Your First Maiden Gig ?

8.8.2010 Sonisphere Finland
someone almoust broke my ribs, got a stock of hair yanked out, drunken idiot wouldnt let go of my ass easily and my foot was busted after someone totally crushed it during hallowed be thy name... not to mention the scare of not having a show at all due to the bloody storm we were attacked by... but it was one of the greatest days of my life. :lol: :rocker: ...and it was quite insane to find Adrians pick from the ground when i was heading away from the front of the stage.

cant wait to see them again next summer :yey:

16/6/2000 - London Earls Court.

I was only 12 then. I swear I was the youngest person in that arena that day. Maiden have a lot more younger fans these days though.

July 17, 2010 in Detroit, Michigan. It was the best concert i've ever been to. I took a couple friends who at the time weren't real big fans but thats all changed.

The 28th July 2011 in Manchester will be my first time, shocking really as I've been a fan since 1989 but none of my friends or my wife like Maiden and I wasn't gonna go on my own. So hopefully this will be a good gig to break my Maiden cherry, and I'm making damn sure I stock up on merchandise from it, I'm more excited than my two boys are for Xmas! :rocker:

9 June 1988, Irvine Meadows in then Laguna Hills [now Irvine] California!!  Greatest night ever for me at the time.  The headbanging kid was lovin' life that day my friends!  Never forget it.  Infinite dreams!!  Moonchild!! The Prisoner!!  holy crap all my favorites.  Nothing quite like your first Maiden show!

5th July 2008 - Twickenham Stadium at the tender age of 12, my Dad took me. It was an outstanding show and what caused my Maiden addiction.

I'm one of the newbies, having first seen them with a few of my friends on August 10, 2012 when I was getting ready for college (though i've known about the band and their music for much longer than that) at Irvine Meadows/Verizon Wireless Amphitehater. My profile pic is from that show.

29th november 1986, Paris Bercy. I had turned 17 three days before, and it was my best birthday present ever. Fantastic gig and I even enjoyed the songs I used to dislike on record, like 2 Minutes, Flight of Icarus and Revelations. The setlist was rather long, and the solo by Davey and Adrian was fantastic.

was merging into 6th grade when Brave New World came out in 2000. I picked up my first Maiden CD in the late 90s as a gift from my uncle after listening to it in his car. Somewhere in Time was the album. He took me to see them in 2000 in August for that tour and I LOVED it.... I was pretty damn small compared to many others there.....

2005, Chorzów, Poland. Big show to almost 40,000 people gathered at Silesian Stadium. Great Memos, folks...:whogivesafuck:

In Minneapolis in March (I believe) on the X Factour. Large club, but still a club--certainly no arena. Met the band earlier that day at a signing at Sam Goody's at Mall of America, and then saw the show. Fear Factory opened, and then Maiden came on, and even though all they had was just their dressed-up amps and backdrop (no Eddie, not even the walk-on!), it was still a great show, and probably still the most memorable out of all the times I've seen them (I since saw them on the VXI tour, Ed Hunter, BNW, and AMOLD tour). It was still early in the tour, so Blaze's voice hadn't blown out yet, so he sounded great, and they all put on a hell of a show.

For me, it was at the Concord show June 20, 2010. Dream Theater opening for them, it was one hell of a show. Sounds kinda cheesey, but it was magical.:bigsmile:

Glasgow SECC 1993, think it was the May, not only my first Maiden gig but my first ever gig. I was 15, The Almighty supported and were also tremendous. There was a slight air of disappointment to the gig cos Bruce had already announced he was leaving at that point but was still a great show. I was ecstatic when Bruce and H returned in 99 and they've got better and better at every show and tour since, Final Frontier show was my favourite I've been to.

Hi guys,another newbie here :)

First gig in Paris on 9-9-99, missed the first song though and Megadeth as opening act :/
I was 19. The gig was great but we were VERY far from the stage.
We decided to pick up an hitchhiker who was living near where we were heading, and kept talking about how crappy the show was and how Blaze was way better than Bruce... Very bad idea we had, spoiling the aftershow
Then I saw them again in Paris in a tour during which they premiered wildest dreams, and then I saw them on Graspop during early days.
I have my ticket to see them in Arras this summer.

I have no favourite show and I always had a great time. Maiden being one of my favourite band, I'm a rather easy guy to please when it comes to gigs.

Back