Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough guys. I've had my fair share of arguing about Steve's "recent" epics. It is a matter of opinion after all. However I think that he has lost his touch in the structuring/ repetition area as his ideas are quite good still.

There are some cases where his songs seem scattered, The Red and the Black being a fine example. Personally I think he delivers more often than not, but I like him best when collaborating with other members.

@Mosh ; Well, since people let him structure their ideas I kind of know that he would still end up arranging songs as if they were his. I mean book of souls - the song- is filled with great music ideas by Jan but again Steve manages to blow it by making it take up tp 5+ minutes in order for it to take off. Same thing with Dream of mirrors. Great ideas, great melodies and yet again he stretched to 9 over repetitive structure. Anyhow, this is just how I feel about it. I got quite a bit of hate in here about that. :)

@Mosh ; Well, since people let him structure their ideas I kind of know that he would still end up arranging songs as if they were his. I mean book of souls - the song- is filled with great music ideas by Jan but again Steve manages to blow it by making it take up tp 5+ minutes in order for it to take off. Same thing with Dream of mirrors. Great ideas, great melodies and yet again he stretched to 9 over repetitive structure. Anyhow, this is just how I feel about it. I got quite a bit of hate in here about that. :)
Don't you think he's a saviour...

My understanding was that Steve only wrote the lyrics?

:edmetal:
There are some cases where his songs seem scattered, The Red and the Black being a fine example. Personally I think he delivers more often than not, but I like him best when collaborating with other members.

Thank you for mentioning "the Dread and the :puke:BLECH!" And reminding me that it isn'tmucking up this beautiful set list. Praise god. As long as that train wreck got dumped this tour, and the rumors of Bring your daughter showing up didn't happen also... I'm good. The greater good is a fine epic and I look forward to it next year. (As long as it remains) :okok:

Last edited:
Personally, I adore FTGGOG. In fact, I adore entire AMOLAD.
If there was a song I was really hoping to be on the current setlist that would be it (along with BNW and Caught somewhere in time).

My understanding was that Steve only wrote the lyrics?

I won't be able to find the relevant interview after so long.....I am however 100% sure that Janick's comments on the book of souls song creation went something like....I had the music and the melodies and then Steve came along and he added one more verse and chorus.......
Edit: got it

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new..._valid_now_and_what_we_play_now_is_valid.html

"
You co-wrote "The Book of Souls" with Steve Harris. Can you talk about that writing process?

It can happen any way. You can bring a riff in and Steve might pick up on the riff and take it somewhere else and come back with some vocals. But this particular one, I pretty much had the song pretty much together or most of it anyhow. I just brought it in and he liked it and he had the vocals for it immediately and a melody for the vocal. He put it together that way and then we rearranged it here and there. He wanted a part to be longer so he put the chorus everywhere where originally I think it was only once. That's how it works. He brought in tremendous [lyrics]. He brings these words in that just make you shiver. Mystical. That whole Mayan thing and I love all that. In Mexico, I go to the archeological museum and check it all out."

Last edited:
I won't be able to find the relevant interview after so long.....I am however 100% sure that Janice's comments on the bool of souls went something like....I had the music and the melodies and then Steve csme along and he added one more verse and chorus.......

Who the fuck is Janice? Eddie's wife?

Someone on the Internet posted a picture of the latest Iron Maiden fan club magazine, which reveals all the clues in the LOTB artwork/tour poster... B)

Maybe we will get: HCW, The Clairvoyant and Powerslave for the 2019 leg of the tour :innocent: - at least according to the explanations ! The ''Fish'' clue is interesting :confused:

LOTB tour poster.jpg

Yeah, this kind of proves that they planned to play HCW. It's interesting that they mentioned Powerslave, I would never expect it, since it was on BOS tour. The Clairvoyant is always welcome in the set for me.

What does red herring stand for though?

So that leaves me with the assumption that there are 2 last minute replacement songs:

The Wicker Man and Hallowed.

One replaced HCW (probably The Wicker Man). What was replaced by Hallowed? Nobody will probably ever know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back