What is your least favorite Maiden song?

I prefer his versions of SotC, LotF and The Clansman, but even those can't really save the albums from the wrath of AMOLAD. It's about song structure, and yes AMOLAD has the repetitive quality, but they have more redeeming qualities (I still find TLD just fierce). And a point against VXI for having TAATG as even Bruce can't save that trainwreck.

Bruce singing of course improve any of the Blaze songs and one song can save an album with lots of trainwrecks, but one song can't ruin an album with eight great songs. TLD is fierce? Well, I'll take it that as purely subjective, but as you mentioned song structure, there's barely interesting things on AMOLAD about it, but of course there some songs like BTATS, TROBB, DW and OOTS, The Pilgrim which are pure brilliance, and on other songs some parts that are really breathtaking. I'm feeling since day one that AMOLAD will make much more sense as paving the way for what I feel it will be the fantastic journey we're about to embark on The Final Frontier.

It was only one point against VXI. I just said that to reinforce the name of this thread. XD

Also, by song structure (yes I used the wrong term) I meant the song as a whole. As in I like  different things about different songs, and vocals aren't the highlight of the record. In Lord of Light, for instance, the vocals are stunning but it's the solos that pull me toward the song. I like the bass line in FTGGOG by far more than anything else. The guitarline in TCDR is the highlight for me. As for The Legacy. . . I don't see why that's not on your list of songs, so I'll just assume you forgot it. ;) Fierceness is subjective unfortunately, so I can't prove it. :/ Oh well.

The Legacy instrumental section is classic Maiden. I love all about that!!! But some doubled vocals and the chorus could've been much better and although it doesn't kills the song, it wouldn't be missed.

Donner said:
4.  Dream of Mirrors- this song is almost as repetitive as Angel is.  The worst of the reunion era by FAR

:blink: This is probably my favourite song on the whole BNW album! How can you dislike it?!?

UpTheIrons said:
:blink: This is probably my favourite song on the whole BNW album! How can you dislike it?!?

I only dream in black and white, I only dream 'cause I'm alive x endless repetition.

I HATE this song.  When I saw it in 2000 I used it for a bathroom run. 

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I'm surprised no one has said The Angel And The Gambler. :puke: :turd:

Thank you I was thinking the exact same thing. Not only is it the worst Maiden song ever but quite possibly the worst song of all time!

Yamasidious said:
Thank you I was thinking the exact same thing. Not only is it the worst Maiden song ever but quite possibly the worst song of all time!

Before you leave that as your answer, I have three questions to ask you:

1) Don't you think I'm a savior?

2) Don't you think I can save you?

3) Don't you think I can save your life?

What's that? You didn't follow? Well, allow me to repeat them a few more times for you.

In all seriousness, The Angel and the Gambler is too goofy to be my least favorite, I've had far too much fun annoying my roomies and whatnot with this song to make it my least favorite. Is it their worst? Maybe? I don't know, I don't really have an opinion other than it's a very long very goofy song.  I'd probably have to go with something ultimately more forgettable for me, and potentially heresy, but I have serious trouble trying to listen to Gangland for more than a minute, unless I was listening to all of NotB.

Yamasidious said:

What about Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga ?

He has a point  :lol: Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber songs are more deserving of the title "worst song of all time", more so than any Iron Maiden song!

Back