The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maaaaan, I would hope for Long Distance Runner. That one and Deja Vu are my two favorites from SiT.
Yeah, it would be great to hear any song from the album - those two are right after Alexander and the title track for me.
From what I've observed Hell On Earth is considered by many, if not the majority, to be the best song on the album. Even folks who say they hate the album say it's the only good song. It would seem it's an obvious choice to play live. I'm 100% positive they will rehearse it. Maybe they will determine "it just didn't work". If they do play it I would shorten the intro and cut out the outro ( strictly thinking about the general audience here), but I don't know if Steve would consider doing that
This is the main reason. I highly doubt they would shorten or cut any part of the song. Apart from the long intro (without vocals), it will work 100% great live. The audience will participate during the many melodies and the second chorus.

Tbh, I want to hear it (and Parchment) as much as I want to hear any SIT song.

predator-handshake.gif

Childhood's End is one of the best Maiden songs of the 90's. A fantastic track.

Also, agree on your other points. LIALW is one of my favorites on Senjutsu actually, and my second favorite epic on the album, number 1 being HOE; TP third and DOTC probably my least favorite on the entire record. Celts isn't a bad song, but I like everything else on the album much more. Plus, like you said, it's not as catchy as Clansman.
Love Fear of the dark Album.

Another setlist try:
5 Cyborg eddie will be

Caught somewhere in time
Stranger in a strange land
heaven can wait
Wasted years
And alexander the great

5 Samurai eddie ¿?
Writing on the wall
Hell on earth
Senjutsu
Stratego
Death of the celts
Senjutsu is a must go because of the poor audience feedback, definitely going to be replaced with either The Time Machine or Days of Future Past.

So my bet:
Stratego/Days of Future Past
The Writing on the Wall
Hell on Earth
Death of the Celts
Days of Future Past

Yeah, it would be great to hear any song from the album - those two are right after Alexander and the title track for me.

This is the main reason. I highly doubt they would shorten or cut any part of the song. Apart from the long intro (without vocals), it will work 100% great live. The audience will participate during the many melodies and the second chorus.

Tbh, I want to hear it (and Parchment) as much as I want to hear any SIT song.
they will play hell on earth for sure. As it sounds at the album

Also, as we are getting closer to the opening night, my setlist prediction changed a bit.
So The Parchment is replaced with Death of the Celts and Senjutsu with The Time Machine.

ATG: I think they will play it somewhere in the middle of the setlist, not in encore. Now I’m thinking they easly could play CSIT as encore opener.

5 Cyborg eddie will be

Caught somewhere in time
Stranger in a strange land
heaven can wait
Wasted years
And alexander the great

5 Samurai eddie ¿?
Writing on the wall
Hell on earth
Senjutsu
Stratego
Death of the celts

writing on the wall will not performed
see the tour release info

"The Future Past Tour will feature previously unperformed songs from the band’s most recent studio album"

they played it on the lotb tour

I still suspect Hell On Earth. It's Steve's second crack at Maiden song to end all Maiden songs, but better than Red and the Black.

Still not a huge fan of it myself, though, it still strikes me as Steve trying too hard. Parchment and Celts flow far more naturally. Celts is another long song option live, I think.

Also, as we are getting closer to the opening night, my setlist prediction changed a bit.
So The Parchment is replaced with Death of the Celts and Senjutsu with The Time Machine.

ATG: I think they will play it somewhere in the middle of the setlist, not in encore. Now I’m thinking they easly could play CSIT as encore opener.
I think that the 5 senjutsu songs will be at the first part of the show with 2 o 3 other classics,then somewhere in time,and then final 2 o 3 songs
so 5 senjutsu songs + 2 classics +5 somewhere in time + 3 classics

Senjutsu music video/song rankings on the official IM Youtube channel...

The Writing on the Wall - 36 Million
Hell on Earth - 6.9 Million
Stratego - 4.1 Million
Senjutsu - 3.4 Million
The Parchment - 2.5 Million
Death of the Celts - 2.1 Million
Lost in a Lost World - 2 Million
Days of Future Past - 2 Million
Darkest Hour - 1.7 Million
The Time Machine - 1.2 Million

Ever since BNW the Harris/Gers epics (Dream Of Mirrors, Dance Of Death, The Legacy, The Talisman, The Book Of Souls) made the setlist. I believe The Time Machine will do the same, but it's interesting to see that it has the least views (at least on YouTube).

I am anticipating 5 songs from each album listed. It would be blasphemy to play less than 5 from SIT given its absence over the years. I honestly would love them to pull a deep cut or 2 from more recent albums like they did on the Final Frontier tour... Maybe play Starblind for fvcks sake already lol Really hoping for CSIT and Sea of Madness more than the rest from SIT but I'll take anything. My favorite album in music, period. We know 2 songs we are guaranteed to get so.....

1. Caught Somewhere in Time
2. Days of Future Past
3. The Writing on the Wall
4. The Parchment
5. The Trooper
6. Time Machine
7. Alexander the Great
8. Heaven Can Wait
9. Stranger in a Strange Land
10. Hell on Earth
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden

13. The Number of the Beast
14. Hallowed be Thy Name
15. Wasted Years

I think we may get Darkest Hour instead of The Parchment. In that case swap Stranger and Parchment and replace with Darkest Hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back