What guitar do you play?

Dropping it from the stand. As simple as that. It's incredible how Gibson is sticking with that stupid headstock angle.

I've been keeping my guitar stand next to my bed for years and recently I've knocked my guitar over twice by pushing it with my foot in my sleep. No visible damage but my heart skips a beat when I realise my guitar has succumbed to the forces of gravity.

Actually, I wanted to ask about tube combo amps. I'm sick and tired of the artificial solid state sound of my amp and want to get something better in its stead. Probably a combo amp because of budget constraints and the size of my apartment, but one that could be used for gigging as well. I don't want to set a price limit but I'm open for suggestions. Which manufacturers should I be looking at?

I don't know about combos because they're expensive enough for me to disregard them (not giving 500e for a combo with decent power output), but this makes my solid state amp scream
gsszhf2w6vchjwvng87f.jpg

It's a class A/B preamp so it can be used it all sorts of scenarios, drive clean channel of solid state (my primary usage), insert in loop, directly to DI...From my casual perspective I'd say getting an used tube drive akin to this one, and getting an used transistor combo amp such as
Cube 60, and then replacing the driver to something better in it, should be firmly cheaper, more flexible and sound better (at least for metal) than some Fender or otherwise combo solutions.

I've been keeping my guitar stand next to my bed for years and recently I've knocked my guitar over twice by pushing it with my foot in my sleep. No visible damage but my heart skips a beat when I realise my guitar has succumbed to the forces of gravity.

Actually, I wanted to ask about tube combo amps. I'm sick and tired of the artificial solid state sound of my amp and want to get something better in its stead. Probably a combo amp because of budget constraints and the size of my apartment, but one that could be used for gigging as well. I don't want to set a price limit but I'm open for suggestions. Which manufacturers should I be looking at?
Fender Bassbreaker 15. Good for gigs and home imo. Great distortion, three channels (not foot-switchable).

$650 for a 15W combo amp is too much.
The pedal I have cost 300 euro, and the signal output is in the range of $1500 Mesa tube head.

I’m no real expert, but the classics I’d be interested in would be Marshall Bluesbreaker, Fender Blues Junior and Vox AC 15 ... all more expensive. Bassbreaker has got it all... There’s one from Orange that’s good but I don’t know its name right now. Also more expensive tho.

I play an ESP LTD VIPER-10 KIT BLK for almost a year now, and i think it's really cool for the start :) Also I'm using the Orange Crush 12 amp and it sounds really good

I finally made changes to my Squier CV50 - i put hot rails in bridge and sanded neck to make finish more comfortable. Now it plays like different instrument.

CV50 have high-gloss finish on the neck, it can be very sticky when you play & your hand is sweating.

I read some tips like 'use 0000 steel wool" or sand paper from grade 400 to 1500 but they are good if you want to remove finish and I wanted to mate it a little bit but keep look.

So i bought 1200 grade sand paper and used it on the back of the neck for about 20sec on each spot. Very important is to not press paper against the neck but gently rub it for 10 sec, clean the spot to check if you like it and if not - do it again. It's better to do it slowly. Also - i didnt removed the finish at all but removed the gloss effect. Neck still look great but has totally different feeling and it does not stick to my hand.

Fender is my 1st choice, but...

I'm currently ampless. I've been browsing Ebay. I haven't played through most of any of the new amps so I don't know what a good many of them sound like or if they'd be for me.

If you were going to spend up to say $600-800 an amp for just pure clean Fender tone what would you be looking for? New/used/Fender/others...

Strat or Tele? I’ve got the blonde CV Tele, cool guitar imo, had to replace input jack + tuners.
Btw did you decide on a tube amp @Saapanael ?
Strat.

I also changed amp. At first, I bought Fender Mustang LT25 but I could not get the sound that I wanted. So I went and bought Behringer UMC22 audio interface and installed free Amplitube 4 with two paid plugins - tube screamer and ds-1 distortion. The difference is amazing - guitar really sing and sound just as I wanted it to sound, today I managed to reproduce wasted years and Wrathchild tone so I'm more than happy :) Now I will change electrics (500k pots) and put hot rails in neck position and that will be end of mods probably,

Strat or Tele? I’ve got the blonde CV Tele, cool guitar imo, had to replace input jack + tuners.
Btw did you decide on a tube amp @Saapanael ?

Nope, my top priority is getting an acoustic guitar now. There’s so many around that it’s hard to choose one. Guy at the guitar store recommended me a Yamaha for about 450 euros because it’s made fully out of wood and is supposedly better than anything in that price range. Doesn’t have electronics though. The cheapest normal-sized Martins and Taylors start at 599 euros which is a bit much for me but I would consider buying a Taylor Academy 12 for that price. It’s also without electronics.

Can anyone offer useful advice regarding acoustic guitars? With all the different brands to choose from, I’m lost.

I tried some more acoustic guitars today. Positive impressions from a 699€ Martin and a 775€ Furch. The Martin has built-in electronics and a non-Dreadnought body, which I like. The Furch is a non-electronic Dreadnought, not my body type of choice, but it sounds really good. I tried a 2000€ Furch for the fun of it and it played like butter. Best acoustic I’ve ever tried, but way out of my budget, of course. This store unfortunately did not have Taylor models but at this point I might just be obsessed with the brand name Taylor. The guy at the store said they could deliver models upon request but I wouldn’t know what to request. So my top choices right now are the aforementioned Martin and Furch models. Still expensive for me but doable if I really want to.

I'll be investing into another Les Paul in the next year or so. Got the gig in a tribute band and I need a reliable LP, since 75% of the gig is played on it.

Back