Why not Paul Dianno instead of Blaze?

What I said, was that you need to accept that we don't think like you do. That's all. I never said you needed to think like us.

You're talking to and treating us like we were mental or something simply because we don't agree with you, and that's where you messed up. But somehow you don't manage to see that, which makes everything you say seem superfluous.

What I said, was that you need to accept that we don't think like you do. That's all. I never said you needed to think like us.
It is what is implied when you say "You're the one having a hard time accepting that literally everyone in this thread disagree with you".
In other words...everyone else thinks like this, therefore you must be wrong. You should think like us.

All I am saying is the Blaze era hurt record sales and concert attendance... therefore Maiden chose to do the right thing and bring back Bruce and DOG-GONE-IT it worked...more record sales and huge concerts again! It's ok to disagree with that I guess??? But that is where we are today. So don't agree with me and just argue with that (dare I say) 'fact' again.

I would argue that unless some majorly famous rock singer joined Maiden then Bruce leaving did a large amount of the damage irrespective of who replaced him. Sure, Blaze’s singing style and the new material didn’t help.

You're talking to and treating us like we were mental or something simply because we don't agree with you, and that's where you messed up. But somehow you don't manage to see that, which makes everything you say seem superfluous.
Right...you are right. I will think like you from now on and stop inserting my opinions.
I will reverse what I said "the Blaze era had huge record sales and great concert attendance... therefore Maiden chose to do the wrong thing and bring back Bruce and DOG-GONE-IT it didn't work...low record sales and small concerts again!

You're like trying to reason with a cat

I would argue that unless some majorly famous rock singer joined Maiden then Bruce leaving did a large amount of the damage irrespective of who replaced him. Sure, Blaze’s singing style and the new material didn’t help.
That's pretty much what I said a few pages back. But since I also said in the same post that I think The X Factor is a great album, @GhostSword must've thought it was outrageous.

That's pretty much what I said a few pages back. But since I also said in the same post that I think The X Factor is a great album, @GhostSword must've thought it was outrageous.
Right, I disagree... I actually think X-Factor kind of stinks, (there are a couple songs that are ok, and would be better with Bruce)....woops there I go, not thinking like you again. It's outrageous I know...

jZ8N3.gif

I wouldn't want to be a hipster and dismiss the popular vote altogether... but...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_concert_tours

Adjusted for inflation: #1 - U2, #3 - Coldplay, #9 - Madonna and #10 - Celine Dion (and I like U2)

'Nuff said.

EDIT: Oh, and #14 - Garth Brooks. Out of all the country folk there is... not Cash. Not Jennings. Not Nelson. Not even Strait. Not Tammy Wynette or any of the three Hank Williams'. Not even Gram Parsons. Garth-fucking-Brooks. Oh, dude, yeah, rope the wind. And then go piss up that rope.

Last edited:
Right, I disagree... I actually think X-Factor kind of stinks, (there are a couple songs that are ok, and would be better with Bruce)....woops there I go, not thinking like you again. It's outrageous I know...

jZ8N3.gif
For the last time, of course you're allowed to think like that. I think Killers stinks (by Maiden standards), for example, even though many seem to love it. But I'm not gonna go around saying that for a fact. Following your logic, I very well could, it peaked at No. 12 after all (lower than The X Factor, mind you). But I won't because that would be ridiculous. I, for one, have the ability to accept that people are allowed to have diverging opinions. An opinion is debatable, and that's what this forum is for, but you're trying to convice us that our opinion is wrong because it contradicts record sales and concert attendance. ... what? It's you personal taste which defines whether an album is good or bad, or, in this case, whether a new singer was a mistake or not. I think not, but you think it was, and that's fine. There's no fact here, neither one of us is right or wrong.

Dang... most of you are only a few years from when your voice cracked...lol
So you might have started listing to Maiden when Blaze was the frontman...I get it now, and see why your jockstraps are so tight concerning the Blaze topic. lol. :D Anyway, Maiden is BOSS! Up the Irons! ya earth dogs

I first saw Maiden in 1984, then twice in 1986 (met Steve and Adrian etc) and so on .....

Fact: Maiden were less commercially successful with Blaze (album sales and tickets)

Opinion: I really like the Blaze era and I am glad it happened

Btw, I saw a Blaze interview on youtube last year (may have been on "The Metal Voice" channel, but not sure). He said he was fired because "he wasn't good enough". The first time I ever heard anyone in the know come out with a reason.

Last edited:
I'd think the biggest fans are the ones who love everything.

Or at least the ones that appreciate the attitude and dedication Blaze had. He didn't do that well in some shows, yes, and naturally he struggled with older songs (which he does much better now when tuned down) but I really like most of the songs he wrote and The X-Factor in general is a very strong album.

I completely understand if one does not like those two albums, Blaze's voice and that era in general - there are lots of understandable reasons not to like those. That's ok. Maiden had a reason to part ways with him, but they also had reasons to choose him in the first place; he really kicked some creative energy to the band and especially The X-Factor period is full of clever songwriting and good vibes, even though it's - again - obvious that it doesn't appeal to everyone.

There were problems, but lots of good as well. Problems were pretty prominent towards the end of that era, but especially in the beginning they were in good spirits everyone in the band had great time. That makes the decision not to tune down anything even stranger. That period of time wasn't terribly succesful, commercially speaking, but in the end, everything had a purpose... :)

It's ok not to like Blaze, but he gave his EVERYTHING to Maiden; that's quite a lot more than Bruce did in his "final" year. That's highly respectable. :) And he's still a great guy who gives his everything to the music he loves - and to his fans too. Whether some fans like his voice or his songs is, in my opinion, irrelevant. He should be respected for his dedication to Maiden and as stated earlier, it's easy to understand why he was chosen for the job.

I was born in '99, but grew up with '80s Maiden because of my dad. I didn't like the Blaze era. I literally started to get into it about 2 years ago, maybe less.

Or at least the ones that appreciate the attitude and dedication Blaze had. He didn't do that well in some shows, yes, and naturally he struggled with older songs (which he does much better now when tuned down) but I really like most of the songs he wrote and The X-Factor in general is a very strong album.

I completely understand if one does not like those two albums, Blaze's voice and that era in general - there are lots of understandable reasons not to like those. That's ok. Maiden had a reason to part ways with him, but they also had reasons to choose him in the first place; he really kicked some creative energy to the band and especially The X-Factor period is full of clever songwriting and good vibes, even though it's - again - obvious that it doesn't appeal to everyone.

There were problems, but lots of good as well. Problems were pretty prominent towards the end of that era, but especially in the beginning they were in good spirits everyone in the band had great time. That makes the decision not to tune down anything even stranger. That period of time wasn't terribly succesful, commercially speaking, but in the end, everything had a purpose... :)

It's ok not to like Blaze, but he gave his EVERYTHING to Maiden; that's quite a lot more than Bruce did in his "final" year. That's highly respectable. :) And he's still a great guy who gives his everything to the music he loves - and to his fans too. Whether some fans like his voice or his songs is, in my opinion, irrelevant. He should be respected for his dedication to Maiden and as stated earlier, it's easy to understand why he was chosen for the job.

If Bruce's solo gigs were attended by fans in the same numbers Blaze's gigs attract, Bruce would knock it all on the head.

Respect to Blaze for his passion and belief in his music. Not just ticket / album sales.

EDIT: His Infinite Entanglement trilogy is epic, if not a particularly amazing production (sonically) - the whole cd packages are top quality.

Back