which one song would you definitely like to have back in the next setlist?

TBH? None really. There was such a clamor for years for ATG. I can't think of any other song that they haven't played to match that yet. If anything it's more likely we would hear Infinite Dreams again before a never-played song, IMHO. Personally I wouldn't mind hearing Judas.
Not that I disagree, but Steve's comments about OTGDY could be a positive change. Not sure about Infinite Dreams, but it's possible - Nicko even plays it with his solo band. JBMG was a must in 1992!
To Tame a Land would be nice hearing live
Agreed. But apparently Bruce is not a fan of the lyrics.
I'd really love to hear

Be Quick or Be Dead
Futureal
Me too. Since they played CSIT again, I have some faith for BQOBD - one of the most popular songs from the album, if I'm not mistaken. Great opener! Futureal would have been perfect for the current tour, and it's a song under 3 minutes.

Not that I disagree, but Steve's comments about OTGDY could be a positive change. Not sure about Infinite Dreams, but it's possible - Nicko even plays it with his solo band. JBMG was a must in 1992!

Agreed. But apparently Bruce is not a fan of the lyrics.

Me too. Since they played CSIT again, I have some faith for BQOBD - one of the most popular songs from the album, if I'm not mistaken. Great opener! Futureal would have been perfect for the current tour, and it's a song under 3 minutes.
Neither am I, haha.

Flash of the Blade

According to setlist.fm this has never been played live. But there's always a first time --> Alexander the Great
Heard it for the first time in Dario Argento's Phenomena - one of my favorite movies of all time - and loved it!

Out of the songs that I have seen live and were only played on the album tour (plus some other dates were it had not been that well rehearsed), it would be Paschendale.

Out of the regular classics that were missed this year, I would say 2 Minutes to Midnight.

Out of the songs that I have not seen live, my choice would be Infinite Dreams.

Last edited:
Infinite Dreams, Paschendale and No Prayer For The Dying.

From the non-played section: Only The Good Die Young.

Would like to see Ghost Of The Navigator again too, but that bridge would be too much for Nicko's right foot.

When the Wild Wind Blows.

The song that got me into Iron Maiden and metal in general, so it's a track that I hold in my heart dearly. I was 12 when The Final Frontier tour came around, and I was deemed a bit too young to go. I really think it deserved one of more go around, I doubt it though.

From the non-played section: Only The Good Die Young.
There are very few unplayed songs I think should have been played. Maiden's choices have mostly been very good IMO. Only the Good Die Young is one I would like to hear live. Also Sun and Steel, but I don't feel like it's a big miss not having played that one.

Empire of the Clouds would be cool, but that won't happen with Maiden. Could see Bruce performing it one day though.

I forgot about that one. Yes, I wouldn't that or The Prophecy making the finally played list

There are very few unplayed songs I think should have been played. Maiden's choices have mostly been very good IMO. Only the Good Die Young is one I would like to hear live. Also Sun and Steel, but I don't feel like it's a big miss not having played that one.

Empire of the Clouds would be cool, but that won't happen with Maiden. Could see Bruce performing it one day though.
Agree. Maybe Back In The Village would be cool along with those two.

However, it's still unclear if that one is unplayed or played once before. Would rather not go into that debate, as there is a war at IMFC about this matter...

Oh, I forgot... I would love to see Brighter Than A Thousand Suns again. Love that track.

And yeah, thinking about it, with Future Past tour happening, there are only 2 more things Maiden can pull off that would get me more excited:

- Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son in full live (not gonna happen, but one can dream)
- Epics tour with a massive fuck off stadium production. 12 song set going backward in time from Hell On Earth to Phantom Of The Opera with Rime as the main set closer (again, not gonna happen, but one can dream)

Last edited:
- Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son in full live (not gonna happen, but one can dream)
- Epics tour with a massive fuck off stadium production. 12 song set going backward in time from Hell On Earth to Phantom Of The Opera with Rime as the main set closer (again, not gonna happen, but one can dream)
Either one of these would be awesome. Seventh Son is still their Masterpiece IMHO, would love to hear it in it's entirety.

An epics tour would rule (Bruce said something to Steve about that before if I recall) but it would have to be a smaller, scaled down approach sold to the diehards to work best I think.

Having only seen them on LOTB 2019, and assuming no changes for TFP NA dates. I'd like to see the following;

Phantom, Paschendale, Dance Of Death, The Book Of Souls, Rime, The Talisman.

Those would be my top 6 wants.

No Prayer For The Dying.
The gem of its album. One of Maiden's best 90's songs. They should bring it back. Bruce likes it.
Would like to see Ghost Of The Navigator again too, but that bridge would be too much for Nicko's right foot.
Never say never... because we could be ''caught somewhere in time''. ;) Btw, I understand what you mean.
There are very few unplayed songs I think should have been played. Maiden's choices have mostly been very good IMO.
With only 1 tour dedicated to rarely/never played live songs (with a few changes for the 2nd leg, ofc), they can tick off almost all (popular) deep cuts. IMO this is the next upgrade to the current tour.
An epics tour would rule (Bruce said something to Steve about that before if I recall) but it would have to be a smaller, scaled down approach sold to the diehards to work best I think.
It would be quite the tour, but the set will be shorter and I think a live show should have a balance between long and short songs, like an album.

Back