The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Papa has gone on record stating that Grohl has both recorded and toured as a Ghoul, and probably will again in the future.
Dunno if that means guitar or drums, though. Could be both!

Can you move with the Ghost talk to the appropriate thread? This is not a Ghost thread.
On topic, I don't want to see EOTC played live as usual. Piano on stage + 18 minute song is not an Iron Maiden show. Sorry fanboys. If they do "Maiden does prog" or "Maiden does out of the ordinary tour" then OK.

I've heard rumors that Dave Grohl was once a nameless ghoul too.
I am about 50% sure I saw him playing with Ghost when they opened for Maiden. One of the Ghouls had a lot of moves like Grohl. Also a similar looking guitar, if not the same, that I saw him use with FF a lot.

This is the spoilers thread, though.
And, as far as the Ghost stuff... if some folks have questions and others have answers, it's just the natural flow.
But, on the other hand, yeah, if someone wants to make a Ghost thread in another section, we should move all that stuff there. Seems there's plenty of interest.

This is the spoilers thread, though.
And, as far as the Ghost stuff... if some folks have questions and others have answers, it's just the natural flow.
But, on the other hand, yeah, if someone wants to make a Ghost thread in another section, we should move all that stuff there. Seems there's plenty of interest.

I don't mind Ghost but I want to get Maiden updates here, as I don't check all threads with new posts. So if you have a parallel discussion going on maybe it would be cleaner to fork it off to another thread.

I don't mind Ghost but I want to get Maiden updates here, as I don't check all threads with new posts.

Except there hasn't been any Maiden updates for awhile now.

The Ghost talk has only been going on for the past five days.

Not that hard to sift through, whenever we do finally get some Maiden updates.

At least I can participate cause I know nothing about the Ghost.

ANYWAYS, here's some Maiden-related tour stuff...

They are now offering pre-orders on select tour merch, including the new UK shirt, and a Killers front/Wasted Years back shirt w/ tour dates, which either means Wrathchild is going to be in the set, or no songs from Killers are going to be in the set. :D

https://tourmerch.ironmaiden.com/

bsi_iron1187.jpg

Finally, there's that sweatshirt I've been talking about!!!
However, at the Denver show, it was on a khaki sweatshirt... I guess for the out in the jungle feel or whatever.
The black looks bad ass!

They are now offering pre-orders on select tour merch, including the new UK shirt, and a Killers front/Wasted Years back shirt w/ tour dates, which either means Wrathchild is going to be in the set, or no songs from Killers are going to be in the set. :D

That shirt definitely confirms that we won't see Wasted Years leaving the set and here's hoping it means the long celebrated return of Wrathchild!

That shirt definitely confirms that we won't see Wasted Years leaving the set and here's hoping it means the long celebrated return of Wrathchild!

I really wish they would change stuff up. I know they mentioned changing one or two songs but keeping the rest the same since they are playing a plethora of places they didn't in 2016... Wrath child is fine but damn I'd kill to hear Purgatory....

On a side note, I preordered the Killers tour shirt since it's $10 cheaper than at the gigs... I hope it isn't the one I'm getting from the VIP package I purchased for Tampa.. lol

We'll see... remember the Stranger in a Strange Land and Purgatory shirts from the Maiden England 2012 leg?

Back