The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Just had a random thought, speaking of video shots...

I think it would be cool as hell to enjoy a pro shot Iron Maiden concert video in 4K/UHD. One could wish, at least haha

Death on the Road is still better than the split-screen of En Vivo. I mean, you're the director - choose a shot dammit!

Death on the Road is still better than the split-screen of En Vivo. I mean, you're the director - choose a shot dammit!

I'm not saying that DOTR is a bad show, on the contrary; but in comparison to En Vivo it's got inferior audio/video production, inferior mix, lesser vocal performance, not to mention the crowd. And split screen stuff on En Vivo isn't as frequent as DOTR epilepsy inducing frame switches.

Hmm I just noticed something:

On the upcoming tour, Maiden hardly does gigs on 2 (or more) days in a row. Only occasions:

3 March Mexico City
4 March Mexico City

5 April Detroit
6 April Chicago

10 April Vancouver
11 April Tacoma

(The trend already started in 2014. A small tour, and 4 of such occasions)

On the upcoming tour, Maiden hardly does gigs on 2 (or more) days in a row. Only occasions:

3 March Mexico City
4 March Mexico City

5 April Detroit
6 April Chicago

10 April Vancouver
11 April Tacoma

Well bearing in mind their respective ages and Bruce's recent health problems it's not surprising really. I'm well into my fifties now and I would struggle to attend two gigs in a row, let alone get up there and perform on stage for nearly 2 hours!

3 March Mexico City
4 March Mexico City

5 April Detroit
6 April Chicago

10 April Vancouver
11 April Tacoma

Yeah this is quite interesting, I suppose it is perhaps a necessary step now that the guys are getting older (and of course considering Bruce's health issues as Hermod mentioned) for them to be able to continue doing extensive tours over long periods of time, no wonder when you think how burnt out they all after the World Slavery Tour (187 shows in 331 days) even as young men at the time.

Yeah this is quite interesting, I suppose it is perhaps a necessary step now that the guys are getting older (and of course considering Bruce's health issues as Hermod mentioned) for them to be able to continue doing extensive tours over long periods of time, no wonder when you think how burnt out they all after the World Slavery Tour (187 shows in 331 days) even as young men at the time.
This, and the fact that Maiden can afford to do this, taking more day offs. They are not a new band or a medium popular band that have to play 5-6 shows a week on tour in order to go break even.

So its a win-win situation; the band get more time to activities they enjoy, Steve can play more football matches, Dave and Nicko play golf, sightseeing etc, and the fans get a happy and healthy band that sounds great at every show during the tour, and thats very important if they plan to play live for two years :)

My summer is sorted, Moscow, Sopron, Wroclaw and Prague. See Sabbath in Vienna, take train to Sopron 1 hour away. Ticket prices are bit weird about $150 for Moscow / Wroclaw, $45 for Prague / Sopron though latter 2 are outdoor. Not complaining, they just need to confirm Shanghai, where i live, and we are all set.

Got sent through my Maiden fan club package for joining, very impressed with that. Lot better than Def Leppard's concert club who say they will hopefully send stuff before the end of the year. Maiden 1 Leppard 0.

Ive a ticket for leppard in belfast next week. Leppard 1 (wan) Maiden 1(wan). Ive heard leppards new album and ibe also heard maidens new album. Maiden 6 leppard 1

Enjoy Leppard and Whitesnake in Belfast, wish i could be there. Saw Lepps 3 times this year they put on a fantastic show. The new Leppard album is excellent.

Maiden and Leppard have they ever played a festival on the same day? Would be dying and going to heaven that one for me! Leppard apparently playing some Euro gigs in 2016, so would be great addition to a festival with Maiden headlining.

And Judas Priest...

I think it was explained on the Early Days DVD...there was a stage at each end of the concert hall and when one band finished the nex band would go on and the crowd just had to turn around.

Three dates in Italy!

July 22 - Milan, Mediolanum Forum
July 24 - Rome, Rock In Rome Sonisphere
July 26 - Trieste, Piazza dell’Unita D’Italia

Wow!!! Piazza dell'Unita' is the main square in Trieste, where I went to university! I can't believe they're gonna play there, that's so awesome!

Have a look:
piazza_unita_aerial_view.jpg

Back