The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Huh? How did that happen? :huh:

On the first leg of the FF tour it was planned to be Paschendale alternating with Dance of Death each night, but they kept on making mistakes during Paschendale and so went for just DOD after a few shows (there are bootlegs about that shows this). I remember reading a Dave Murray interview explaining this but can't remember where sorry!

It is a shame as they really nailed Paschendale to great effect on the DOD tour!

They probably start rehearsing next week, in North Miami.
Nicko is happy about this, because he can sleep in his own bed. And he can host the band and crew, having them eating in his restaurant.

Once the tour is over, it would be nice if Maiden did a one off show (& filmed it) of only deep cuts from throughout their catalog that have never been played live before. Maybe call it (are you ready to groan?)...Deep Cuts Maiden Hell

I'm highly skeptical of the legitimacy of that setlist. The opening song makes no sense whatsoever. How would China know anyway? They're still 3 months away from playing their shows over there.

I personally wouldn't believe any of these "leaked" setlists until the first show of the tour takes place.

I'm highly skeptical of the legitimacy of that setlist. The opening song makes no sense whatsoever. How would China know anyway? They're still 3 months away from playing their shows over there.

I personally wouldn't believe any of these "leaked" setlists until the first show of the tour takes place.
They have to tell the chinese which songs they intend to play, because of the strict censorship there. They probably couldn't announce the gigs without telling which songs they would play. And the order of the songs will be different of course.

They have to tell the chinese which songs they intend to play, because of the strict censorship there. They probably couldn't announce the gigs without telling which songs they would play. And the order of the songs will be different of course.
If you see the document was posted on 31th of December 2015, and the shows were announced in the first weeks of January, because they needed to go through the lyrics as Poto stated.

The band probably decided on the final setlist just before Christmas. The shows in China were good to go but the censors needed the setlist before annoncing them. So the IM office posted the set on 31/12/2015 to the censors. They took their time to review the lyrics and gave a green light to those songs around 10th January. The shows were annonced on 12th. It is possible that a song or two from that setlist are cut for the show, because the chinese censors often change their mind (it happened before). Also it's possible that a song or two will be played on tour, but they were replaced for this chinese shows.

Also might add...
...the set is quite predictable. There are some quite popular albums that are not represented. Only one song in the whole set might be considered as a surprise. And another flow... Only 7 Maiden albums are represented. There are 6 tracks from one album, 3 tracks from two different albums and 1 track from 4 different albums. Also an interesting observation is that the only non-Bruce studio sung song in the set is the obvious one. Two "golden era" albums are excluded.

Last edited by a moderator:
If
that is indeed the case, then I am still doubtful that will be the set for the rest of the tour.

Spoilers, just in case.
I find it unlikely that they would play 3 songs off BNW, yet nothing from DoD-TFF.

I'm also not counting on them playing 6 songs from TBOS, although I do hope to be wrong in this case.

If that is indeed the case, then I am still doubtful that will be the set for the rest of the tour.

Spoilers, just in case.
I find it unlikely that they would play 3 songs off BNW, yet nothing from DoD-TFF.

I'm also not counting on them playing 6 songs from TBOS, although I do hope to be wrong in this case.
I could do without BNW or Wicker Man and have Killers, Coming Home or ROBB instead.

Nothing from AMOLAD is disappointing. And three songs from Brave New World seems a bit much, particulary since they played two of those in 2011. But I understand them, it's a quite new album with songs that soon are will be considered classics. However, six songs off TBOS, BNW songs and COTD! Yay, lots of positives. It's better than the TFF setlist from 2011.

Back