Guide sucks

+ Number of the Beast is one of my least favorite Maiden albums but mostly due to burnout on 2 songs and i never cared for Invaders (the silly chorus) and Gangland

Last edited:
3/5 aren't that blasphemous, at least on these boards. The first two 90s albums don't score well here, TXF on average will be rated better me thinks, a lot of people pick AMOLAD over anything else post-reunion and a lot of people don't consider TNOTB a classic timeless top 3 Maiden album, like much of the mainstream rock world does.

I've never been able to see why the Seventh Son album is so highly rated. I Find a lot of it quite dull :eek:

While Alexander the Great is musically awesome the lyrics just don't flow that well. It's like Bruce is reading straight out of a textbook

Empire of the Clouds is nowhere near one of the best from BoS, i feel like many people just think "Oh it's 18 minutes then it HAS to be a masterpiece right?"

If noting Alexander's weak points is blasphemy, quite a few of us around here are blasphemers.

Drifter > For The Greater Good of God (AND it is sincere ;) ).
For me, this is interesting. It kind of highlights the difficulty I sometimes have in ranking Maiden stuff. I find it hard to compare two tracks like this, same as I find it hard to compare early albums with more modern ones. There's a big difference in running time and musical scope and sometimes a longer album goes down a notch because of that, sometimes not. For example, DOD is substantially longer than Killers and I would rate Killers higher, yet, off the top of my head, DOD features two of my Top 10 and Killers has none. Well, maybe one. OK, I'm rambling, I'm in my cups, but here's my Blasphemy.....

Ranking is for dickheads :D

For example, DOD is substantially longer than Killers and I would rate Killers higher, yet, off the top of my head, DOD features two of my Top 10 and Killers has none.
I totally get you're saying. For example, individually, I rate The X Factor songs higher than The Number of the Beast ones, but as full albums, I think Number is a much better effort than TXF.

Back