What guitar do you play?

I think it’s fine but I would start with craigslist.

I had it on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for a month and have only got 1 offer so far.

$1000 for a Music Man Majesty in pristine condition is insulting.

Selling new gear is a bit tricky. There’s no way of knowing what the value will be in the future so they’re harder to sell than something that has been on the market longer and held value. People who want the Majesty guitar are probably going to buy it brand new anyway unless it’s at a massive discount used. It’s kinda like buying a car in that way.

Yeah I’m thinking about just keeping it. I kind of wanted to sell it so I could go to DT and pay off my car, but I’m wondering if it would just be better to keep.

Got my Partscaster back. Shop was pretty busy so I didn't get a chance to ask what they've done, but the action is lower and the neck looks a lot straighter, must've been a truss adjustment job as some here mentioned. All I know is it's playing better than before, so I'm happy.

I had it on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for a month and have only got 1 offer so far.

$1000 for a Music Man Majesty in pristine condition is insulting.

It might be, but the market is what it is.

In northern Europe, if it's not Fender, Gibson or Marshall you might as well keep it.

9B48E906-00F4-4238-9A5C-B08AC1B7F85C.jpeg

Does anybody know by any chance what strap is the one used by Adrian? I know that it is a Fender product, but I couldn’t find anything about it on the internet.

View attachment 8217

Does anybody know by any chance what strap is the one used by Adrian? I know that it is a Fender product, but I couldn’t find anything about it on the internet.

Fender deluxe padded leather straps. Quite expensive. Dave uses them too. I think they might've been discontinued a while ago.

I personally use DiMarzio cliplocks on my guitars.

Fender deluxe padded leather straps. Quite expensive. Dave uses them too. I think they might've been discontinued a while ago.

I personally use DiMarzio cliplocks on my guitars.

Wow, thanks. I did not notice that Dave uses the same model, I see that he has the brown model as well.

The DM cliplocks are very nice and practical, I might try them for my strats. However, now I am looking for something more classic for my LP and since it is heavy as sh*t, some padded model would help a lot.

I have just had a look for the padded deluxe, it is indeed discontinued and there are no second-hand options available anywhere ...

Levy's make the same style. Pricey at about £60, but well worth it.

Cliplocks and straps are fine if you've got a light guitar...

Installed a Goeldo tremolo stabilizer (Goeldo Backbox) on my Jem. Absolute gamechanger. I can go apeshit now on the trem and it just doesn't go out of tune. The arm feels slightly different, but that may be the only downside. I can drop tune now without adjusting the springs, the other strings won't go out of tune if I bend another one and I can still get a fifth up with pulling the bar. Best 19.30€ I spent in ages equipment-wise.

Recomended 10/10.

My floyd doesn't go off tune, but that thing is very cheap and worth looking into. Thanks for the tip!

I can drop tune now without adjusting the springs
:notworthy:

Has anyone used an Air Norton S pickup (or its big brother, Air Norton)? I'm looking to change my neck pickup but as my first priority is changing the bridge to a new one, I'm afraid it won't fit into my budget right now. Once I get the new bridge installed, I want to try lower tunings, would be cool to go down to C standard.

Question... The Green Or The White

Green AS Jackson or white maple necked AS Jackson with black pickguard. Asked my friends and they are no help since they are split perfectly in half with the votes. So, Maidenfans decide.

(Will eventually get both, but it's just one for now).

White. Black-on-white has always been one of my favourite looks for a Strat. Jake E Lee, Billy Corgan, Adrian, all got beautiful signature guitars in that style. Those are what I modeled my own Partcaster on.

Thanks guys. White one it is.

Will also get a white DiMarzio Super Distortion with it (A nod to my old Ibanez RG550, which is at this point retired due to a small crack in the neck pocket) and an EVH D-tuna, because I don't plan to set the Floyd floating, since I have my Ibanez Jem for that. I'm also planning to plop a DiMarzio Chopper into the neck position, because I have one laying around.

When I get the green one, I'll set that one up with a Duncan JB in the bridge, have the Floyd floating (basically H's setup) and leave in the stock neck and middle pickups.

Back