The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

So we're inferring from a comment that Nicko has dropped that Bruce "said in December he knows the setlist"? Did Bruce say he knows the setlist in December or not? Other than this, of course it makes sense that they all know the songs they're going to run through before they all get together.
So why would they submit it? And if they had to, & it changes (after rehearsal), what then? They play something else & hope the Chinese don't notice before the second gig?
I don't know, maybe the Chinese gov't put pressure on them to submit the songs before announcing the gigs. I'm sure the Maiden camp are not too happy about it, but it may be the only viable way for them to ensure the gigs can go on sale.

At least this way, if the set does end up changing a bit if worst comes to worst they'd only have to drop a couple tunes in China or swap them out. Better than pulling a Megadeth- playing mostly instrumentals and then calling it quits after less than an hour.

I don't disagree with what you're saying; I'm just sceptical as to the authenticity of this supposed leak.

This setlist leak is presenting the idea that Maiden...
... won't open with a track from BoS...
... but the two tracks everyone has predicted Maiden will likely open with (from BoS)...
... are in the set!
This doesn't seem likely.

Did Megadeth play instrumentals, interesting; I wondered why Walking on Glass was on there... :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't disagree with what you're saying; I'm just sceptical as to the authenticity of this supposed leak.

... but the two tracks everyone has predicted Maiden will likely open with (from BoS)...
... are in the set!

Did Megadeth play instrumentals, interesting; I wondered why Walking on Glass was on there... :innocent:
Haaaa... :P I'm staying spoiler free. Maybe the songs are out of order?

This has been argued above. Why would Maiden present a setlist with the tracks in some random order? The Chinese don't give a fuck about what order the songs are played in surely?
Haaaa... :p I'm staying spoiler free. Maybe the songs are out of order?
Also, just read what I wrote in spoilers Lego; I don't even name names. I just don't want to get my ass banned! ;)

Apparently he said that in an interview in Sarajevo. He knew the songs they would be rehearsing. If he did know that in december, they could tell the chinese which songs they would play so the gig could go through the approval process. They were approved december 31th, and the gigs announced not long after. It adds up. And all of the songs Bruce has hinted towards are in it, he hinted to a Dave-song being played and he said they were doing a rare track. Check, check and check.

Apparently he said that in an interview in Sarajevo.
Okay, that's not confirmation; that's an apparently.
He knew the songs they would be rehearsing.
I'm sure they'll all know before rehearsal. Nothing odd there.
If he did know that in december, they could tell the chinese which songs they would play so the gig could go through the approval process.
But surely the Chinese are going to hold them to that setlist? What if they go into rehearsals & need to change it up?
They were approved december 31th...
The 31st? How do you know this?
It adds up.
Don't you think a fan could have added it up?
And all of the songs Bruce has hinted towards are in it, he hinted to a Dave-song being played and he said they were doing a rare track. Check, check and check.
Really? He said they'd play six songs from BoS? He said they'd play an old Dave song? Also, what's the rare track?

It would be pretty easy to see this playing out in the way you describe & throw that setlist out there. Yes/no? The China gigs were confirmed over ten days ago officially; someone's had a while to think about this & throw this setlist out there. I don't think that's that difficult to imagine.

Apparently he said that in an interview in Sarajevo. He knew the songs they would be rehearsing. If he did know that in december, they could tell the chinese which songs they would play so the gig could go through the approval process. They were approved december 31th, and the gigs announced not long after. It adds up. And all of the songs Bruce has hinted towards are in it, he hinted to a Dave-song being played and he said they were doing a rare track. Check, check and check.
A Dave song and a rare track?!

This next month is going to be a serious test of my willpower!!!

Seriously Lego, it's nothing that hasn't been discussed/speculated already. Plus, it's probably bullshit.
I'm still not going to look, just in case. It would be so easy to fake, but the fact that it got yanked from the FC forum so quickly has me suspicious it might be legit.

I went spoiler-free in 2012, but looking back through the threads on the IMFC when the setlist was leaked it's amazing how many people insisted it was fake. No Hallowed? Afraid to Shoot Strangers? Impossible! ;)

And all of the songs Bruce has hinted towards are in it, he hinted to a Dave-song being played and he said they were doing a rare track. Check, check and check.
WARNING SETLIST LEAK REVEALED:

1. Man of Sorrows (Dave song CHECK)
2: The Angel and the Gambler Extended Remix (Rare song CHECK)
3: Iron Maiden
4: Not Two Minutes to Midnight (Not 2MTM CHECK)
5: Hallowed Be Thy Name

... are in the set!

@CriedWhenBrucieLeft
It was reported that there was some trouble with organising the Chinse concerts. Looking this set it could have something to do with two original songs that the band intended to play, but were censored on the first submission. That is why there were 2 new songs added to the setlist and are placed awkwardly. I'm assuming that 1 classic song and 1 reunion era song were censored and they replaced them with two songs that shouldn't cause any problems. They are the first two on the set simply because they submitted them later as replacements.

@CriedWhenBrucieLeft
It was reported that there was some trouble with organising the Chinse concerts. Looking this set it could have something to do with two original songs that the band intended to play, but were censored on the first submission. That is why there were 2 new songs added to the setlist and are placed awkwardly. I'm assuming that 1 classic song and 1 reunion era song were censored and they replaced them with two songs that shouldn't cause any problems. They are the first two on the set simply because they submitted them later as replacements.
That's a very good point. I haven't/won't look so I can't comment on specifics, but I REALLY hope they don't let Chinese censorship affect the rest of the tour setlist. Maiden have always done things on their own terms, and I hope they are able to present the setlist to the rest of the world exactly as they originally intended it. At least if it's only two songs it shouldn't be that big a deal to swap them out for the rest of the shows.

That's a very good point. I haven't/won't look so I can't comment on specifics, but I REALLY hope they don't let Chinese censorship affect the rest of the tour setlist. Maiden have always done things on their own terms, and I hope they are able to present the setlist to the rest of the world exactly as they originally intended it. At least if it's only two songs it shouldn't be that big a deal to swap them out for the rest of the shows.

I think the newly added "classic" song is better than the censored "classic" (I'm assuming it is one of two I listed on previous page in spoilers) .

If that setlist is true, that run from Children-BNW-TBoS is going to be the greatest moment of my life!

Placing the two songs that are "offset" in the likely right positions, the set will probably look something like this:
1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed Of Light
3. Children Of The Damned
4. Brave New World
5. The Book Of Souls
6. The Trooper
7. Blood Brothers
8. The Red And The Black
9. Death Or Glory
10. The Wicker Man
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
-----------------------
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Tears Of A Clown
16. Wasted Years

Since this is more or less what I expected, I don't have trouble believing it's real.

I was hoping for
more AMOLAD and/or TFF, but that was foolish anyway, so... But the selections off TBOS are the ones I expected.

Back