What is your least favorite Maiden song?

If "More Tea Vicar" doesn't count, I would say "Age of Innocence" - with unacceptable lyrics and a poor chorus.

Yeah "More Tea Vicar" and "Pass the Jam" were just the guys messing around....
There are some poor B-sides covers which Maiden have done;
I was never a fan of Maiden covering other bands material...

Remember tomorrow. Ugh I can't stand Paul's vocals, only time he was tolerable was purgatory, prowler, and phantom of the opera.

Just giving a relisten and I must say that The Apparition and Weekend Warrior are candidates for Worst Maiden Song Of All Time.

Fortunes of war.

I still maintain that if this song had better production and an octave jump, Bruce-style vocal in the second half it would be rather awesome.

The angel and the gambler or Fortunes of war.

There are good things about Fortunes of War. What I don't like about it is the one time where the chorus is sung at double speed (it feels very much out of place) and that the first part sound dragget out a bit too much. Also, the singing is not Blaze's best performance on TXF. I like the guitar melodies and the solo, and the topic of the lyrics (it seems like a lyrical follow-up to Afraid To Shoot Strangers). All in all, I think it is a good song, but not a candidate for the "great" category.

I like Fortunes of War, but Blaze's vocals and the boring chorus are what really hurt it. The instrumental parts are excellent.

The only Blaze songs I have heard in full aside from the one Bruce redid are Angel and the Gambler and that one is pretty cool. So I'm not really qualified to say but over half of FOTD has no business in the catalog.

The only Blaze songs I have heard in full aside from the one Bruce redid are Angel and the Gambler and that one is pretty cool. So I'm not really qualified to say but over half of FOTD has no business in the catalog.

If you've heard Angel and the Gambler and thought it was "pretty cool", then you'll definitely be pleasantly surprised by the rest of Maiden's material with Blaze.

I don't entirely disagree, but I'm just saying: The Angel and The Gambler is the single worst thing Maiden has ever released. So, if you thought that was alright, it's worth listening to X Factor and Virtual XI.

The bottom ten of Iron Maiden studio album tracks includes:
Hooks in You, Weekend Warrior, and The Apparition
likely the bottom three.
My initial reaction upon hearing The Angel and the Gambler was that it was the worst, but after enough listens, it has improved in my mind,
thought it still is likely in the bottom ten.
Nonetheless, I'm astonished at some of the other tracks people are throwing out here as worst. Nothing from AMOLAD should exist in this thread.

Back