The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

It's official now.

1005516_10153230388927051_8123581035581828274_n.jpg

Keep your fingers crossed. I'm sure 'only' means just the first leg... They'll probably carry on in 2017.

The Great British Band that only play one gig in their home Country?

They much prefer to play in the back arse of nowhere and get paid mega bucks, like they need the money!

and 3 of them live outside the UK ( Rod Lives In L.A as well)

Not Loyal to the UK fans that made them Multi Millionaires, and tax evaiders to boot.

Gee Thanks Maiden, thanks for Sweet F.A

I am not a Maiden hater, but for a band that rattle on how British they are, they aint giving much love back to UK fans

I'd be very curious to see if all the wtf-just-one-gig-in-the-UK-wtf people will apologise if Maiden do a full UK tour in 2017. Or at least appreciate that as verbosely.

It's pretty obvious that the US and the UK were originally slated for big tours in summer 2015. Maiden usually tour the UK on new album tours. They'd probably already committed to Download 2016, with the stipulation that it was the only 2016 UK gig.

Then Bruce was diagnosed with cancer, and everything had to be reshuffled. Instead of a 2015-2016 tour, we got a bit longer 2016 tour with some extra American dates, and almost certainly a bigger NA/UK tour in 2017.

They're not snubbing the UK intentionally. It's just the way things turned out given the circumstances. Same thing to all the people (not necessarily on this board) moaning about having only 10 NA dates.

The Great British Band that only play one gig in their home Country?

They much prefer to play in the back arse of nowhere and get paid mega bucks, like they need the money!

and 3 of them live outside the UK ( Rod Lives In L.A as well)

Not Loyal to the UK fans that made them Multi Millionaires, and tax evaiders to boot.

Gee Thanks Maiden, thanks for Sweet F.A

I am not a Maiden hater, but for a band that rattle on how British they are, they aint giving much love back to UK fans

Well I hope Maiden do a full UK tour next year if that's in their plans. But for now I'm just enjoying going through the albums.

I must say that if i had the millions that Steve or Nicko has I'd be away living in LA too rather than grey freezing Scotland!

As a UK based fan, it actually doesn't anger me that much. I just enjoyed/enjoy raging about it! :D
It's pretty obvious that the US and the UK were originally slated for big tours in summer 2015. Maiden usually tour the UK on new album tours. They'd probably already committed to Download 2016, with the stipulation that it was the only 2016 UK gig.

Then Bruce was diagnosed with cancer, and everything had to be reshuffled. Instead of a 2015-2016 tour, we got a bit longer 2016 tour with some extra American dates, and almost certainly a bigger NA/UK tour in 2017.

They're not snubbing the UK intentionally. It's just the way things turned out given the circumstances. Same thing to all the people (not necessarily on this board) moaning about having only 10 NA dates.
Aye, agree with most of that. It's quite odd that they can't just say: we'll be touring the UK in 2017. I mean it's not difficult, why haven't they said anything?
I must say that if i had the millions that Steve or Nicko has I'd be away living in LA too rather than grey freezing Scotland!
Welcome to the forum, Scottishmaiden! :ok:

It's quite odd that they can't just say: we'll be touring the UK in 2017. I mean it's not difficult, why haven't they said anything?
Maybe they have some kind of contract with Download, which doesn't allow that... I guess many people would pass on the festival if they knew there's a stadium tour coming anyway.

I don't know what that means.
When the Speed of Light release date was leaked via Warner Norway's press release/Maiden Revelations Blog, they had that picture of Nordic Eddie up on the homepage saying "Your ONLY source for Iron Maiden news... Accept No Imitations!" for weeks.

It's funny because IM.com is often the LAST place you learn of any Maiden news these days.

When the Speed of Light release date was leaked via Warner Norway's press release/Maiden Revelations Blog, they had that picture of Nordic Eddie up on the homepage saying "Your ONLY source for Iron Maiden news... Accept No Imitations!" for weeks.

It's funny because IM.com is often the LAST place you learn of any Maiden news these days.
Got you! :ok:

Anyway... Maiden have played Download far too many times to still be in this position where they can't announce to their own fans their future touring plans. I accept (but do wonder why) they knowingly agreed to Download being their "only UK show/date in 2016"; but are Maiden genuinely in a position where they cannot talk about their touring plans for 2017 because of their Download contract? If they are, then this is their own stupid fucking fault; and they're pissing off their UK fan base with this nonsense. If not, get announcing &/or heavy hint dropping Maiden. China & Japan got announced ages ago, without confirmation of dates (until the China dates just there).

The Point I am making is that A UK Tour, more than likely will be at the O2, Arena possibly 3 or 4 nights.
Maiden have always marketed themselves as a British Band, Just like Ozzy, Motorhead, Judas Priest etc etc etc.
When they played in the UK 2 nights at the 02 in 2013, in 2014 they played to 26,913 people, 100% of the ticket allocation, and then again at Knebworth in 2014 that whole 2 yr Maiden England Tour netted under just shy of £49 million.

The Final Frontier tour Circa 2011 they played a number of shows in the UK, I am not saying they shouldn't do a world tour, but it does P&** me off and a Maiden Fan of 35 years that the UK seem to get left behind, and along with all there Merchandise deals (Remember Bruces Quote from Long Beach Arena), put focus back on the fans

If you care to refresh your memories...

Back