THE FUTURE PAST TOUR - The Setlist Contest! WINNERS: blackie2380, MrKnickerbocker & Collin

Caught Somewhere in Time
Sea of Madness
Stranger in a Strange Land
Wasted Years
Alexander the Great

Senjutsu - feat Samurai walking eddie
Writing on the Wall
Days of Future Past
Lost in a Lost World
Hell on Earth

Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden - feat Big balloon cyborg eddie

Number of the Beast
Trooper feat. Trooper walking Eddie
Hallowed Be Thy Name

* I tried to get in the mind of Steve like the movie Being John Malkovich and I thought that they will again divide the set into three chapters just like they did in the first Legacy tour: Somewhere, Senjutsu and Classics. That would be easy for the production - stage changes...
Heaven Can Wait is an obvious choice but I took the risk. If they play that one, then Sea or (unfortunately) Alexander will drop.
I would of course prefer Parchment but it's too long and complicated (Their set is totally usually between 1.35-1.42). If they prefer Parchment, Lost will drop.

1. Caught Somewhere in Time
  2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
  3. The Prisoner
  4. Sea of Madness
  5. Wrathchild
  6. Stranger in a Strange Land
  7. The Evil that men do
  8. The Time Machine. Killers
  9. Senjutsu
  10. Stratego
  11. The Writing on the Wall
  12. The Trooper
  13. Hell on Earth
  14. Iron Maiden
  15. The Number of the Beast
  16. Hallowed be thy name
  17. Wasted Years
Edited: I don’t think they’re gonna play The Time Machine so I’ll go for Killers instead :lol:
You forgot to include Alexander the Great. :nonono: Yes, they will play it.

Not nearly as helpful with hints as the 2017 LOTB teaser.
I think one must take this with a grain of salt. A good example is the 2018 European leg of the LOTB tour poster. While some of the easter eggs where really cryptic others were blatant and those songs were never played. And there were some tracks that were indeed part of the setlist that I can't spot.

lotb.jpg

The songs written at bold are the ones I think are represented in a blatant fashion:
1) A winged figure in black with a robe? The Fallen Angel, maybe.
2) A close up of the Union Jack? It's pretty vague.
3) Once again Piece Of Mind's cover may stand for at least 9 songs.
4) This one is a bit vague too. But I think the scroll and locked gate can work for Revelations but I think this one's about Hallowed Be Thy Name (although IMO an hanging rope would be much more appropriate).
5) Some may point out BTATS but I think this one's blatant: Two Minutes To Midnight.
6) SSOASS's cover can work out for at least 8 songs.
7) A blacksmith? This one gets me puzzled. There are so many songs about swords and medieval battles...
8) It looks like our friend the ugly doggy from Dance Of Death's cover. Perhaps the title track?
9) At last we enter a spree of easy ones: this one's Sign Of The Cross.
10) Snowflakes? Everything points out to Where Eagles Dare.
11) Fish? Rime Of The Ancient Mariner almost for sure (although an albatross would be more fitting). Anyways not played.
12) A light switch in the dark? Fear Of The Dark.
13) This fetus really resembles the one in SSOASS crystal ball and for me this is a blatant reference to Moonchild (not played).
14) A bottle of what? If it is whisky it may be a weak reference to Run To The Hills. If it's beer it's one of various references to The Trooper.
15) Three sixes? Easy: The Number Of The Beast.
16) What is this? A wheel? A poorly designed airplane plane propeller? If it's the latter I think one may attribute it to Aces High but this is nowhere close of the shape of a Spitfire's front view. I really don't know.
17) A snake's eye? Easy: Be Quick Or Be Dead (not played).
18) A pair of compasses somewhat suggests Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son's illustration (not played). Other than that I really don't know.
19) This one looks like a ghostly hand holding a human hand. It gives me some Heaven Can Wait vibes.
20) A Sphinx like detail of Powerslave's cover: Powerslave (not played).
21) Once again the Union Jack... It can work out for so many songs but The Trooper is the most obvious one
22) The Trooper cover... duh.
23) Once again I'm strongly inclined for The Trooper on this one.
24) I know it resembles more a mosquito but IMO this one's for Lord Of The Flies (not played).
25) Scottish flag: The Clansman.
26) Anything Somewhere In Time related but they didn't play a single tune from that album.
27) Easy: Flight Of Icarus.
28) 5 drops of blood and a shack? Blood Brothers most likely (not played until 2022).
Finally two easy to spot references now that the show visuals are known: Eddie in the centre for Iron Maiden and the stained glass church work for Revelations.

So at least seven songs that weren't played but are represented in the poster. Plus I can't spot The Wicker Man, For The Greater Good Of God and Aces High, Run To The Hills and The Evil That Men do are far fetched interpretations of some motives.

