1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trooper Beer

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Lempface, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Wayne Bond

Wayne Bond Nomad

Had my first few pints of Red and Black Trooper last Saturday. Was in Cambridge UK for the weekend with the girlfriend and happened to find a pub that had it on tap. Big fan of porter ales and this one was superb. Just wish it was more widely available in pubs in the UK.

Will have to get online and order me some bottles now.

2. cdm613

cdm613 Invader

Just had a bottle with snow crab in the backyard today for late dinner. It was pretty damned good. Classic sweet(ish) English porter with dry chocolate and slightly bitter berry notes to it. And, when the sunlight hits the glass right... it really is red and black!

3. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

4. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I am guessing they are thinking some fans of the band will buy extra to have it in their collection and/or a slightly "friendlier" Eddie/brighter colors to make it stand out on the shelves in stores.

5. MrKnickerbocker

That's true. They are very smart at getting their fans to buy literally everything and making us feel good about it.

6. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Beer has the knack of making you feel good

7. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

Not Trooper, no.

8. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Makes you feel gassy then.

9. cdm613

cdm613 Invader

I like it... but... I ain't changin' my avatar.

10. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

Many beers get rebranded every couple of years to keep them looking relevant.

11. Tastes a lot nicer on tap when you can find it! A couple of years ago me and my girlfriend were in London and walked into a bar that sold it with Iron Maiden pint glasses... ashamed to say I took one with me!

12. MrKnickerbocker

13. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

Had a few bottles of Hallowed. I'm not a massive fan of Belgian beers, but this is nice enough for what it is, if you like stuff like Leffe or Affligem you'll probably enjoy this

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Navigators Ghost likes this.
  14. Still not tried it but tempted to order some online! I'm sure I will if I have a couple drinks this evening haha

15. malmc02

malmc02 Prowler

I have had The Trooper a few times, it was surprisingly good! If you like IPAs/hoppy brews, give it a try, for sure!

Navigators Ghost likes this.
  16. I love Trooper and had Red & Black a few times when one of my local pubs had it on Tap but its Hallowed I'm yet to try

17. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

I'm waiting for Fugitive beer to be made. "A blend of complex aromas and tastes".

18. Or a horrendously strong one called 'The Assassin'

Magnus likes this.
  19. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Sounds sharp, and deadly.

Magnus likes this.
  20. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

Fucking Fugitive fixation, ffs