The Wrathchildren ride again?

I will play 7 string on it, for low chunks (and less mud than a tuned down guitar on light gauge strings).
Will probably lend it well for center channel placement and the other guitars panned out. I like it.

Couple quick thoughts after listening to song
  • Forgot there’s a twelve string. I have one, but it’s at my parents house. I might be able to retrieve it but we’ll see.
  • Original guitar solo isn’t very good, maybe we could do a Trade off thing between the guitarists or something. Also harmonize the leads

Couple quick thoughts after listening to song
  • Forgot there’s a twelve string. I have one, but it’s at my parents house. I might be able to retrieve it but we’ll see.
  • Original guitar solo isn’t very good, maybe we could do a Trade off thing between the guitarists or something. Also harmonize the leads
There's no point in trying to perfectly replicate a song as far as I'm concerned unless you are a tribute band. So mixing it up with original solos and such is a good idea.

There's no point in trying to perfectly replicate a song as far as I'm concerned unless you are a tribute band. So mixing it up with original solos and such is a good idea.

I say we take as many liberties as we can within reason. I bet we could add some really powerful stuff during that solo backing riff.

Also, I’m sure @Detective Beauregard is going to try to add bass tapping. :D

So do we have an idea on a song? I’m really digging the idea of a huge singalong chorus in which any member from the forum can participate.
I would gladly contribute to a huge sing along chorus. I could even record a little video clip if you're still kicking around the idea of doing a video too.

So we want to do OOTSP 100%? I gotta say I’m not the most enthusiastic about the song choice, but if that’s the choice of the people, I’ll stick with it.

OOTSP is one of my 21st century favs. I agree that the solo section is bit lacklustre. Here are some thoughts, apart from redoing that solo; maybe we shouldn't do the 2nd verse and pre chorus in half-time as on studio, instead just change drum pattern as Maiden did live with this song. For the rhythm department the song is most tricky in the beginning, the blast intro and the first verse groove are very tight. I don't know whether it would serve it justice to render a fully quantized drum track.

Faster 2nd verse :

Here's a very nice mix for the clarity of bass and drums

I am not a huge OOTSP fan either, but I see it as an opportunity to improve the original. There’s more room for creativity than if we were trying to reinvent a masterpiece like Rime.

OOTSP is one of my 21st century favs. I agree that the solo section is bit lacklustre. Here are some thoughts, apart from redoing that solo; maybe we shouldn't do the 2nd verse and pre chorus in half-time as on studio, instead just change drum pattern as Maiden did live with this song. For the rhythm department the song is most tricky in the beginning, the blast intro and the first verse groove are very tight. I don't know whether it would serve it justice to render a fully quantized drum track.

Faster 2nd verse :

Here's a very nice mix for the clarity of bass and drums

I definitely agree with the second verse drum pattern change! Adds just a little bit of drive.

I am not a huge OOTSP fan either, but I see it as an opportunity to improve the original. There’s more room for creativity than if we were trying to reinvent a masterpiece like Rime.

I love that we can add more changes due to how much space Maiden left in the song. I also see this as an easy way for us all to get back into this process in hopes of more collaboration!

I fucking love this song so much, it's one of my "Most underrated."

The half-step is greatly superior, it means when it comes time to kick it up a notch, @MrKnickerbocker's voice has a place to go, where on the standard, you can hear the range topping out more readily.

Back