The Future Past Tour 2024

Listened 6 songs and Nicky already sounded better than any of last year I´ve heard. Certainly promising for the future. They speeded up the tempo a notch as well.
I'd say Nicko's level in Perth was mid-2023 tour (which is a great sign considering the circumstances). He still went swimming tempo-wise on occasion or two (during some hard fills... But much better than Ljubljana.

Bruce at the end of IM: "Good night from Eddie and the boys (combined age over 400 years)".

Completely out of left field and I have a ton of respect for them doing that.
They are fucking awesome for being this ballsy with their set lists at this stage in their career.
This.
No more “Run to the Hills”, please.
I don't expect RTTH and Aces High (to name the most popular examples) to be played again.
It seems to me that Adrian is experimenting a lot more than usual with solos (see WY and Alexander - I’m not sure if the latter was intentional or a complete mess up with a nice comeback).
Yep, and I like his improvisations, but exactly these two solos are too memorable to be changed.
I'm waiting for conspiracy theories that if he didn't say 'we'll be back' it means it's over.
I really hope that doesn't happen.

Wish they’d do Deja Vu or Sea of Madness, Heaven Can Wait has been overdone. Least they’ve dropped that stupid fan singalong (that you couldn’t hear because none of them had microphones). It’s too high for Bruce now as well.
Well, maybe. At least Wasted Years has been crossing the toe over the overplayed territory line in recent years. No need to play that one after this tour I´d say. HCW was overplayed from its release until 2003, then it has been benched for quite some time and long enough to be actually quite refreshing to hear it return last year. For me either way its ok, play it or retire it. Run To The Hills however does not need a return, thank you and good riddance.

Last edited:
Was the claims from last year that they rehearsed Moonchild false? Remember some claiming they heard it outside the stadium before first gig

Back