What guitar do you play?

You've already made the decision, but it's clearly White for me as well. It was actually in my shortlist for guitars to get a while back (Insanely expensive here now, though).

You've already made the decision, but it's clearly White for me as well. It was actually in my shortlist for guitars to get a while back (Insanely expensive here now, though).

I'm gonna ger the SDX, not the USA and put good pickups in. That with a decent setup should do the job. It's like 500€ in Europe.

Right. Turkish economy is in crisis right now, so our money is very devalued. Minimum wage is equivalent to 250€ right now.

If I had $2000 to spend on a guitar, the Adrian USA would be far from my first choice. But I would be interested in the SDX if it can be set up to be a high quality guitar.

If I had $2000 to spend on a guitar, the Adrian USA would be far from my first choice. But I would be interested in the SDX if it can be set up to be a high quality guitar.
I will be able to tell that in a month or so.

The thing is that all guitars can feel like shit. Me and my fellow guitar playing friend once went into a music shop. I was at the counter buying strings and he went to try some guitars off the wall. After I bought the things I needed, I went to him to check what he was trying. He said try this and handed me a 1200€ G&L. Utter trash. He said something along the lines: how is this piece of shit so expensive? Can't they even try to set up half decently? Next to it was a Yamaha Revstar (the cheapsest one in TV yellow) that played like a million bucks. The price... 350€.

Most I've spent was £1000 on my SG. Wasn't worth the price, took a bit of work to get me to love it.

Details?
Bought a Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty in the arctic dream color for $2900. I like it, it’s really lightweight, and it feels nice to play. I don’t ever use it though, it’s pain in the ass because there’s no string locks and it goes out of tune every 5 minutes.

Took it back to guitar center and they gave me an insulting offer. I have it on eBay currently for $2400.

Bought a Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty in the arctic dream color for $2900. I like it, it’s really lightweight, and it feels nice to play. I don’t ever use it though, it’s pain in the ass because there’s no string locks and it goes out of tune every 5 minutes.

Took it back to guitar center and they gave me an insulting offer. I have it on eBay currently for $2400.

Well, I think your setup was wrong. Did you set it up yourself or was it set up by the store? But if you had it with that thing, you had it. Good luck with the sale.

Well, I think your setup was wrong. Did you set it up yourself or was it set up by the store? But if you had it with that thing, you had it. Good luck with the sale.
I got it at Guitar Center. I have other purchases I need to make, it was more of an impulse purchase I didn’t think all of the way through.

I got it at Guitar Center. I have other purchases I need to make, it was more of an impulse purchase I didn’t think all of the way through.

Well, the most important thing as a guitarist, I thnk is how to set up a guitar IMO. I never trusted shops, especially those in Slovenia. So, I learnt how to do them. That's also the reason why I mainly buy mid priced guitars. I like to change things and suit them to my needs. I'm also quite an agressive guitar player (ala Nuno, Gary Moore), so a lot of things go south, like breaking tremolo bars and so on and I just can't be arsed to take my guitar to a shop for repairs. They are tools.

I agree with that. A lot of the guitars at guitar center don’t play well out of the box. Every time I buy a guitar, no matter where it came from, I do a set up on it. I learned this back when I wanted to get rid of my Ibanez S series. Turned out there was nothing wrong with the guitar, it just wasn’t set up properly. After setting it up it felt like a brand new guitar.

If I was going to buy a guitar in the higher price range, I would stay away from some of the bigger brand names/signature model and opt for something boutique and custom made.

You made the right choice, you won’t regret it.

I have the white SDX with maple fret. I had the bridge pickup replaced with a Super Distorsion and it’s great. I am planning to replace the Floyd in the future, but the stock one is quite decent for a guitar that costs 500$.

I don’t see any reasons why someone would go for the USA version, since the SDX with an upgrade on the pickups and the floyd will do pretty much the same job.

One thing that annoys me at the SDX is that you can’t adjust the truss rod without removing the neck. They just “painted” a truss rod pocket on the headstock which is pretty stupid...

Last edited:
Figured I should probably get around to exhibiting my instruments

DSC_0401.JPG

2013 Epiphone Les Paul Std Pro, completely unmodified. Not much else to say, other than the stock tones are lovely and fat

DSC_0402.JPG

1992 (I think) Squier MIJ Strat. Bridge pickup is a DiMarzio Super Distortion S, which produces some nice tones (although tbh at first I was a tad underwhelmed by the lack of sheer volume relative to a full-size humbucker). Plays quite nicely with a low action.

Jackson AS SDX Maple fingerboard, black guard inbound. Should be here in a week or so, since Thomann haven't got them in the warehouse, but will arrive in couple of days.

That said, I will take a soldering iron as soon as I get it and replace the humbucker with DiMarzio Super Distortion in white (a little tribute to my old yellow RG550, which has a white super distortion in the bridge) and the neck pickup with a DiMarzio Chopper (that one I have already from another guitar). I also bought an EVH D-Tuna, since I plan to keep the tremolo flat on the body (dive only), cause I have an Ibanez Jem for that tremolo crazyness. Also, I have a spare Schaller Floyd arm and will probably use that too.

Exciting times.

You made the right choice, you won’t regret it.

I have the white SDX with maple fret. I had the bridge pickup replaced with a Super Distorsion and it’s great. I am planning to replace the Floyd in the future, but the stock one is quite decent for a guitar that costs 500$.

I’m using the white SDX with black pickguard, Super Distortion in the bridge and a Schaller FR. The stock FR works perfectly at first but turns into utter crap once you wear it out.

I’m using the white SDX with black pickguard, Super Distortion in the bridge and a Schaller FR. The stock FR works perfectly at first but turns into utter crap once you wear it out.

I didn’t get to wear it enough as I am addicted to the Les Paul lately. But yeah, it will most likely turn into crap at some point and the Schaller is a solid option.

Back