The Future Past Tour 2024

@ShadowOfTheGods the ignore function exists for a reason. Use it. It's better than arbitrarily deciding who is a fan and who isn't. At least RLonger isn't around anymore lol

I will now spread the rumor that I have heard from people around the band that Bruce and Di'Anno have met because Steve would like to replace Bruce with Paul Di'Anno. :D
Small update to the rumour: The replacement for Bruce will be Blaze, as the gods intended :D

I'm not a Fan?!!! Really? I just honestly write what I think and feel, I'm not blinded Die Hard moron.

No need to resort to this language.

Also, we're not stupid. We know you are a formerly banned member, and we are keeping an eye on you.

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and being a fan is not the same as being up the band's ass. The issues Nomadd mentioned are quite normal considerations at this stage of a band's life. Nevertheless, the chance of replacing Nicko with someone else is smaller than replacing Bruce with DiAnno.
It's not that comment in particular, it's the negativity towards EVERYTHING Maiden do. Not just here but everywhere around the web. "Maiden is going to disappear, Maiden will flop, Maiden is over because Judas Priest sold out a venue (he wrote this fr), nobody is interested in them" and now the new "I think Nicko will have a stroke during this tour" (for no reason at all). He's been doing this for years now and I think he got banned already from a lot of forums.

Nicko's drumming is not the same in terms of quality. I think he's the first person to replace in the future. Maiden performances may suffer from poor drumming quality and there's a risk Nicko will experience the stroke even on tour.

As far as I know it is much more likely to suffer a second stroke if you are not active. Resting isn't always the solution.

Must’ve been before my time in this forum, but who is RLonger? Why is RLonger notorious? Is RLonger an infamous troll? Is RLonger not excited for The Future Past Tour 2024? Is RLonger experiencing Loneliness because he is a RLong Distance Runner?

Has LWronger reappeared to preach that Maiden are finished?

He's the same type of delusional fanboy that says Priest is done because KK Downing and Glenn Tipton are not there anymore and label the current lineup a "Halford solo" or a "tribute band". Last time I checked tribute bands have 0 original/classic lineup members.

Halford and Hill are from the classic lineup.

Scott Travis has been there for 34 years.

Richie has been there for 14 years and made three albums(he was more involved in the last two).

Andy Sneap was handpicked by Tipton and has been touring for 6 years.

Surely criticising the integrity of current day Priest makes him the opposite of a fanboy? I happen to agree with him tbh :p

Well, you're wrong. Tipton is writing songs, as well as ideas for solos. The Crown of Horns solo is clearly a Richie interpretation of Tipton's vision of a solo (it screams of Tipton composition). The past two Priest albums are some of their best work. I have a big appreciation for K.K., but it's easy to see how Glenn is the one in the classic guitar partnership that had the best instincts and positive effect on the outcome (I mean, the first KK's Priest album was awful, and the guy wanted a 1min 30 sec solo in Before the Dawn, but thankfully Glenn put his foot down and edited it down to a 30 second solo). The lineup change also came in late in their caréer, but while there still was time to rebuild. K.K. left 13 years ago, and this is a legitimate lineup.

I have as much interest in current day Priest as I would in a version of Maiden without Dave and H. The last two albums were a calculated effort to appeal to the nostalgia of fans who discovered them through Painkiller and it worked. I thought they were decent but overrated.

Must’ve been before my time in this forum, but who is RLonger? Why is RLonger notorious? Is RLonger an infamous troll? Is RLonger not excited for The Future Past Tour 2024? Is RLonger experiencing Loneliness because he is a RLong Distance Runner?
I'm too lazy to search for his posts, but he was perma-pessimistic about everything to a very trolly degree. Do you know the current meme where something positive happens for Joe Biden and then meme is like "NY Times article: Here's how this is a bad thing for Biden"? This, but for Maiden.

He'd post stuff like "Maiden is irrelevant nowadays", that they are flopping, etc. while they were selling out shows. Stuff like that.

Back