What is your least favorite Maiden song?

When the Wild Wind Blows..  I've heard thirty seconds of it, I've memorized how those thirty seconds go and I've heard many sources say this song will push the word "epic" to new limits.

The stress, anxiety and sleeplessness I have endured due to not being able to hear the song in it's entirety have done irreversable damage to both my physical and mental, not to mention spiritual health.  This damage will be remembered every time I listen to the song.  It'll be as if I got raped when I was a youth, while "Who Let the Dogs Out" was playing in the background.  Listening to that would-be classic would instead cause flashbacks of rape!

judas_rising said:
When the Wild Wind Blows..  I've heard thirty seconds of it, I've memorized how those thirty seconds go and I've heard many sources say this song will push the word "epic" to new limits.

The stress, anxiety and sleeplessness I have endured due to not being able to hear the song in it's entirety have done irreversable damage to both my physical and mental, not to mention spiritual health.  This damage will be remembered every time I listen to the song.  It'll be as if I got raped when I was a youth, while "Who Let the Dogs Out" was playing in the background.  Listening to that would-be classic would instead cause flashbacks of rape!

LOL!!!  :lol:

Sanctuary or Run to the Hills, neither songs have ANYTHING redeeming about them at all and unfortunately still played live  :(

One of my least favorite is Edge of Darkness. A lot of people like this, but I don't see anything particularly great about it. Any of you notice how funny Blaze sings the word "prejudice" during the line "your mission is to terminate with extreme preju00000se'',  :lol:

I don't mind Run to the Hills too much.. aside from When the Wild Wind Blows, I also dislike Quest for Fire, and a scattered few on Somewhere in Time and No Prayer.

Stan said:
One of my least favorite is Edge of Darkness. A lot of people like this, but I don't see anything particularly great about it. Any of you notice how funny Blaze sings the word "prejudice" during the line "your mission is to terminate with extreme preju00000se'',  :lol:
Edge is my favorite Blaze song  :eek:

If we're talking about  "Iron Maiden", the  band that does not include one "Blaze Bailey" then it would be Bring your daughter to the Slaughter. I don't like it..  But many 'Blaze sung' songs are worse. Much worse. I'd rather listen to Bruce suffering through a painful piss than hear Blob Bailey sing.

Stan said:
Maybe if Bruce sang it, I would enjoy it,  :)
Blaze's voice lacks any substance, lol.
It would be better with Bruce, but it's still a great song.  Could have been trimmed a couple minutes though.

My least fave are For The Greater Good Of God and Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter.

Not liking Blaze songs because only of Blaze's voice is pure ignorance. Most of his material is fantastic and as strong as any other Maiden material. He does a good job on more than 70% of his songs.

Too repetitve, a rehash of Judgement Of Heaven, every time the song climaxes on the 'please, tell me now what life is...etc', it goes back to the verse and it utterly kills all the build up. This same thing happens on The Longest Day and these are some of the least inspired songs Maiden ever did, neither Bruce's and Nicko's amazing performances could save these songs with great sections, but badly arranged.

One of the greatest song ever? Almost every Blaze songs destroys most of AMOLAD.

Alright, wait here Jeff. ' Pure ignorance'?  Come on man.  That is my opinion...Blaze sucks.  Yes when Bruce has RESURRECTED some of those songs, they are great.  But off the album, those songs come flawed with that baritone butchering them.  Again my opinion, so watch the 'ignorance' stuff.  In my opinion, you saying those songs from the 'dark era' of Blaze are better than those from AMOLAD is ignorant.  But I know you also get an opinion, [sarcasm] and I respect it.  Judgment of Heaven can't be compared with The Greater Good bro...come on now!!

Just because Bruce sang on FTGGOG it's automatically great? I can only laugh. Also, The X Factor and Virtual XI is not only with the voice recorded in it; it has bass, guitars, drums and amazing melodies and harmonies.

Obviously, this has all been rehashed.  When picking up vX11 and... that other one...and listening, they are inferior to Maiden albums with Bruce.  Yes the "voice" means a hell of a lot.  The songs are great, tremendous really, some of them.  And re-dos featuring Bruce are some awesome stuff.  Man on the edge with Bruce is great, futureal etc. etc.  Opinion man..opinion.

So you just confirmed what I said by saying the songs are great, but with Bruce is better. But isn't it obvious? C'mon... ::)

Just listened to FTGGOG - one of Maiden's most ominous, dark and mind blowing intro's, with another great instrumentation on the middle section, but as a whole, the song is dragging, just as The Longest Day...

I guess if the question was more like "What Maiden songs do you least enjoy listening to" [splitting hairs] I would say "Anything with Blaze"  I'm listening to Judgment' right now.  Good song.  Bad voice. That's all I'm saying.  And it isn't a Bruce infatuation here.  I like Wrathchild better with Paul.  Killers with Paul.  Can I not hate Blaze and love Maiden?  I can. I always have.  Hey, we agree on that pile Bring your Daughter though, eh?

Yeah. BYDTTS is the kind of song I listen to like once in a year; among the less played as are TLD and FTGGOG.

judas_rising said:

You had me going for a second there... lol! Well played
joker-clap.gif

Hopefully this isn't a bannable offense, but I skip Number of the Beast all the time, as well as Gangland.  Lyrics / music on both never did it for me, though I have to say NOTB almost won me over live this year.

Back