The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

The Point I am making is that A UK Tour, more than likely will be at the O2, Arena possibly 3 or 4 nights.
Maiden have always marketed themselves as a British Band, Just like Ozzy, Motorhead, Judas Priest etc etc etc.
When they played in the UK 2 nights at the 02 in 2013, in 2014 they played to 26,913 people, 100% of the ticket allocation, and then again at Knebworth in 2014 that whole 2 yr Maiden England Tour netted under just shy of £49 million.

The Final Frontier tour Circa 2011 they played a number of shows in the UK, I am not saying they shouldn't do a world tour, but it does P&** me off and a Maiden Fan of 35 years that the UK seem to get left behind, and along with all there Merchandise deals (Remember Bruces Quote from Long Beach Arena), put focus back on the fans
If you care to refresh your memories...

I understand, but the point I am making is that this time around, because of Bruce's cancer, their plans had to be reshuffled. Steve has already said they plan to play "most places" in the UK in an interview a few weeks back. However, it's likely they already had their UK-exclusive agreement with Download set up for 2016 when they cancelled the 2015 dates.

I will agree that it does seem like the UK gets left behind on "history" tours, but based on Maiden's track record they would have been touring the UK for the new album in 2015 if it were not for Bruce's illness. I do no think that it is in any way intentional or that they mean to make UK fans feel left out. It does completely suck that there is only one UK show this year, but there is a logical reason behind why it worked out that way.

It's from issue 180 of Powerplay mag- unfortunately I don't have the scan, but the quote has been taken from the official "TBOS tour rumored/confirmed/speculation thread" on the IMFC board:

"We've started putting things in motion. It takes time to get these things together, so we don't want to rush it. We'll be playing most places in the UK, but obviously I can't say anything about the dates. It all depends on how Bruce is feeling."

Hmmm..... I don't know what to say on Maiden's UK tour really.

On one hand, even if Maiden tour properly in the UK in 2017, that will not excuse the lack of a tour in the UK this year (yet another year!)

But on the other hand, at least they are playing Download (I won't be going, but that is my choice).

Who remembers the complete snub on the Ed Hunter tour in 1999? Bruce and Adrian re-join and not a single gig in the UK for possibly their best setlist and most important tour ever! I heard a phone-in radio interview for that tour and Bruce was asked if they were playing the UK and he sharply replied "no" and moved on to the next caller. No reasons given....but I felt as if it was personal to UK fans for a perceived lack of support in the 90s.

It's from issue 180 of Powerplay mag- unfortunately I don't have the scan, but the quote has been taken from the official "TBOS tour rumored/confirmed/speculation thread" on the IMFC board:

"We've started putting things in motion. It takes time to get these things together, so we don't want to rush it. We'll be playing most places in the UK, but obviously I can't say anything about the dates. It all depends on how Bruce is feeling."
Thanks, don't think that's been discussed here. Also...
I understand, but the point I am making is that this time around, because of Bruce's cancer, their plans had to be reshuffled. Steve has already said they plan to play "most places" in the UK in an interview a few weeks back. However, it's likely they already had their UK-exclusive agreement with Download set up for 2016 when they cancelled the 2015 dates.

I will agree that it does seem like the UK gets left behind on "history" tours, but based on Maiden's track record they would have been touring the UK for the new album in 2015 if it were not for Bruce's illness. I do no think that it is in any way intentional or that they mean to make UK fans feel left out. It does completely suck that there is only one UK show this year, but there is a logical reason behind why it worked out that way.
... stop talking so much sense.

I'll stick by my original theory, which is a five date UK tour.

Ah, found it...
The latest I've heard on the grapevine for the UK is an arena tour taking in Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff and London, plus Download festival, with dates being announced very soon. I don't know how the person in question knows this, but he sounds extremely confident in this prediction.
Brigantiumm, Oct 12, 2015

"Very soon" is a subjective term. If they were going to be announced "very soon" in October then I'm sure they'd have been announced by now.

Which means it's later, rather than sooner. Again, it could all be completely wrong of course. Or it could be early 2017.

the band are getting old and tired. The UK is the size of the state of Florida by itself. I'm not bashing the UK but it seems odd for them to go all over a tiny area like they did 20+ years ago when they had more energy and less dedication to other things like family and such. I see the point of anger from them only doing a festival. That does suck. They should do smaller venues for the hardcore fans.. Most of the band don't live there anymore. Steve is in the Bahamas now, Dave is in Hawaii, Nicko in Florida, not sure about Janick, Bruce or Adrian but I presume they are somewhere in the UK. They tour certain areas hard during different tours. They had not played the southeast USA like they did in 2012 since the early 90s... I never saw so many shows in short distance in the states like that in a LONG time. AMOLAD and TFF had scarce shows and I had to go almost 2000 miles to see them for AMOLAD. The history tours seem to have more shows for some interesting reason as I've noticed. The USA got almost nothing during AMOLAD or Dance of Death. :(

The band will soon start rehearsing and determining a setlist. Despite Bruce's talk of not playing Empire of the Clouds I see it as the opener of the encore.

For starters, Bruce may just have been modest when talking about not playing his masterpiece. Secondary, Maiden's Christmas message contained the main riff from the song. Thirdly, the band recorded The Book Of Souls live in the studio which means they know they can perform this song live. Five, diehard fans will love hearing the song even if the "Play Classics" crowd nod off or leave...and the blow up airship will retain everyone's attention. 6, Michael Kinney is an exceptional pianist.

I would love to hear this song live.

I think you are being optimistic.

TEOTC was the one song on the album that had to be recorded in lots of separate parts and then stitched together.....so it was not 'live' in real terms. And seeing the hash that Maiden made of Paschendale live on the initial Final Frontier tour, and then dropping it, I would be surprised if they attempt TEOTC.

I hope you are correct though! ;)

Back