The Future Past Tour 2024

I bet there will be a slight 90's focus on the upcoming history tour. So I'm expecting Be Quick, From Here to Eternity (?), Bring Your Daughter, Lord of the Flies and Futureal. I wish they continue to play Alexander, but not that hopeful. Yet the truth that Greece didn't witness that song is a shame. They are not playing Running Free, Two Minutes, Clairvoyant for a while, so they might be added. There is also a danger that they might add Wratchild but I hope they will use the Killers card this time! The last time they played Killers is Edhunter tour, 99. They didn't play that even in Early Days. :/

Bring Your Daughter or Futureal would be great. There is so much possible routes to go with setlist that I can't wait. I will be happy with any deep cut from No Prayer, Fear of the Dark, X factor, Virtual XI oraz Brave New World.

I bet there will be a slight 90's focus on the upcoming history tour. So I'm expecting Be Quick, From Here to Eternity (?), Bring Your Daughter, Lord of the Flies and Futureal. I wish they continue to play Alexander, but not that hopeful. Yet the truth that Greece didn't witness that song is a shame. They are not playing Running Free, Two Minutes, Clairvoyant for a while, so they might be added. There is also a danger that they might add Wratchild but I hope they will use the Killers card this time! The last time they played Killers is Edhunter tour, 99. They didn't play that even in Early Days. :/
Killers with Nicko's limited right hand ability? I doubt he can do that song. If he can't do RTTH, Killers is a lot more extreme...

I think most of Clive songs are a lot more difficult for Nicko after the stroke, since there is a lot of hi-hat work.

I want to hear NPFTD, the song, with this lineup. I think it would sound amazing.
I would love to hear that one, the bootleg live performances are better than the album and with this lineup it can explode. butttt NPFTD and Infinite Dreams have slight similarities, can't see them both played, and I would of course prefer Infinite over any song actually :)

Me too. I love that song.

While I am here I might as well regurgitate the baseless rumour that it was rehearsed for the 2014 Maiden England tour…
It wasn't. The 2 songs that were rehearsed, but not played were Hallowed (for legal reasons) and Infinite Dreams. Those were replaced by Phantom Of The Opera and Afraid To Shoot Strangers (Revelations in 2014).

Last edited:
Me too. I love that song.

While I am here I might as well regurgitate the baseless rumour that it was rehearsed for the 2014 Maiden England tour…
They never even considered rehearsing NPFTD. Not when they had ATSS (which they brought on stage), that is to say NPFTD's revised and enlarged version.

And as @matic22 said, they rehearsed Infinite Dreams but chose not to confirm it. Sadly.

This is probably best Trooper drum-wise since the stroke. Another great sign.

All fills minus the opening one are there.
Yes and that brings such a huge smile to my face. I feel the band sounded a bit better again last night.? Trooper should not be on the encore for the next tour, it will be even better then.
Adrian is changing all of his solos, he's having fun and some improvisations like this version of his Prisoner solo are really cool. He tries all kinds of licks and is a master of the feel.
I want to hear NPFTD, the song, with this lineup. I think it would sound amazing.
Definitely. Like some other 90's songs. Or from the Reunion era, they should be a little easier for Nicko right. It really is time for Maiden to dust off some 90's stuff. The setlist possibilities are still many and interesting. I will welcome any deep cut. At least 2-3 surprises are a given, I assume, but from which era remains to be seen. I guess the most popular 90's cuts are: Tailgunner, NPFTD, Be Quick, Afraid, Wasting, JBMG and Futureal.

Yes and that brings such a huge smile to my face. I feel the band sounded a bit better again last night.? Trooper should not be on the encore for the next tour, it will be even better then.

Adrian is changing all of his solos, he's having fun and some improvisations like this version of his Prisoner solo are really cool. He tries all kinds of licks and is a master of the feel.

Definitely. Like some other 90's songs. Or from the Reunion era, they should be a little easier for Nicko right. It really is time for Maiden to dust off some 90's stuff. The setlist possibilities are still many and interesting. I will welcome any deep cut. At least 2-3 surprises are a given, I assume, but from which era remains to be seen. I guess the most popular 90's cuts are: Tailgunner, NPFTD, Be Quick, Afraid, Wasting, JBMG and Futureal.
Apart from man on the edge. It's a damn thrash beat. Nicko couldn't do that now

Damn, Caught Somewhere in Time sounds so good! Nicko is able to keep it together, Bruce's voice just soars so beautifully and those guitars... insanely beautiful!

Above there's lots of discussion about the next set and Nicko's ability to perform certain songs. I agree with the most that there certainly are limitations, but I wonder if we'll have another "no they won't - they just can't--- NO WAIT THEY'RE ACTUALLY DOING IT???" case coming up? ;)

Like, I was one of the (misguided) people who were unsure whether they could pull off Caught Somewhere in Time - and that was before we knew anything about Nicko's stroke (bless him!)

Before the first gig of 2018, I honestly didn't expect them to open with Aces High & Where Eagles Dare and make them sound as amazing as they did. Bruce was truly outstanding in the summer of 2018!

So... maybe, just maybe, there will be one more "you crazy son of a bitch actually did it!!" moment in store for us. Who knows.

Just empty words above, I know. But yeah, looking at the recent live clips, they sound just as great as last year - which was very good indeed!

Check out how long bruce holds the last note from Alexander the great on the 2nd melbourne show. He's actually incredible

Damn right you are!

Above there's lots of discussion about the next set and Nicko's ability to perform certain songs. I agree with the most that there certainly are limitations, but I wonder if we'll have another "no they won't - they just can't--- NO WAIT THEY'RE ACTUALLY DOING IT???" case coming up? ;)
Check the "Nicko McBrain" topic. There I just posted an interview what he can and what he can't do anymore (around 37 minute mark). He also says that this year, he is able to do some triplets in FOTD, but that's sadly the only improvement from last year (however, he seems to be doing a lot more fills now.

Going from that interview, it seems that they will play whatever can be changed to the degree that Nicko can play them, but doesn't compromise the song. A good example would probably be something that only has some fills, but no prolonged 16th work on the hi-hat... Like Hallowed. RTTH is completely different story as the whole song is 16ths on the hi-hat and to play that song, they would need to drop the tempo so much, that we could call it Crawl To The Hills. Nicko actually shows what's the fastest tempo he can do double handed 16ths with both hands right now.

He is still improving, but the improvement is slower and slower.

Well, the simple fact is that because of a stroke, he will have lost some of his capacity. But physical exercise and training has the ability to find that limit. I am comfortable with the songs as-is. The question, for me, is whether or not Nick feels he can keep going. If he can at this level, okay. If he can't, then that's okay too.

Back