The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

A friend's friend's dad sold a pitchfork to Steve in '92. He might know someting.

On a more serious note they know that the time is short since Bruce's illness. They will go to the studio this year, but not in August, straight after the tour, because of Steve's touring schedule. There will be no greatest tour in 2018 as stated above. There will be an album tour (possibly with EF one) and I wouldn't say twice that they might go in the studio again at the end of next year next year and try to record another album if they enjoy the process this year.

Also IM farewell greatest hits tour won't happen, because that would close all the doors about the future.

Last edited:
another album and back on the road then 2018 a greatest hits tour
Even if this is true, you're looking at a new album in 2018 (it won't come out this year), and a tour in 2018 for the album. Possibly two years. And then a greatest hits/end of days tour, which would likely be on the same timeframe as Maiden England. That's five years of Iron Maiden tours.

Even if this is true, you're looking at a new album in 2018 (it won't come out this year), and a tour in 2018 for the album. Possibly two years. And then a greatest hits/end of days tour, which would likely be on the same timeframe as Maiden England. That's five years of Iron Maiden tours.

All jokes and speculation aside, this sounds like a reasonable and realistic scenario of the time Iron Maiden have left.

Just wanted to drop in and say I was in the pit at the Bristow, VA show Saturday night, and what a night it was! It was my third Maiden show (after The Final Frontier in 2010 and Maiden England in 2012) and my first in the pit. My friends and I got real lucky and managed to get fairly close to the stage, in fact we noticed that almost everyone in front of us had a VIP lanyard so we must have done alright. When the band came out I had chills realizing that I was standing about 10-15 feet from Dave Murray and Adrian Smith. The sound was actually pretty terrible from where we were standing (vocals were WAY too loud, like to the point of distortion, and I could barely make out Adrian and Janick's solos because of their more trebly lead tones) but it was still an amazing experience. The band was on fire and sound issues aside Bruce's performance was fantastic, I didn't at any point notice him having trouble. On another note I know that some people have been keeping track of what guitars the three amigos are using on the tour and would like to report that I spotted a roadie/guitar tech holding the gold version of Adrian's signature Jackson model, though it wasn't used during the show. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that guitar has been used since the Final Frontier Tour, and perhaps it's being brought along as a backup. Anyway, cheers everyone, and enjoy the tour!

Judging by recent concert videos from USA, Bruce's voice is far from decline. He sounds like a f*n AIR RAID SIREN :edmetal:

Saw Maiden again over the weekend in both Bristow and Philly and both were incredible shows. If anything, even better than the London ones which is a pretty tall order I must say. Aside from taking 2 hours to get out of the parking lot at Jiffy Lube it was a perfect set of shows. Do not miss this tour if you have a chance to go, it really is something special. I can't remember an album tour of this magnitude where the crowd really seemed to love the new songs.

One more show to go for me this tour - Toronto in mid-July. It'll be nice to take a break after back to back weekends of two shows. I have no idea how folks can do much more than that!

I'm opening a Chicago meetup thread in private. If you are interested in hanging out before the gig and you weren't included, please let me know and I will add you!

Came across this bit of gossip over at the Guardian the other day:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...iverpool-bruce-dickinson-heavy-metal#comments

dogoftwohead MediumSam
23 May 2017 2:31

Speaking with a mate of mine from Maidens road crew recently. The band are very aware that their time is short... they are straight in the studio after this tour for another album and back on the road then 2018 a greatest hits tour and that could be it because Nico is suffering with his wrists and general fitness, if he goes the bands folds.. no replacement.

Enjoy them while you can.​
I call BS on this. every tour is a greatest hits tour. what are they going to play? Trooper, IM, RttH, TNoftB, FotD, Hallowed, 23:58?

So.... 2018 tour confirmed?

Well, as they ended their UK tour Nicko wished Merry Christmas or something on his part of the Thank you -video they put in public so I read that they will be in studio for the rest of the summer (after the last show in the US) and new album will be out by this Christmas. That is my wish and educated guess. Naturally there will be a tour in 2018, probably going on till 2019 and perhaps till 2020. Such exciting times!

Well, as they ended their UK tour Nicko wished Merry Christmas or something on his part of the Thank you -video they put in public so I read that they will be in studio for the rest of the summer (after the last show in the US) and new album will be out by this Christmas. That is my wish and educated guess. Naturally there will be a tour in 2018, probably going on till 2019 and perhaps till 2020. Such exciting times!
Studio in the fall/winter. Steve is touring with BL for the rest of the summer.

Back