That being said, although being more in the spirit of the following LOTB posters (that were much more assertive in regards of the setlists) it's also possible the easter eggs on TFPT promo may not represent exactly the songs that are being played.

01. Futureal
02. Days of Future Past
02. Deja Vu
03. Writing on the Wall
04. The Time Machine
05. Heaven Can Wait
07. Stranger in A Strange Land
08. The Parchment
09. Hell On Earth
10. Trooper
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden

13. Alexander the Great
14. Run to the Hills
15. Wasted Years

01. Futureal
02. Days of Future Past
02. Deja Vu
03. Writing on the Wall
04. The Time Machine
05. Heaven Can Wait
08. The Parchment
09. Hell On Earth
10. Trooper
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden

13. Alexander the Great
14. Run to the Hills
15. Wasted Years
This is a great (hypothetical) show.

01. Futureal
02. Days of Future Past
02. Deja Vu
03. Writing on the Wall
04. The Time Machine
05. Heaven Can Wait
08. The Parchment
09. Hell On Earth
10. Trooper
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden

13. Alexander the Great
14. Run to the Hills
15. Wasted Years
This is an amazing set. Would switch RTTH for Hallowed, but that's it.

and I thought that they will again divide the set into three chapters just like they did in the first Legacy tour: Somewhere, Senjutsu and Classics. That would be easy for the production - stage changes...
I don't think this tour will have different stage sets/realms like LOTB.
I think the end of hell on Earth could be linked with the Alexander the Great intro. It could works very good
Great idea.
You’re right. In fact this tour is because that song.
It's because of the SIT album.
I think one must take this with a grain of salt. A good example is the 2018 European leg of the LOTB tour poster. While some of the easter eggs where really cryptic others were blatant and those songs were never played. And there were some tracks that were indeed part of the setlist that I can't spot.

View attachment 22836

The songs written at bold are the ones I think are represented in a blatant fashion:
1) A winged figure in black with a robe? The Fallen Angel, maybe.
2) A close up of the Union Jack? It's pretty vague.
3) Once again Piece Of Mind's cover may stand for at least 9 songs.
4) This one is a bit vague too. But I think the scroll and locked gate can work for Revelations but I think this one's about Hallowed Be Thy Name (although IMO an hanging rope would be much more appropriate).
5) Some may point out BTATS but I think this one's blatant: Two Minutes To Midnight.
6) SSOASS's cover can work out for at least 8 songs.
7) A blacksmith? This one gets me puzzled. There are so many songs about swords and medieval battles...
8) It looks like our friend the ugly doggy from Dance Of Death's cover. Perhaps the title track?
9) At last we enter a spree of easy ones: this one's Sign Of The Cross.
10) Snowflakes? Everything points out to Where Eagles Dare.
11) Fish? Rime Of The Ancient Mariner almost for sure (although an albatross would be more fitting). Anyways not played.
12) A light switch in the dark? Fear Of The Dark.
13) This fetus really resembles the one in SSOASS crystal ball and for me this is a blatant reference to Moonchild (not played).
14) A bottle of what? If it is whisky it may be a weak reference to Run To The Hills. If it's beer it's one of various references to The Trooper.
15) Three sixes? Easy: The Number Of The Beast.
16) What is this? A wheel? A poorly designed airplane plane propeller? If it's the latter I think one may attribute it to Aces High but this is nowhere close of the shape of a Spitfire's front view. I really don't know.
17) A snake's eye? Easy: Be Quick Or Be Dead (not played).
18) A pair of compasses somewhat suggests Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son's illustration (not played). Other than that I really don't know.
19) This one looks like a ghostly hand holding a human hand. It gives me some Heaven Can Wait vibes.
20) A Sphinx like detail of Powerslave's cover: Powerslave (not played).
21) Once again the Union Jack... It can work out for so many songs but The Trooper is the most obvious one
22) The Trooper cover... duh.
23) Once again I'm strongly inclined for The Trooper on this one.
24) I know it resembles more a mosquito but IMO this one's for Lord Of The Flies (not played).
25) Scottish flag: The Clansman.
26) Anything Somewhere In Time related but they didn't play a single tune from that album.
27) Easy: Flight Of Icarus.
28) 5 drops of blood and a shack? Blood Brothers most likely (not played until 2022).
Finally two easy to spot references now that the show visuals are known: Eddie in the centre for Iron Maiden and the stained glass church work for Revelations.

So at least seven songs that weren't played but are represented in the poster. Plus I can't spot The Wicker Man, For The Greater Good Of God and Aces High, Run To The Hills and The Evil That Men do are far fetched interpretations of some motives.

