The Future Past Tour 2024

I don’t think they’ll change it but I agree that Prisoner and CIPWM are the most likely candidates to get replaced, as I don’t see them changing the 5 SIT + 5 Senjutsu core. What could happen imo is Stratego over Celts and then you can play longer songs instead of the 2 mentioned above, like Hallowed and 2 Mins, for example, or even Clansman and Icarus if they intend to get closer to the original LOTB 2020 shows.
I don't think they will want to get closer to the LOTB set just for Australia and Japan's benefit, especially with them adding north and south American dates the same leg

Posted 20 mins ago:

The Future Past Tour is coming to Japan in 2024!
September:
22 - Sky Hall Toyota, Aichi, Japan
24 - Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka, Japan
26 - Tokyo Garden Theater, Tokyo, Japan
28 - Pia Arena MM, Kanagawa, Japan
IMFC Presale kicks off Friday 20th October.
Tickets go on general sale Saturday 9th December.

Looks like North and South America in October and November is confirmed.

Greece and the Balkans in August?

From press release, Steve Harris: We promise you all, it'll be worth the wait! Rod Smallwood: You can be assured it’s worth the wait.
I think they will add something to the show. One, two songs will get changed, that's for sure. And some pyros.
Flight of Icarus is almost a safe bet.

Last edited:
From press release, Steve Harris: We promise you all, it'll be worth the wait! Rod Smallwood: You can be assured it’s worth the wait.
I think they will add something to the show. One, two songs will get changed, that's for sure. And some pyros.
Flight of Icarus is almost a safe bet.
Not sure if this statement tends toward setlist changes.
Besides changing songs, changing the order also can have a large Impact, as we could see at Legacy of the Beast 2022.

Given the dates announced so far, I think they will/can record a new album in early 2025 (at the earliest).

Not sure if this statement tends toward setlist changes.
Besides changing songs, changing the order also can have a large Impact, as we could see at Legacy of the Beast 2022.
It depends. I think replacing FOTD for Hallowed is a pretty straight swap.

Not gonna happen, but replacing Celts with Clansman would improve the set IMO. As would moving CIPWM after Writing and adding Icarus into spot #9.

But that is about it. Set is almost perfect and too much meddling with it would ruin it.

Something like this would still be OK:
1. Caught Somewhere In Time
2. Stranger In A Strange Land
3. The Writing On The Wall
4. Can I Play With Madness
5. Days Of Future Past
6. The Time Machine
7. The Prisoner
8. The Clansman
9. Flight Of Icarus
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Alexander The Great
12. Fear Of The Dark or Hallowed Be Thy Name
13. Iron Maiden

14. Hell On Earth
15. The Trooper
16. Wasted Years

Replacing Celts with Clansman would give them a bit of real-estate timing-wise, so they could add a short song. Clansman and FOI would make up for LOTB not being in certain territories.

All that said, the setlist will likely remain the same.

Last edited:
It depends. I think replacing FOTD for Hallowed is a pretty straight swap.

Not gonna happen, but replacing Celts with Clansman would improve the set IMO. As would moving CIPWM after Writing and adding Icarus into spot #9.

But that is about it. Set is almost perfect and too much meddling with it would ruin it.
At those concerts I was this year I would say Stranger and Days of Future Past did not work that perfectly at their spots. I could imagine Stranger later in the set would be better. Also I would add some more show elements. But of course it is a great set, I dont't want to complain.

At those concerts I was this year I would say Stranger and Days of Future Past did not work that perfectly at their spots. I could imagine Stranger later in the set would be better. Also I would add some more show elements. But of course it is a great set, I dont't want to complain.
I felt like Stranger worked okay, but DOFP just... Is there. A short rocker between spots #3 and #4 would give DOFP a boost. Usually Trooper was played in that spot, but it has been living in the encores since Covid.

Last edited:
If you look at the band in the background, there is 6 of them and it seems like it's just the SIT version of the band with Janick added. Bruce even seems to wear the light tour jacket.
Great throwback. Bruce is also with long hair! The jacket is still iconic. The futuristic car is also a nice detail.

I kind of wanted to see a different poster this time, but I guess this is the perfect one for the tour.
I'm glad they are not playing RIR this time! 2019, 2022 and 2024 would be too much.
We don't need a Pro-shot stream this time because they will surely release an official video from the tour. With these dates in Japan, Australia and NZ, I think it will be like Flight & Live Chapter again.
Looks like North and South America in October and November is confirmed.

Greece and the Balkans in August?
I think so. 4 months tour (August-November).
If they choose to do a 3rd leg in 2025, then it is guaranteed to have some changes because you simply can´t do three different legs in three different years with a same setlist. But obviously ideal situation is moving on to the next phase that year.
This.

I agree about Days, plus Bruce can’t sing it live.

Stranger on the other hand was epic 2nd in the set. Everyone around me was grooving along to it. It was loads of fun!

I think they will add something to the show. One, two songs will get changed, that's for sure.
I don't think it's setlist related, they talk about the show as a whole imo.

As for the setlist, they will be playing in many places they are yet to visit with this tour, so the set may remain the same.
The chance is one of the SJ songs to be swapped with another new song or Hallowed to be played again. If they rehearsed Parchment (I think they did), why not play it instead of Celts. Long song for a long song. Or - Nicko's 2nd favorite song from the album, Darkest Hour (like they did with Great Unknown in 2017). Plus they have plenty of time to learn an epic/other new song. If the tour won't have a 3rd leg (I hope and think so given the dates), 1 or 2 changes for next year is not impossible. Remember they had a plan to play the whole new album live.

Set is almost perfect and too much meddling with it would ruin it.
I agree. Parchment is the only change I'd like to see (although I would have loved Sea Of Madness, Futureal, Brave New World, Silent Planet, Runner, Deja-Vu, Darkest Hour, Lost World). I'd say: 95% the set will remain the same, unfortunately.
I think Stranger worked surprisingly very well as song #2 in the set (for Nicko too after the ferocious opener). The groove makes it special and can work everywhere. Days Of Future Past was also good, although if it had a (singalong) guitar harmony in the middle it would have been better live for sure.

More show elements? I think they are enough.

I do not beielve Europe will get only 5 shows. They are not gonna go through all the logistics just for 5 shows and it is their biggest market. Big cities, like Paris, Lisbon, some German cities etc will definitely get a show. Tour will start earlier than August.

I agree, if there's a change it'll be in the Senjutsu block. I'm surprised Stratego didn't get played this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see it come in somewhere. Days of Future Past seems like it's a lock, so maybe they rotate out Time Machine? Who knows.
Yeah, one of the SJ songs (Celts or Time Machine(?) for Parchment, Darkest Hour or Stratego(the flag in the poster)), or Hallowed from the old classics. But at the same time, I don't see them replacing the two songs most likely to be replaced - Prisoner and Madness. They work so great live and are easy for the band. Stratego or Senjutsu are possible I guess, especially since they will play in Japan.

Clairvoyant is a song I expected to be played again soon, while Number and 2 Minutes are songs that needed a bit of a break.

Back