The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

The scenario I hope for: March-July the US/UK/Europe tour in that order. September they enter studio (like they did for TBOS). New album is released at the end of February 2018.
I don't see them entering the studio right after a quite extensive tour, with just a month off. Plus apparently reliable sources say that Harry is going to record a new album with BL. It is not specified wether it will be before or after the next Maiden record, but my guess goes to the former (but it could also be between Maiden's tours).

I suspect they'll go into the studio next year too. And British Lion could even do that later this year.

It would be fantastic to get two (three with Bruce's ?) albums in a short amount of time. Harry's got six months before the two tours, so hopefully you are right.

Probably there will be a longer break for them after the last leg of this tour in which Steve probably can't sit still and will do his British Lion stuff. After that I also hope they go straight into the studio...

Bruce's solo album will depend on all of his other work commitments and all of his airline stuff I guess :D Not sure he has the time.

I think Harry said he wants to tour with BL. Recording an BL album it's a 1-2 month work, at max. But a tour would demand more than a couple of months. If he tours with BL, i don't think Maiden will reunite before late 2017, and a new album wouldn't go to the oven before 2018. If Bruce's going solo as well, he'll want at least one semester to work and tour with his material (and we had proof that he can't handle 12 months of straight singing anymore).

In fact, i would rather see them having sometime off from now to late 2017. I'm salivating for another Bruce's solo and all the band is probably tired, the TBoS tour had tons of energy. If they tour and go to the studio shortly after, i don't think the release will be as good as if they get one year off before recording again.

Late 2016-Early 2017: personal projects (from BL to PGA. Go, Dave!)
Late 2017: 2nd leg of TBoS
2018: New Album and Tour

I'm OK with that schedule, specially considering that the average time between new albums for the current line up is 3 years and 9 months. We would get one in roughly 2 and a half years

Well, they will
Late 2016-Early 2017: personal projects (from BL to PGA. Go, Dave!)
Late 2017: 2nd leg of TBoS
2018: New Album and Tour

Well, they will actually tour in early 2017, everybody seems to agree on that and there is an abundant amount of info. So BL must be between august 2016 and january 2017, or after august 2017. And Maiden's album cannot be before early 2018.

I think Harry said he wants to tour with BL. Recording an BL album it's a 1-2 month work, at max. But a tour would demand more than a couple of months. If he tours with BL, i don't think Maiden will reunite before late 2017, and a new album wouldn't go to the oven before 2018. If Bruce's going solo as well, he'll want at least one semester to work and tour with his material (and we had proof that he can't handle 12 months of straight singing anymore).

Last time British Lion toured it was like a 10 date club tour in just about a months time. Sure, if they were to release a new album they might expand this but the gigging will still be kinda exclusive and limited to a few shows. So, I don't think it will be more than a couple of months. Bruce recording will take some time, depending on how much material he has already written..but he needs time to go into the studio etc...I don't think he will go out on the road with this. He never toured for Tyranny of Souls as far as I know because Maiden is his main band now.

He never toured for Tyranny of Souls as far as I know because Maiden is his main band now.

That's a good point as well. I checked some dates:

End of Dance of Death World Tour: 08/02/2004
Release of Tyranny of Souls: 23/05/2005
Begin of Early Days Tour: 28/05/2005
End of Early Days Tour: 31/08/2005
Release of AMOLAD: 28/08/2006
Begin of AMOLAD Tour: 04/10/2006

Supposing that Tyranny of Souls material couldn't be anticipated, Bruce had one window for touring, which was in the last months of 2005 (they probably began to work on AMOLAD in 2006). He didn't pushed for a tour, that's pretty obvious. The point is : Will he want to do a solo tour now?

I don't know why he'd want to do a solo tour now. He wouldn't be out to make money anymore, he makes those in Maiden. The only reason is to satisfy the demand from the fans who want to see him perform his solo stuff....I bet it would seem a bit awkward for him to go out and perform that old solo stuff now when he's been back in Maiden for over 15 years...

His Airraid Over Europe tour in 2002 seemed to work well. He did some festivals in Europe like Wacken and Sweden Rock, ranging from June to early August. But Maiden had only done only three gigs since Rock In Rio 2001 at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruce is passionate enough for having worthwhile fun by doing own songs. That said, I guess a solo album would have priority and possible dates are indeed more logical when Maiden (hardly) tours.

His Airraid Over Europe tour in 2002 seemed to work well. He did some festivals in Europe like Wacken and Sweden Rock, combined with own shows in South America, from June to early August. But Maiden had only done only three gigs in 18 months at the time.

I didn't even know of this tour. A few special gigs would definitely be doable.

Seriously?

Well, it was short. 5 gigs or so. Summer festivals.

EDIT: 6 gigs:
Sweden Rock
Graspop
Tuska
Athens
Rock Machina (Spain)
Wacken

Yeah. I thought his solo touring definitively ended when he re-joined Maiden. I wonder what the purpose was of doing those couple of summer festivals?!

Really? We've posted several clips over the years. You might like to check them out. His band had two Skunkworks members in it (which was cool, to see these guys doing more of Bruce's "metal-side") , and two Alice Cooper backing band members.

The Classic Wrathchild Tour

Wrathchild
Wrathchild extended
Wrathchild without the screaming
Wrathchild with Harry's vocals
Wrathchild with Gers on the backing vocals
Wrathchild commented by Harry
Wrathchild: a re-release by Dave Murray
Wrathchild with DiAnno on Skype
Wrathchild with Bruce on the drums
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
--
Wrathchild instrumental
Wrathchild

Two more:
Wrathchild with Adrian's fills (Killers verion)
Wrathchild without Adrian's fills (LAD version)

Back