The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I was gonna say, I wouldn't go by the shirts as good indicators of what songs may be in the setlist. Otherwise, we would have had Ghost of the Navigator (which i wouldn't mind hearing live...) thanks to the artwork on the back of one of the main NA shirts in 2016.

However, they did have a Powerslave-themed Book of Souls shirt... and that was in the setlist. Hmm

I was gonna say, I wouldn't go by the shirts as good indicators of what songs may be in the setlist. Otherwise, we would have had Ghost of the Navigator (which i wouldn't mind hearing live...) thanks to the artwork on the back of one of the main NA shirts in 2016.

However, they did have a Powerslave-themed Book of Souls shirt... and that was in the setlist. Hmm

Which can certainly only mean that the fronts of t-shirts should be studied for facts! OBVIOUSLY, we're gonna hear Killers!

The recent news article on the official website mentions Killers (the album), so I think it's a safe bet a track from that album is going to come into the set for this leg of the tour. would be pretty cool if it was the song.

OBVIOUSLY, we're gonna hear Killers!
Haha, I wish!

IIRC the 2016 NOTB shirt had the 2 Minutes artwork on the back (also not in the setlist), so . . .

I'm guessing the T-shirt artwork guidelines run along the lines of anything off an album that is represented in any capacity, which would kind of justify 11:58 and Ghost of the Navigator (both their parent are albums were represented, albeit by different songs). If I were feeling optimistic, and brave, I'd say we could hear other SIT material. But I'm not, so I won't.

Killers is a 'classic Maiden' design? Could be a good seller whether they play anything from it or not.

Would love to hear Killers. It's one of my favorite songs that I discovered kind of late, so I never got a chance to see them live where they played the song.

Here's my setlist then, assuming Killers is in.

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Still Life
4. Tears of a Clown
5. Brave New World
6. Killers
7. The Red and the Black
8. The Trooper
9. Powerslave
10. Death or Glory
11. The Book of Souls
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

14. The Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Wasted Years

Songs omitted are Children of the Damned and Blood Brothers. Brave New World is in place of Blood Brothers, and Still Life in for Children. The remaining songs are the same but just moved around in the setlist. I made it 16 songs, instead of 15, simply because if you add the one extra (Killers) you're looking at just an extra 5 minutes to the total runtime.

I sure hope they mix it up a bit. I mean regarding the new songs. I would love to hear When the river runs deep insted of The red and the black. I think The great unknown would also be "great". I however see little chance in that happening.

Last edited:
I would be very disappointed if the ominous Killers track wouldn't be Wrathchild.

Songs omitted are Children of the Damned and Blood Brothers. Brave New World is in place of Blood Brothers, and Still Life in for Children. The remaining songs are the same but just moved around in the setlist. I made it 16 songs, instead of 15, simply because if you add the one extra (Killers) you're looking at just an extra 5 minutes to the total runtime.
Adding five extra minutes would probably push the show past two hours, which is something Maiden wouldn't want to do though. If anything, in a scenario where Killers is added to the set (realistically this isn't going to happen but let's pretend) they'd either replace a song that's relatively close in length (so CotD) or a song that's noticeable longer to bring down the set length, since right now it's actually a bit on the long side for Maiden.

I'm honestly a little excited for this tour, but mostly because I wanna hear what's going on with Bruce's vocals. I feel like even at its best his voice was not very good last year. Which is of course very understandable considering the circumstances, but I'm a little hopeful the extra recuperation time since last August might've had a positive impact.

I'm honestly a little excited for this tour, but mostly because I wanna hear what's going on with Bruce's vocals. I feel like even at its best his voice was not very good last year. Which is of course very understandable considering the circumstances, but I'm a little hopeful the extra recuperation time since last August might've had a positive impact.

I don't know about this. He was sounding better than on the Maiden England tour on some gigs. Check Santiago, Berlin or Arnhem. Those were his best gigs on this tour. As good as The Final Frontier Tour (En Vivo). On the other hand, the first 3 gigs (Florida, Tulsa and Vegas) were the worst.

Has anyone got any idea if there's anything sorted for returning paperless tickets?

I have a spare ticket for the Nottingham gig now and don't really want to be left out of pocket, and it sounds like trying to sell it is going to be a bit risky.

Their FAQ said details would be posted about a month ahead of the show about how to get help if tickets needed returning but it doesn't seem like they've said anything about it since

I don't know about this. He was sounding better than on the Maiden England tour on some gigs. Check Santiago, Berlin or Arnhem. Those were his best gigs on this tour. As good as The Final Frontier Tour (En Vivo). On the other hand, the first 3 gigs (Florida, Tulsa and Vegas) were the worst.
All things considered, I was pretty impressed with his performance in Florida. But yes, by the time I saw them again in Chicago there was definitely a noticeable improvement. Hopefully this year he'll be even better!

Yeah, I'll definitely admit he had some incredibly solid performances on the tour, no doubt. But I'd say towards the end they started to be pretty weak generally. It figures, but I'm interested in seeing how things go this time around. If he starts off stronger than last year, then I'd imagine it'd bode well for the rest of the tour.

Of course it's not that predictable in reality, but it might tell us something about what level of performance he can deliver on a good day. Again, he did have some great shows last year, but I feel like the big drop-off was a relatively big issue and probably down to him simply not having enough time to completely recuperate.

If you look at virtually any singer on any tour you'll probably notice that the first few gigs are a little rough due to the newness of it all and the body/mind setting in to the performance routine, they'll sound great in the middle, and then start to decline in quality towards the end due to exhaustion. For Bruce's age, recovering from a throat illness, and singing the way he does without key changes, I'd say he did unbelievably well.

Another confusing twist in the 'ticketless' saga: I've just had an email notification from Ticketmaster that the event organisers (I assume they mean the venue, not the promoter) are sending their own tickets for the Leeds show to Ticketmaster, who will then distribute them. So, there will be tickets after all, at least for this show. :confused:

Now I need to try to change the delivery address seeing as I've moved since I bought the tickets.

Last edited:
If you look at virtually any singer on any tour you'll probably notice that the first few gigs are a little rough due to the newness of it all and the body/mind setting in to the performance routine, they'll sound great in the middle, and then start to decline in quality towards the end due to exhaustion. For Bruce's age, recovering from a throat illness, and singing the way he does without key changes, I'd say he did unbelievably well.
Also, Maiden does perform songs that challenge Bruce vocally and that goes way back to Aces High which based on the video version of Live After Death and the one on Behind The Iron Curtain, he must have struggled a lot on.

Back