What is your least favorite Maiden song?

Haha yeah. Just goes to show, checking your spelling can come a long way  ;) Funny how we are going on about something not relevant to the topic.

In hindsight, I should have put Coming Home in here rather than the 'worst song' thread :S

Something off the reunion albums, probably Different World or El Dorado. Never could stand Man On The Edge with its recycled TETMD intro. Clansman nicks the intro to Infinite Dreams, also which bothered me.

With Dianno - Women in Uniform or Drifter
With Dickinson - When the Wild Wind Blows or For the Greater Good.. or Communication Breakdown
With Bayley - Angel and the Gambler or My Generation

With Dianno - Women in Uniform

With Dickinson - The Assassin - I just don't like the " Better watch out ! cus i'm the assasiiiiiiiiiin!!! " , But in fairness i don't hate this song but you never catch me listening to it lol

With Bayley - Angel & The Gambler - I Actually liked Blaze's albums with Maiden , And if you go and listen to Blaze's voice now it is bloody fantastic , Going to see him live in March 7th at The Underworld in Camden:clap:

Last edited:
Overall, that would be TNOTB (here come the pitchforks :D ). The beginning is cool, but the rest has next to no melody and the fact it's overplayed this much just made me like it less and less. Pretty much the same could be said about Iron Maiden (the track).

But as many posters have divided the song between the eras:
Paul: I would probably say Women in Uniform, but that's not even an album track, so I don't listen to it often enough to really dislike it. So I think I'll go with Charlotte.
Bruce: Number
Blaze: ...yeah, The Angel. Don't Look is close though...

Quest for Fire is a smear on an otherwise faultless album, but, just for the bridge/solo and verse riff it would walk into any '90s Maiden album. For me:
Paul: Love them all, but Charlotte's lyrics are in poor taste for this middle-aged man. The music's great though, and the lyrics were fine when I was a teenager, so I don't want to condemn the song.
Bruce: Take yer pick from the NPftD or FotD albums. Not up to standard.
Blaze: Don't Look. I have the sneakingest smidgeon of affection for The Angel and the Gambler. Maybe it's the way the repetition has drilled a hole in my brain, maybe it's the way the repetition has drilled a hole in my brain, maybe it's the way.

Paul: The Ides Of March. Yes, he doesn't sing in it, but it has absolutely no reason to exist whatsoever. It really doesn't set up the mood for the next song either, and Wrathchild would have been fine to open the album.

Bruce: Weekend Warrior. The Apparition is of a poorer quality, but Weekend Warrior is almost unbearable at times and a fair bit longer than Apparition too.

Blaze: Don't Look. The Angel And The Gambler actually has a fair amount of redeeming qualities, but this song has none whatsoever, and never once even attempts to be good.

Back