The Future Past Tour 2024

The only thing I can find fault with that is not the band's fault and is the crowding. I'm not surprised people don't go crazy when they're crammed together like that. Maybe it's my age, but I've been to a few shows recently and the seats (where we were standing for 90% of the show anyway because the shows were so good) are a godsend, especially if someone like me has a damaged Vestibular system and sometimes has to sit down.

But I must say - after watching +/- 5 songs this seems like one of the smoother tour opening shows that I remember.

I have listened to the clips and after the little longer break they played fine performance with Bruce sounding very good. I can't complain but can't wait to know something more about their plans for 2025.

Adrian gives us a sneak peak into Maiden's rehearsal space.
Cool stuff, Adrian. :)
I think the only changes will be the background graphics on the screens, they will probably mix in some new ones with the ones from last year.
I think this was only done as an exception for the 2022 tour.
Once again, I really love the current tour's stage design.
When do we think we'll get a potential live album from this tour? Early 2025?
Late December, early next year or in March is my guess. It also depends on when they release the documentary. Live release from this tour is a must, right.
Adrian finished CSIT solo like Sanctuary's solo from 1985.
Fingers crossed for nicko performance, this tour will tell us a lot about future.
True.

Man, they are are sounding old.
I wouldn't say that. They still have it. Last year, the best performances were at the end of the tour. Nicko is doing the best he can now and the performances can feel less energetic because of him and the less fills with not good groove. And the crowd wasn't good. There are a couple of songs that Bruce sounds not that involved and HCW is one of them. The others are CIPWM and Wasted Years (should be dropped) imo. That's what I feel.

Last edited:
It seems like H swapped them around again. Also 2MTM guitar is played on DOFP.
Odd. I wonder if it will be a tour regular for this song. Janick is with the new SJ Eddie shirt.
I might be in the minority with this view, but I absolutely love Days of Future Past and I think it ROCKS live. Bruce sounded pretty great on the chorus.
Agreed. Tough chorus for Bruce, written by himself. The setlist works great. I would like every SJ song live.

December, early next year or in March is my guess. It also depends on when they release the documentary. Live release from this tour is a must, right.
I don't care so much about next live album, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release it, but the documentary is something special to me. But finally, we can't be so asured about the release 'til the band announce it officially. Some musicians hinted about, here and there we saw some pics from tv production, but it's still no more than wishful thinking I recon. And I can't understand when Steve and Rod need to be so mysterious. I find it so weird.

In Chief Clancy Wiggum´s voice: "No setlist changes, just as I suspected"

Should be full gig on YouTube in 12 hours, if not, checking about third of a gig worth of individual songs to see how the boys did.

As expected and previously confirmed, no changes.

Still, I adore that they went with such an unorthodox setlist. One third were live premieres (including Alex!), another third the expected classics and the last third deep cuts or classics that used to be staples but haven't been played in ages. It's an absolute feast for die hard fans who don't need to hear RTTH for the millionth time.

Hell, who would've ever expected a setlist that doesn't feature TNOTB, RTTH or HBTN? And the only representative for that album being The Prisoner? Completely out of left field and I have a ton of respect for them doing that.

As expected and previously confirmed, no changes.

Still, I adore that they went with such an unorthodox setlist. One third were live premieres (including Alex!), another third the expected classics and the last third deep cuts or classics that used to be staples but haven't been played in ages. It's an absolute feast for die hard fans who don't need to hear RTTH for the millionth time.

Hell, who would've ever expected a setlist that doesn't feature TNOTB, RTTH or HBTN? And the only representative for that album being The Prisoner? Completely out of left field and I have a ton of respect for them doing that.
Hell yeah! If you told my teenage self that I would have seen Maiden play most of SIT live in my mid-30s, I would have laughed my ass off and called you an idiot. They are fucking awesome for being this ballsy with their set lists at this stage in their career.

Adrian swapped both Jacksons. Looked at the pictures and the main green Jackson indeed now has a different wood grain, so the backup from last year is now the main guitar.

Not the 1st time that happened. He did that in 2005 (backup sunburst strat was the main guitar), 2011 (brief appearance of the original Jackson) and partly 2016 where a Seymour Duncan JB equipped white Jackson was played as much as the #1 prototype before the first green Jackson was worked into the set.

Back