The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Anyway does somebody have any information when the rehearsals start... I know that Nicko was at NAMM this weekend so they haven't yet.

Alright. So after all this spoiler discussion, I would like to ask you guys:

If the China setlist is confirmed, isn't it disappointing that the "rare" track Bruce talked about is Children of the Damned? I know we should always NOT expect big surprises on Maiden setlist, but I was expecting something a bit rarer like Flight of Icarus, Infinite Dreams or Sea of Madness. Man, why do they have to be soooooo conservative on the setlist? Compare the setlist to TFF world tour (En Vivo) and it's almost the same, with the exception of the TFF/TBOS songs, ofc.

En Vivo has a great setlist. The show passes the 1 hour mark with only two 'classics' played (2MTM/Trooper).
Apart from TFF songs, it's got the best live version of both DoD and Blood Brothers.

En Vivo has a great setlist. The show passes the 1 hour mark with only two 'classics' played (2MTM/Trooper).
Apart from TFF songs, it's got the best live version of both DoD and Blood Brothers.

Two classics?

2 Minutes to Midnight, The Trooper, The Evil That Men Do, Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Running Free. All of them can be considered "more of the same". And if the chinese rumor is true, we will get almost all of them again.

If the China setlist is confirmed, isn't it disappointing that the "rare" track Bruce talked about is Children of the Damned? I know we should always NOT expect big surprises on Maiden setlist, but I was expecting something a bit rarer like Flight of Icarus, Infinite Dreams or Sea of Madness. Man, why do they have to be soooooo conservative on the setlist? Compare the setlist to TFF world tour (En Vivo) and it's almost the same, with the exception of the TFF/TBOS songs, ofc.
In terms of 'rare', yeah, it's kind of disappointing. In terms of it being played - hell no. Wonderful track, I always thought it should be player more often. The absence of AMOLAD material is disappointing, but maybe BB and WY indeed replace something controversial for the Chinese (Brighter Than a Thousand Suns?). Anyway, the most important thing is that 6 new songs are played. Given that the leak is true...

Two classics?

2 Minutes to Midnight, The Trooper, The Evil That Men Do, Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Running Free. All of them can be considered "more of the same". And if the chinese rumor is true, we will get almost all of them again.
He meant there were only two classics in the first hour of the show.

I find myself wondering what songs the Chinese would ban. Certainly Brighter Than a Thousand Suns and 2 Minutes to Midnight are on that list. For the Greater Good of God, perhaps, as well (though I doubt that one will be making any returns).

Those 16 songs are 1h and 45 minutes of music. Add a couple of rants by Bruce and short breaks between songs, that will end up being close to two hours. For a group of 60 years olds who will be on tour from late february to august non-stop, that's a long setlist. And with many hard songs to sing. Wonder if those 16 songs are rehearsed songs, and that they might play 14 or 15 of them..

In terms of 'rare', yeah, it's kind of disappointing. In terms of it being played - hell no. Wonderful track, I always thought it should be player more often. The absence of AMOLAD material is disappointing, but maybe BB and WY indeed replace something controversial for the Chinese (Brighter Than a Thousand Suns?). Anyway, the most important thing is that 6 new songs are played. Given that the leak is true...

He meant there were only two classics in the first hour of the show.

Ye, my bad. I don't see how it's relevant, though. It's still a setlist with more of the same with the exception of TFF songs. Alright, it was cool to see Blood Brothers, Dance of Death and The Wicker Man being played after almost 10 years. My complaint is if this chinese rumor is true: we will get essentially more of the same, with the exception of Children of the Damned (which was played in 2007/2008, anyway).

I find myself wondering what songs the Chinese would ban. Certainly Brighter Than a Thousand Suns and 2 Minutes to Midnight are on that list. For the Greater Good of God, perhaps, as well (though I doubt that one will be making any returns).

These Colours Don't Run would be banned, as well. Yeah, I think we have an AMOLAD song that was banned and Blood Brothers replaced it. Maybe TROBB would also be banned? I will be happy with any AMOLAD song, anyway.

Ye, my bad. I don't see how it's relevant, though. It's still a setlist with more of the same with the exception of TFF songs. Alright, it was cool to see Blood Brothers, Dance of Death and The Wicker Man being played after almost 10 years. My complaint is if this chinese rumor is true: we will get essentially more of the same, with the exception of Children of the Damned (which was played in 2007/2008, anyway).

It's relevant because it was a nice surprise to see bulk of setlist composed from 21st century songs, consider also 1st leg of the tour before album came out.
Now they say we've got a rear song and they play Children Of The Damned which was played in 2002, 2007, 2009. It's as rare as Brave New World.

It's relevant because it was a nice surprise to see bulk of setlist composed from 21st century songs, consider also 1st leg of the tour before album came out.
Now they say we've got a rear song and they play Children Of The Damned which was played in 2002, 2007, 2009. It's as rare as Brave New World.
Let's have a look...

COTD was played at 3 gigs in 2002, 11 gigs in 07 and 22 gigs in 09. 35 gigs and 22 countries.

BNW was played at 81 gigs in 2000/01/02, 102 gigs in 03/04 and 36 gigs in 2010. 219 gigs and 32 countries.

The number might be not 100% accurate. Some shows was cancelled, so the number of gigs and/or countries might be lower.

Ok, fair enough. Comparison to BNW.
Still, I don't consider anything played post 2000- rare. A rare live song, in my book, has been witnessed live by only one generation.

I am fine without Blood Brothers .. good enough song. Probably better live than on the album. But many better choices from BNW-on of similar length

I really want to hear The Thin Line Between Love and Hate, but that is never going to happen.

I'll be happy with any post reunion material, I've only heard 80's material live (barring the obligatory 90's track). But I am hoping that the China setlist isn't representive of the whole tour as I really want to hear some AMOLAD stuff!

:)

I'm content with the leaked songs, pretty much what I was expecting. I haven't seen them do COD so I'm looking forward to that. Blood Brothers will be a bathroom break/merch buying time for me.

I liked this setlist. Six new songs, that's great! I thought they would play only 4 like Bruce said. My only complaint is the lack of AMOLAD songs, but there's hope. Like already mentioned, AMOLAD songs may be the ones censured by the chinese, but will be played on the others shows of the tour. Anyway, I'm not the best person to talk about setlists, because it's my first show so anything they play will be great for me!

Back