The Trooper Beer

Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson to launch a new limited-edition beer at the end of 2016

"Dave Shack, managing director of Phantom Music Management, which takes care of Iron Maiden, said the plan was to launch one new seasonal or limited-edition ale every year with the intention to identifying a second permanent beer, which can be placed alongside its established Trooper brand."

"Iron Maiden, which launched its beer in May 2013, had two brands — Trooper and Trooper 666. In 2015, it produced 4.3 million pints of Trooper, up 28.5% from 2014, and 600,000 pints of Trooper 666. These 2 brands together constitute more than 50% of Robinsons' volumes."

Considering they didn't do a silly name with Trooper, I can only assume they'll just use a song title again for the name recognition. If they're gonna do one a year, fully expect them to use the most popular song titles like The Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, Wasted Years, etc. etc. The obvious and best option is to make a dark ale or stout called Fear of the Dark, I think. That said, I hope they do one of these:

Run to the Hops - IPA
2 Minutes to Maltnight - dark ale
Bring Your Porter...To The Slaughter - porter
Can I Play With Märzen - Oktoberfest ale
From Hefe to Eternity - Hefeweizen/wheat beer

deep cut limited edition beer:
Face in the Stout

cocoa-birthday-party-train.jpg

Can you guess what one of the meanings of chugging is in the UK/Scotland? :D
It's slang; but most people, given the word in a sentence, would know what was meant.
(To be honest, the word doesn't have any other meaning to me.)

Shame trooper seems to be so expensive in the states. Over here in the uk its no more pricey than any other beer. In fact sainsburys often have the bottles in their 3 for £5 deal. Never seen it in cans in the uk only bottles or on tap in pubs. On tap is the best way to drink it as is the case with pretty much all ales. In bottle it has added gas where as on tap it has no gas at all.

Back