That being said, although being more in the spirit of the following LOTB posters (that were much more assertive in regards of the setlists) it's also possible the easter eggs on TFPT promo may not represent exactly the songs that are being played.
The Wicker Man and Hallowed Be Thy Name were not part of the hints in this tour poster. For the rest - check here.

TFP tour pormo video confirms at least 3 songs - SIASL, TWOTW, Trooper. And maybe the stage set they will use or CSIT.

1.Futureal
2. Days of Future Past
3. Stranger in a Strange Land
4. Sea of Madness
5. The Writing on the Wall
6. The Parchment
7. Wasted Years
8. The Time Machine
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Brave New World (I'd be more hyped for this than ATG)
11. Killers
12. Hell on Earth
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

15. Alexander the Great
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Run to the Hills

I don't know whether Maiden would be this adventurous, but you never know.

1.Futureal
2. Days of Future Past
3. Stranger in a Strange Land
4. Sea of Madness
5. The Writing on the Wall
6. The Parchment
7. Wasted Years
8. The Time Machine
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Brave New World (I'd be more hyped for this than ATG)
11. Killers
12. Hell on Earth
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

15. Alexander the Great
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Run to the Hills

I don't know whether Maiden would be this adventurous, but you never know.
Minus Killers, that's pretty plausible.

My predictions…

Blade Runner Intro
=
==========================

1. Caught Somewhere In Time
2. Futureal
3. The Writing On The Wall
4. Days of Future Past
5. Heaven Can Wait

6. The Parchment
7. The Trooper
8. The Time Machine
9. Stranger In a Strange Land
10. Hell on Earth
11. Alexander the Great
12. The Number of the Beast
13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
14. Iron Maiden
=====================
15. Fear of the Dark
16. Run to the Hills
17. Wasted Years

Last edited:
I hope they will play 4 songs from SIT and maybe 6 from Senjutsu. I don't think they will play CSIT, too demanding for Nicko and Bruce. So I am gonna risk and say they will start with Senjutsu again. I think out of the three Senjutsu songs we got this year, we will get at least two of them. Since TWOTW got very good reception, I believe that will stay. So if they don't play Senjutsu then they will opt for Stratego during which Samurai Eddie makes appearance. If not then Stratego is replaced by Days of Future Past. Hell on Earth is certain, you just cannot leave that one out. Time Machine with it's middle part should also be mandatory live. Parchment is fantastic song, but do they have enough space for it, I hope so. During Book of Souls tour they also had several epics on the setlist (Red and Black, Book of Souls, Powerslave etc). Wasted and Heaven are easy songs to relearn and play, so they are in. And Stranger and Alexander are the reason this tour is happening. And then 5 classics to please casual fans and there you have it. Perfect blend of Senjutsu, SIT and classics, something for everyone.

1. Senjutsu (Walking Samurai Eddie)
2. The Days Of Future Past
3. The Writing On The Wall
4. Heaven Can Wait
5. The Parchment
6. The Trooper
7. The Time Machine
8. Stranger In A Strange Land (walking Cyborg Eddie)
9. Hell On Earth
10. The Number Of The Beast
11. Fear Of The Dark
12. Iron Maiden

13. Alexander The Great
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Wasted Years

Sure why not, this is a setlist I would be reasonably happy with as well as one that I think is realistically possible.

1. Blade Runner into Caught Somewhere In Time
2. Sea of Madness
3. Days of Future Past
4. The Writing on the Wall
5. The Time Machine
6. Phantom of the Opera
7. Heaven Can Wait
8. Children of the Damned
9. Stranger in a Strange Land
10. The Parchment
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden
——————————————
13. The Number of the Beast
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Wasted Years

A couple thoughts I had as I was making this. Going over the possible song selection and trying to work in “plus other other classic cuts” has me convinced of a few things. For one, not playing Alexander the Great doesn’t seem that outrageous with this setlist. You have two songs that haven’t been played since the 80s, one that hasn’t been played since 1999, and a bunch of debuts of new songs. That should be enough to make any reasonable person happy. I am also struggling to see them doing five songs per album. Right now I have 5 from Somewhere in Time and 4 from Senjutsu, I could easily go the other way though and swap Sea of Madness for either Stratego or another unplayed song. Not sure which is more likely, this set seems light on Senjutsu stuff but also keep in mind three of those songs are past 7 minutes. I think you’re going to get two songs from neither album sprinkled in, Phantom and Children of the Damned seem like two go to’s for classics that don’t get played every tour.

Edit: By the way, where are we getting that Hell on Earth is definitely going to be in? Is there a quote from a band member talking about playing it or something in a teaser (not a cryptic clue from the poster please)? I see it as the least likely of those three Harris epics to get played, although I really want to hear all three. Gives me big Thin Line Between Love and Hate vibes unfortunately.

Back