What guitar do you play?

I think you should think of these as two separate instruments and pursue them that way. One of the things that sets instruments apart is their timbre, or sonic characteristic - these two types of guitar indeed sound quite a bit different. Since the production of good tone is one of the most important aspects of playing any instrument, you have to keep in mind that producing great tone on an acoustic guitar is fundamentally different than producing tone on an electric guitar.

Meliegree

After reconsideration - I actually care
Yesterday I've installed Hot rails in neck position. I'm also using 250k pots - i will check the tone for two months because for now I like this warn, little dark tone which is almost les paul-ish. In January I will put JB. Jr in the middle.

I wanted a guitar which is a cross between Dave tone and Janick beat-up strat and I think that I achieved that.

20201016_073342.jpg

Saapanael

Ancient Mariner
I think you should think of these as two separate instruments and pursue them that way. One of the things that sets instruments apart is their timbre, or sonic characteristic - these two types of guitar indeed sound quite a bit different. Since the production of good tone is one of the most important aspects of playing any instrument, you have to keep in mind that producing great tone on an acoustic guitar is fundamentally different than producing tone on an electric guitar.

This is probably a reply to my post about the Martin and Furch guitars. I did some extra reading on the web and found that this specific Martin model often needs repair after some time because of issues related to its build. I then dug into Taylor models and realised that the praised Taylor 114e is on a discount in one store and goes for 799€, just 24 euros more than the Furch. They don’t have it in stock right now, but as soon as it arrives, I will go try it and then make my final decision between the 114e and the Furch.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
This is probably a reply to my post about the Martin and Furch guitars. I did some extra reading on the web and found that this specific Martin model often needs repair after some time because of issues related to its build. I then dug into Taylor models and realised that the praised Taylor 114e is on a discount in one store and goes for 799€, just 24 euros more than the Furch. They don’t have it in stock right now, but as soon as it arrives, I will go try it and then make my final decision between the 114e and the Furch.
I have a 114ce. Great great guitar.

jazz from hell

Ancient Mariner
I can recommend one of these vintage yamaki made washburn d-60sw, if you can find one.
The ones from the mid 70s until 1984 or so are said to compare favorably to martins in sound and quality, they were made in japan by yamaki at that time, they’re vintage by now and they shouldn‘t be too expensive. I‘ve got a d-62sw from 1978, with a smaller body („auditorium“), which is good, but I remember a 60sw, which was the best dreadnought ever imo.