Always real to me
Let me tell you of my doubt
Of my disbelief in their rise
Let me take you on a somber journey
Let me tell you why
Let me tell you why

Why should their glory days haunt me?
I won't be convinced 'til they can break free
What did they do to deserve all this praise?
Their fame is their past, it’s not going to last
Demons of doubt all inside of my head
Their peak is gone, they can't rise from the dead
Their skills are lacking, their prime is all fading
The pressure of knowing they're not what they're saying

I'm able to see things
Things they don't want me to see
The fall of their attendance rate
weigh heavy down on me
I know they're struggling, reaching out
The burden of it will drag their fans down as well
The fame of a thousand tours now gone in vain
Reincarnate not Iron Maiden, not again

Someone to tell them
Something to tell them they're done
To bring realization
To exorcise this con
Someone to tell them
To bring realization
To exorcise this con
Someone to tell them
A destination
Away from this nightmare
Someone to tell them
To bring realization
To exorcise this con

-Chat GPT, with an edit or two.

Nicko's drumming is terrible here, poor, sometimes out of the tempo. He is the weakest element of Iron Maiden's machine now. I know the yt amatour movies are not the reliable source but the primary rhythm parts are easy to hear out. Nicko, it's time for change. I perfectly know it's hard to tell but the time has come. People and the band's members may like him so much but the matter is quality of playing. Maiden deserves for something a way better now.

For some reason the videos are not accessible for me.
I would assume that Nicko has continued to work with his physiotherapist and that his skills have continued to improve since the tour, albeit probably in small steps. Is that not the case?

For some reason the videos are not accessible for me.
I would assume that Nicko has continued to work with his physiotherapist and that his skills have continued to improve since the tour, albeit probably in small steps. Is that not the case?
I watched about 10 minutes of footage and yes, he is definitely showing improvement. I don’t feel that it’s so bad that he needs replacing, however. That’s a big conclusion to jump to from one performance.

Nicko's drumming is terrible here, poor, sometimes out of the tempo. He is the weakest element of Iron Maiden's machine now. I know the yt amatour movies are not the reliable source but the primary rhythm parts are easy to hear out. Nicko, it's time for change. I perfectly know it's hard to tell but the time has come. People and the band's members may like him so much but the matter is quality of playing. Maiden deserves for something a way better now.
:facepalm:

but what if his replacement has a stroke while on stage??? Maiden are for sure finished then!

I didn't look at the above videos but I did hear a bit of CSiT from earlier, and I'd say other than his bass drum work improving, it was about the same as it was towards the end of the tour last year. I'm sure it's a much bigger pain for him than to us to not be able to deliver at his fullest, but ultimately I'm just glad he's drumming at all.

I'm afraid he may suffer from an anther stroke during the tour, drumming is a hard work and Nicko is over 72 now. It's dangerous.
Then Maiden is over. You have nothing to do here Ralph. Maiden is no more. What a sad ending: Nicko McBrain having a stroke due to poor tickets sales in comparison to the biggest Metal band ever existed, Judas Priest.

Well, I guess you can nove move on to another group!

I didn't look at the above videos but I did hear a bit of CSiT from earlier, and I'd say other than his bass drum work improving, it was about the same as it was towards the end of the tour last year. I'm sure it's a much bigger pain for him than to us to not be able to deliver at his fullest, but ultimately I'm just glad he's drumming at all.
If he and the band know the quality of drumming is not so good, they should find replacement because of feeling the respect to the fans who are paying a lot for concert tix. Against all the popular opinions sometimes the changes of long - time members make the old bands refreshed and better, just look at Judas Priest or more recent - Deep Purple.

Then Maiden is over. You have nothing to do here Ralph. Maiden is no more. What a sad ending: Nicko McBrain having a stroke due to poor tickets sales in comparison to the biggest Metal band ever existed, Judas Priest.

Well, I guess you can nove move on to another group!
You went sarcastic, but I wanna say what think about the current situation. If you want to hear more in 2024 (current situation) JP is in better shape than Maiden. The last two Priests' albums are perfect, I saw them live - just deliviered the goods and even more. Respect. They are the living proof sometimes changes Make things better. In my opinion the main figures in Maiden are Dickinson, Harris and Smith. To me that is a core of Maiden in 2024.

You went sarcastic, but I wanna say what think about the current situation. If you want to hear more in 2024 (current situation) JP is in better shape than Maiden. The last two Priests' albums are perfect, I saw them live - just deliviered the goods and even more. Respect. They are the living proof sometimes changes Make things better. In my opinion the main figures in Maiden are Dickinson, Harris and Smith. To me that is a core of Maiden in 2024.
Ok, so since Maiden is over, Priest is doing a lot better and Nicko's replacement had a stroke already, why don't you visit forum.priestfans.com?
Just an idea.

I've seen Priest 3 times in the last five years or so. They are a pale shadow of Maiden in a live setting. Yeah, Scott Travis is great, yeah, Richie Faulkner is a god, but literally everything else about the show and performances are so incredibly average. The stage set is cheap, Ian Hill is the most boring player and performer in the world, Andy Sneap does his best but also doesn't do enough, and Halford sounds great on 50% of the materials and absolutely bored or flat on the other 50%.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on board with Nicko probably needing to take a step back. And I'm also of the opinion that the last two Judas Priest albums blow the most recent Maiden albums out of the water: but it's all smoke and mirrors. Maiden still feels energized and vital and they put on one hell of a live show (especially Bruce). Priest are incomparable as a live band.

Ok, so since Maiden is over, Priest is doing a lot better and Nicko's replacement had a stroke already, why don't you visit forum.priestfans.com?
Just an idea.
Why(?), because I'm bigger fan of Maiden than Priest but I'm not blinded and deaf die hard arse. Maiden criticism is always for better future of them not just trolling. And the most important thing - the bitter honesty is always more precious than white lies.

Back