The Future Past Tour 2024

Regarding Bruce, yes I'll say it again they should have tuned to Eb twenty years ago tbh
20 years? Lol.

But realistically 2014 Maiden England was the time to do it, if they ever would. The voice strain on that tour was obvious due to cancer and age. I'd say that if they didn't tune down for 2016 post cancer Bruce, they never will.

Bloody hell, watching that you can really sense the loss of power and impact in Nicko's drumming. Such a shame, I wish we had the first leg of The Future Past tour in 2022 now.

I think we just have to accept this is what Nicko is capable now.
Yeah, watching that clip for me put the situation into perspective, watching the same song from this tour you can hear the drumming isn't as powerful or as impactful unfortunately :(

Nicko now basically is virtual xi studio album Nicko (though with less power). Just play the beat at a reasonable tempo and do occasional fills. Nothing more. Sad but at least he can still play along. They'll never sound quite as epic as before though

20 years? Lol.

But realistically 2014 Maiden England was the time to do it, if they ever would. The voice strain on that tour was obvious due to cancer and age. I'd say that if they didn't tune down for 2016 post cancer Bruce, they never will.
Well you know what I mean, they should have obviously done it already in the 90s for a certain baritone. But they should also have done it in the past decade for Bruce

Well you know what I mean, they should have obviously done it already in the 90s for a certain baritone. But they should also have done it in the past decade for Bruce
Past decade, maybe. But 2005-2010? Absolutely not.

Also, I think Bruce takes too much pride in singing the songs in original key. So, I think it won't happen. If he didn't tune down for Darkside Of Aquarius this year, he won't tune down for anything.

Past decade, maybe. But 2005-2010? Absolutely not.

Also, I think Bruce takes too much pride in singing the songs in original key. So, I think it won't happen. If he didn't tune down for Darkside Of Aquarius this year, he won't tune down for anything.
Yeah it's pride.

I'm not putting an exact date on when they should have done but probably around the time Bruce sounded like he was about to pass out during aces High a few years back

Yup. For me, his golden years started with Skunkworks and lasted up to the Somewhere Back In Time tour. He still sounded pretty great afterwards and considering his age and health problems he definitely sounds relatively good nowadays. He simply doesn't sound like a young god anymore, which is an unrealistic and unfair standard to hold someone to, anyway.

I find it pretty ironic how Bruce’s voice live got much better live the moment he got his hair cut short. Just opposite to what happened to Samson!

Regarding Bruce, yes I'll say it again they should have tuned to Eb twenty years ago tbh
I'll go even further and say with my straightest face that, realistically speaking, Iron Maiden should have started tuning down on stage as early as 1984, and that they should have recorded the majority of The X Factor and following albums, AMOLAD in particular, in Eb tuning (if not in D tuning).

This is probably their biggest flaw and musical limit. Not being too much comfortable with alternative tunings and in general with anything that is too far from their comfort zone. It's a matter of habitude, really, too bad they didn't even try.

I respect Nicko immensely, he is one of my favourite drummers of all time, but he needs to consider hanging up the sticks if the band are to do anything other than limp on for a couple more years.
I've been saying for years that they should consider hiring Joe Lazarus at least as a touring member. They can keep Nicko in, legally, and he can record his drum parts in studio. But he is clearly aging old.

On the other hand, they are a bunch of 65-70yo guys. They truly enjoy what they're doing and they've been doing for 50 years now, but I don't know how much sense would make such a move, at this point. I firmly believe the only irreplaceable member is Steve because of what he represents for Iron Maiden; Dave and Bruce come closer. But at this point, if one stops, they all should stop.

Maiden could have the pick of the world's finest rock drummers with their resources, no need to limit themselves to Joe (although I understand Steve likes to keep it in the family)

I've been saying for years that they should consider hiring Joe Lazarus at least as a touring member. They can keep Nicko in, legally, and he can record his drum parts in studio. But he is clearly aging old.

On the other hand, they are a bunch of 65-70yo guys. They truly enjoy what they're doing and they've been doing for 50 years now, but I don't know how much sense would make such a move, at this point. I firmly believe the only irreplaceable member is Steve because of what he represents for Iron Maiden; Dave and Bruce come closer. But at this point, if one stops, they all should stop.
There are 2 irreplaceable members in Maiden. Steve and Bruce. Steve admitted that Maiden would've been finished if Bruce lost his voice due to cancer treatment.

I wouldn't be opposed if Maiden got a touring drummer, but Nicko should still play some songs. He can still play stuff like WOTW, SIASL and probably Icarus. If neccessary, they should get a touring drummer that would cover tougher songs like Hallowed and RTTH, but should not cut out Nicko from the touring picture.

There are 2 irreplaceable members in Maiden. Steve and Bruce. Steve admitted that Maiden would've been finished if Bruce lost his voice due to cancer treatment.

I wouldn't be opposed if Maiden got a touring drummer, but Nicko should still play some songs. He can still play stuff like WOTW, SIASL and probably Icarus. If neccessary, they should get a touring drummer that would cover tougher songs like Hallowed and RTTH, but should not cut out Nicko from the touring picture.
Absolutely, but now I'm starting to think band's plans for next years might be changed or re-arranged. As we preducted (based on some hints from interviews) initially Maiden planned touring Europe and release documentary, but current problems with Nicko could forced them to change the plans. Maybe Steve was right when stated he don't know what happens next? Maybe they decide to take a year off to make a change and be back for good in 2026?

Absolutely, but now I'm starting to think band's plans for next years might be changed or re-arranged. As we preducted (based on some hints from interviews) initially Maiden planned touring Europe and release documentary, but current problems with Nicko could forced them to change the plans. Maybe Steve was right when stated he don't know what happens next? Maybe they decide to take a year off to make a change and be back for good in 2026?
That may be true actually. The whole Nicko thing is kind of a big variable right now, as I believe that if Maiden replace him they add at least 5 years to their carreer imo when it comes to playing live.

Back