The Future Past Tour 2024

I'm yet to see this here. All I see is apocalyptic no sense based on nothing.
My own and many fans opinion about McBrain's drumming is "apocalyptic" when even Nicko's apologized fans via social media... And you may ban me here just 'cos my own opinion and in the name of modern "freedom of speech" policy. I am not a troll and the hater, just have my own opinion about some aspects of Maiden activity.

My own and many fans opinion about McBrain's drumming is "apocalyptic" when even Nicko's apologized fans via social media... And you may ban me here just 'cos my own opinion and in the name of modern "freedom of speech" policy. I am not a troll and the hater, just have my own opinion about some aspects of Maiden activity.

Stop hiding behind the "my opinion" thing. It's not that. Why the hell Nicko should have another stroke? Just because you would love to say that Maiden is done for good? Go listen to Priest, but don't look at Rob.

Gotta say, I'm really not a big fan of asparagus. Never did it for me. Something about the texture just doesn't appeal to me.

Can the mods just ban him again? It's pretty obvious he doesn't give a shit, he just wants to troll the forums and unfortunately people are too eager to take the bait.
Honestly I have to agree. I'm all for lively discussion and people expressing their opinions, but the CONSTANT "the sky is falling! Everything is terrible! Maiden are doomed" is just getting so fucking tiresome.

You went sarcastic, but I wanna say what think about the current situation. If you want to hear more in 2024 (current situation) JP is in better shape than Maiden. The last two Priests' albums are perfect, I saw them live - just deliviered the goods and even more. Respect. They are the living proof sometimes changes Make things better. In my opinion the main figures in Maiden are Dickinson, Harris and Smith. To me that is a core of Maiden in 2024.
And yet if you go to Priest FB groups or forums you will see posts all the time that say it isn't Priest without Tipton and KK. Or that the current iteration is a "tribute band" or a "Halford solo band." And to say Dave is not core Maiden is downright laughable. I would hate to lose any current member of Maiden.

It doesn't work so well when half the forum will happily quote them to argue their points.
If half the forum puts them on ignore and stops quoting it'll work though :P

When they are quote you have to press on reveal to see what was actually written. As long as you don't do that the ignore function works quite well.

To be honest it really just comes across as trolling at this point. I can't imagine spending all my time posting about something I clearly don't like anymore.

I'll be putting him on ignore, I would encourage others do the same.

Why ban him? He is entitled to have different opinions to most and share them with us. People can always ignore the messages.
Because there's a difference between having a different opinion vs. deliberately finding the most incendiary choice of words to express some vague thought concerning an aspect of the band.

Stating something that's locally considered controversial is a whole another world compared to deliberately trolling with arguments made in bad faith for the sole purpose of derailing the conversation because it's funny. I'd expect you of all people to know that. Plus, usually when people get banned, they stay banned, since even if they come back under some "clever" ruse, they have a tendency to go right back to their old habits.

This particular ruse is neither clever nor very amusing, so I can't see why anyone would go to bat for the poster in question.

Nicko's drumming is terrible here, poor, sometimes out of the tempo. He is the weakest element of Iron Maiden's machine now. I know the yt amatour movies are not the reliable source but the primary rhythm parts are easy to hear out. Nicko, it's time for change. I perfectly know it's hard to tell but the time has come. People and the band's members may like him so much but the matter is quality of playing. Maiden deserves for something a way better now.
I can sympathise with this opinion even if it was expressed insensitively. It'd be one thing if he stepped down but if he doesn't want to go it would be incredibly poor form to turf the guy out for having the bad luck to suffer a stroke when he can still play (albeit at a much lower level than before).

Poor form of turf? No, it's a lifetime, he always can play his drums with friends in clubs, as pure pleausure just for his fun. Live show of the band that level as Maiden is an incredible challenge and responsibility before thousands of people who paid amount of money to see legendary band and hear the music played pure professional. Who wants to hear legendary band which musicians playing lame, out of tempo, too slow?! I have seen many so called legendary bands from the past which became a pale shadows of themselves. As I said I'm the fan, but can expect from my favourite musicians some kind of advanced level skills. Undisputable, since 2023 Nicko's drumming is the weakest element of the whole performance. He and the band have known about that, even apologized the fans who attended the European leg of the tour. I only hope situation is a little better now, but it's obvious the time is marching on and Nicko's health and the downnfall of his technical skills are the main problems which cast shadow of the doubt. Not trolling, naysaying, just observe the situation. As a person I'm a bit sceptical and realistic. And I'm honest, at the heart! Don't get me wrong, PLEASE!

Last edited:
Back