The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

The purpose.. his Best Of album was mentioned as an "excuse" I think. He also performed both new songs, Broken and Silver Wings. Basically, I just think he loved to go out and play. ;)

Not completely. He and Adrian did 5 dates in Brazil during April 1999, and recorded a live album, "Scream For Me Brazil" as well.

Remember getting that album as well. But the recordings for it had been done before he "actively" were back in Maiden on the Ed Hunter tour. Which didn't start until July 1999. So the live album was made before he was back in Maiden so to speak..;) but released as sort of the last solo Bruce thing at the time..Until the greatest hits.

I'd rather leave the solo stuff until Maiden is done or they are on a seriously long no touring break. I'd rather have more Maiden shows and at least one more album before any solo stuff.

I don't know why he'd want to do a solo tour now. He wouldn't be out to make money anymore, he makes those in Maiden. The only reason is to satisfy the demand from the fans who want to see him perform his solo stuff....I bet it would seem a bit awkward for him to go out and perform that old solo stuff now when he's been back in Maiden for over 15 years...
I thought it was a bit awkward for him to release a solo album while in Maiden unless that was part of his contract.

I'm guessing we will get a new Maiden album in 2019.
2017 - TBOS part two
Late 2017 - TBOS live dvd
2018 - Legacy of the Beast soundtrack double album followed by summer tour
Late 2018 - enter studio
2019 - album and tour

It is worth noting that if the band makes it to 2019, this lineup will have been active for 20 years. The same amount of time from the debut to BNW.

I'm guessing we will get a new Maiden album in 2019.
2017 - TBOS part two
Late 2017 - TBOS live dvd
2018 - Legacy of the Beast soundtrack double album followed by summer tour
Late 2018 - enter studio
2019 - album and tour

In this scenario, their final tour would be the one promoting the new album. So, no Classics For A Goodbye Tour

Last time British Lion toured it was like a 10 date club tour in just about a months time.
You are right about the length (from july 29th to august the 26th 2015), but they played 22 gigs, which is quite a heavy schedule. I guess when they promote the new record, the tour will be like the first (2013) one.

I didn't even know of this tour. A few special gigs would definitely be doable.

The setlist (which -I think- did not change much from one date to another):
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-dickinson/2002/norje-havsbad-norje-sweden-bd5816e.html
(if I'm not mistaken, the line-up was:
Guitars - Alex Dickson (Skunkworks, Robbie Williams, Sack Trick) and Pete "Freezin'" Friesen (Alice Cooper)
Bass - Chris Dale (Skunkworks, Sack Trick)
Drums - Robin Guy (Rachel Stamp)

I hope he would be at the Hellfest festival next year if he did a tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which are ? You seriously hooked me there !
1. Various bands have played their farewell tours and changed their minds after (Scorpions, Kiss, etc...). I don't believe that Maiden would do that, unless there wold be some kind of medical reason to go on (god, please no).
2. Farewell tours are usually more expensive ticket-wise. If you do a farewell tour and than change your mind, you can look like somebody who titled the tour like this just to make more money.
3. I expect them to do something like Rush did with R40. It was not titled Farewell tour, but most of the fans knew that Neil was retiring after Los Angeles show. But they didn't close the door for some more shows.

No, I think it works differently with Maiden.

They would do a farewell tour but they would not change their mind.

If the time comes, Maiden will probably really quit and not just quit touring and maybe, maybe record something. Can't imagine they change their mind and continue performing.

I wish it were like Rush, but alas.

Nah, I agree that they'll do like Rush. They won't call it a farewell tour but it will be strongly implied and confirmed as the last major tour. It's also arrogant to close the door on performing completely, as proven by all the bands who have done "farewell tours". Maiden know better.

And I don't think Maiden have any intention of quitting until they're forced to stop.

We'll see about that. Whatever they call it, I am sure Maiden will tell us in time before they'll do their last tour.

I think the problem is just that it's really hard to do something like that without it coming off as a publicity stunt to sell tickets. I also think Maiden themselves aren't going to know if it's their last tour until it's over, or almost over. .

Back