The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Oh dear. It didn't look a big fall, but he normally leaps straight back up and continues. He could have been knocked out.

A very sudden and hard fall. Backwards. Ouch. Adrian looked worried and gestured to the crew and pointed at him.
Here at the and of DOG Bruce talks about the fall to Steve and Jan.

His Airraid Over Europe tour in 2002 seemed to work well. He did some festivals in Europe like Wacken and Sweden Rock, ranging from June to early August. But Maiden had only done only three gigs since Rock In Rio 2001 at the time.
I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce already have written and recorded some material for a new solo album, he said he would try to sing something last December, just to make sure his singing voice were ready for the upcoming tour, so it could be some recording for his solo album?

If most of it is done already, I'm sure it will be out sometime late next year, during the same cycle as his biography, and possibly some select shows summer 2018, unless Maiden are out on some tour by then

Ouch, it looked scary when he didn't get up. I guess they had to check his head during DoG and luckily it seems he's fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce already have written and recorded some material for a new solo album
He and Roy Z had some demos done before the recording of The Book of Souls , I wonder if they wrote more after this?
Dickinson said: "'If Eternity Should Fail', the opening track [of the new IRON MAIDEN album 'The Book Of Souls'], that was going to be the title track to my solo album. I had about six songs demoed
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ir...-has-demoed-six-songs-for-solo-concept-album/

On the wikipedia page for Tyranny of souls, it was from an interview during the promotion of the album. There are no direct source to it, but I remember the interview well. They wrote when Bruce were on the road. He also told about an accident on stage during one of the Los Angeles dates. He slipped on some small ice cubes that was thrown on the stage, and fell hard on his back. He managed to finish the show and the Japanese dates, and flew back to Roy Z's house/studio, laying flat down on a matress between the vocal recordings!

I've read an interview of Bruce that confirms that. He said the album was written in a very unusual way, that they had no time to get together, and that Roy and him exchanged files via the Internet. Roy would send the music, Bruce would make his suggestions and send ideas for the lyrics and vocal melodies.

Confirms what? I am aware of this new process as well. But what you say doesn't say anything about when that happened. Not that I don't believe it, but I don't think I ever read anything about the Dance of Death tour, in relation to these writing sessions / demo recordings.

I can't find the interview and I don't know if it was on paper or online (in that case, I don't upload Bruce's interviews), but in my memories, he talked about working in hotel rooms while touring with Maiden.

I can't find the interview and I don't know if it was on paper or online (in that case, I don't upload Bruce's interviews), but in my memories, he talked about working in hotel rooms while touring with Maiden.

Some of the details about the recording process can be found here:

http://www.blistering.com/fastpage/...id/3/tempidx/5/catid/4/restemp/N;/fPpagesel/2

Roy on Bruce's injuries at the time, here:

http://www.maelstromzine.com/ezine/interview_iss46_209.php?sid=f00a26197518a460150d1e9efa3eaab3

The Bruce Dickinson Anthology also has a nice interview on the making of Tyranny of Souls (third disc, track-by-track EPK).

Thank you very much.
On the first link, I found this quote by Bruce about how he wrote the album : " 'Tyranny Of Souls’ was put together in a very different way to any of my other albums. Roy Z sent me a C.D. of guitar riffs, which had no drums or click tracks. It was just simply guitar. And I wrote the songs based around those ideas with a notepad, a Walkman and headphones and by wandering around on tour with Iron Maiden. So I sketched out the melodies and words and things like that, and phoned him up from tour and said, ‘I’ve got eleven songs".

I remember reading that Bruce wrote something for the album while in Japan with Maiden.

Talking about health when looking at Adrian in videos he seems to be always pursing his lips like he has gum and lip problems! Specially when hes soloing on a song with his guitar!! is it possible he is having trouble with maybe his teeth instead?he's old now -does smith still have his own teeth?

Back