The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Since this is more or less what I expected, I don't have trouble believing it's real.

I was hoping for
more AMOLAD and/or TFF, but that was foolish anyway, so... But the selections off TBOS are the ones I expected.
I think that Blood Brothers was brought in as a replacement for either Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg or These Colours Don't Run since both have some lyrics that could upset the Chinese. So dont't give up your hope yet, they could be played on rest of the shows. Wasted Years was probably brought in for either Sanctuary or Running Free for the same reasons.

Fucking hell what a spoiler. Get the hell out of here please. Even if you would deny it is on the list, that would be a spoiler as well. Thank you for nothing.

I understand that we cannot trust that list (as being the final, definite setlist) but it really could be (the basis of) the songs that are under rehearsal. The particular song you've mentioned... well, a bigger spoiler isn't imaginable, especially because
it was said several times that it would not be played! Even the band would probably want to surprise us... you just took away that pleasure.

(mod edit: quote of deleted post with possible spoiler removed.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fucking hell what a spoiler. Get the hell out of here please. Even if you would deny it is on the list, that would be a spoiler as well. Thank you for nothing.

I understand that we cannot trust that list (as being the final, definite setlist) but it really could be (the basis of) the songs that are under rehearsal. The particular song you've mentioned... well, a bigger spoiler isn't imaginable, especially because
it was said several times that it would not be played!
I'll delete my post. I thought it was harmless, because of what you say in your spoiler..

Maybe I have over reacted. But maybe not. Seriously. Anyway... I reported the post to the mods because I would like them to have an opinion on this matter.

Should people be warned for visiting this topic? Should people strictly use spoilers in matters that have to with the upcoming tour? We can't prove it is real, but also we can't prove it is fake. So, really, to prevent the slightest risk of disappointment, I'd use spoiler tags all the time, and certainly in matters as these. But I rather have the mods have a say on it as well.

So, really, to prevent the slightest risk of disappointment, I'd use spoiler tags all the time, and certainly in matters as these.
Fair enough. Maybe you could edit or delete your post where you quoted my spoiler/non-spoiler?

Placing the two songs that are "offset" in the likely right positions, the set will probably look something like this:
1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed Of Light
3. Children Of The Damned
4. Brave New World
5. The Book Of Souls
6. The Trooper
7. Blood Brothers
8. The Red And The Black
9. Death Or Glory
10. The Wicker Man
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
-----------------------
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Tears Of A Clown
16. Wasted Years
That looks totally plausible, matic22. Still curious as to what they're going to do if some of that doesn't work in rehearsals. And if the US dates see a different setlist, are they really just going to drop a couple of totally unplayed songs into the set & this is going to work? Maiden have never done anything like this before, I'm just curious.
Since this is more or less what I expected, I don't have trouble believing it's real.
I don't recall that many people thinking they'd stretch to six BoS tracks.

Anyway I expect them to rehearse those XX songs plus the two that were censored in China. I also think that
Wasted Years
would be a good show closer and something different. My prediction of other songs rehearsed are
These Colours Don't Run/Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg and Sanctuary/Running Free (Please drop that one and close with WY)

Fixed.

Why are you here reading it then? Everything being said here is speculation & could easily have been in the rumour thread without hiding comments in spoiler tags. This is a maybe leaked, they might play this, this is only for China, bullshit list.

Mods, can we get this sorted now & get either this thread marked as "contains spoilers" or get a designated thread open?

Why are you here reading it then? Everything being said here is speculation & could easily have been in the rumour thread without hiding comments in spoilers. This is a maybe leaked, they might play this, this is only for China, bullshit list.

Mods, can we get this sorted now & get either this thread marked as "contains spoilers" or get a designated thread open?
+1

This subforum is not my area of jurisdiction :p I do think the setlist is genuine at least for China, since it appears on an official government website. Probably most genuine thing we're gonna get until the shows begin. If I had planned on avoiding the setlist, I would've considered it a big spoiler. On the other hand, I probably would've avoided the whole thread just in case :p

I am interested and excited. But not enough to know the content. Perhaps I should stop reading now, since you guys have made several dumb mistakes and because I don't have the idea everybody is taking this concern very seriously.

Anyway I expect them to rehearse those XX songs plus the two that were censored in China. I also think that
Wasted Years
would be a good show closer and something different. My prediction of other songs rehearsed are
These Colours Don't Run/Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg and Sanctuary/Running Free (Please drop that one and close with WY)

Fixed.

I agree with you, man. You know, I will be happy if they play
These Colours Don't Run or Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg.
On the other hand, if they play
Sanctuary/Running Free again,
I will be disappointed.

It is going to be a fine setlist, yes. It's Maiden. Anything they play, I'm going to have fun. However, let's be honest: more of the same and no real rare track. Compare it to En Vivo and it's basically more of the same.

I have insider confirmation that the band will be playing an extended version of The Angel and the Gambler with a Romani orchestra.

I am interested and excited. But not enough to know the content. Perhaps I should stop reading now, since you guys have made several dumb mistakes and because I don't have the idea everybody is taking this concern very seriously.
Dumb?! Did you just call Cried speak, dumb? :p
I have insider confirmation that the band will be playing an extended version of The Angel and the Gambler with a Romani orchestra.
Be serious, Flash. We all know the Chinese are going to be treated to a three guitar version of Walking on Glass...

28985116c7b9eb451cc138eea917e5bc4814e5f60739da9bcb7916701886a91f.jpg

Back