The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian will re-learn the ATG part. He is by far the most familiar with odd time signatures in the band. Plus, if he doesn't remember it, he has lots of friends (RK being one) who can learn it and help remind him.

The problem with that solo part is that it has almost no connection with the rythm going on in the background. But once you learn, play and understand it, it's kinda logical.

Agreed. He is probably the most accomplished musician in the band.

I wonder how many of those Alexander the Great were really asked by the audience…

To be fair, seems completely believable that there definitely were that many questions of it. :D

Of course Bruce intentionally picked all those for the sake of a joke, but anyway, I can definitely believe that a lot of people asked that indeed.

What did he really say in Oslo? I didn't read any exact quote from that event, only some reports saying he was positive and we should expect it...

I didn't understand this reply neither and why it's considered positive for the song. Does he want to say that it won't be played in summer, but in winter when the tour continue.
No videos from Oslo yet. I think this reply was a joke and Maiden won't be touring in the winter. I guess he wants to keep the ''surprise''. Also last year he said there was a discussion about the song with the band.
I’m concerned about Bruce being able to sing it.
It's certainly not an easy song to sing (like almost every song on SIT album), but I think he will do great. Stranger also has a high chorus.
I don't see why Adrian would have a problem rehearsing the solo again. I have never understood that as a serious reason, rather as a wisecrack.
Of course. With 3 guitars, there are no excuses.

Can't imagine the solo would be particularly hard to relearn, just a case of remembering when the chord changes happen, relistening to the song a good few times would sort that out, and then he could wing it no problem. He had trouble in the studio as it was a work in progress, should be a different case now in that he has the studio version as a reference point.

Electric Drinks (a Spanish webshop that sells all kinds of beers, including Trooper beer) posted this on their blog. It's probably just a prediction, but what do you guys think of this set list? It's a cool design in my opinion! Though I think the setlist doesn't make much sense as I don't expect Killers, Aces High, Senjutsu and Sea of Madness to be played but maybe that's just my take on it.

Link to the blog here (scroll a little further down, there's a whole bunch of posts there)

Note: Saw A LOT of Iron Maiden fanpages on Instagram post this image claiming it was real and hyping people up so I decided to see if it was legit. But I can't find anything credible as to why this would be legitimate, so I assume it's just a prediction/ wish list. Unless someone here knows more about that? I don't think Electric drinks knows any more than we do, do you?

Edit: Ran some of the text through a translator and it's a prediction, not a confirmation;
Undoubtedly, their set list is always a mystery ... half, that once revealed in the first concert does not change once throughout the tour. We can make thousands of guesses, thousands of bets, but when you meet a band so difficult to predict, with so many clues and statements between the lines, it is difficult not to be right in a high percentage.

What would you think of a list like this?

maideentour-819x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Electric Drinks (a Spanish webshop that sells all kinds of beers, including Trooper beer) posted this on their blog. It's probably just a prediction, but what do you guys think of this set list? It's a cool design in my opinion! Though I think the setlist doesn't make much sense as I don't expect Killers, Aces High, Senjutsu and Sea of Madness to be played but maybe that's just my take on it.

Link to the blog here (scroll a little further down, there's a whole bunch of posts there)

Note: Saw A LOT of Iron Maiden fanpages on Instagram post this image claiming it was real and hyping people up so I decided to see if it was legit. But I can't find anything credible as to why this would be legitimate, so I assume it's just a prediction/ wish list. Unless someone here knows more about that? I don't think Electric drinks knows any more than we do, do you?

Edit: Ran some of the text through a translator and it's a prediction, not a confirmation;

View attachment 24422
I wouldn’t put my faith behind an image that can’t even spell correctly.

Can't imagine the solo would be particularly hard to relearn, just a case of remembering when the chord changes happen, relistening to the song a good few times would sort that out, and then he could wing it no problem. He had trouble in the studio as it was a work in progress, should be a different case now in that he has the studio version as a reference point.
Not really that easy. The part is very specific and it's kinda disjointed from the rythm going on in the background. The rythm section and the solo kinda flow over each other and meet in key points.

Speaking from a guitarist's standpoint, since I learned that solo in question. But, yeah, it takes an afternoon or so. No need for Janick to take over.

Imagine the return of the mighty Ed Force One on this tour (edit by me, this is not official)!

Some part of me really wishes they'd do this one more time. I wasn't there when the Ed Force One flew in during the Book of Souls tour (wasn't a fan back then, stupid me...). That would've been so epic to see!

edforceone.jpg

Imagine the return of the mighty Ed Force One on this tour (edit by me, this is not official)!

Some part of me really wishes they'd do this one more time. I wasn't there when the Ed Force One flew in during the Book of Souls tour (wasn't a fan back then, stupid me...). That would've been so epic to see!

View attachment 24423
I doubt that we will see EF1 again, since Bruce is 65 this year and therefore his passenger jet licence expires permanently.

I doubt that we will see EF1 again, since Bruce is 65 this year and therefore his passenger jet licence expires permanently.
Yeah I read that somewhere. But who knows, maybe they let someone else fly them around?

Just guessing here. I'd love to see them do it all again but I guess those days are over.

I knew that this would appear hear as soon as I saw that lol. I'll just copy paste what I wrote in the reddit thread on this:

Most of that is rather safe to assume. There's no way in hell they won't play TWOTW. As much as I love Stratego, TWOTW was by far the most popular new song in the last tour. I kinda see Senjutsu being included again, but I'd rather they play any other of the other new songs.

I'm also heavily doubting that they'll just leave out Heaven Can Wait. It's probably one of the safest bet for the new tour and I can't see Sea Of Madness, which didn't even survive the whole original tour, being played instead of HCW.

Killers is a cool song and hasn't been played in a while. Would love to hear that. If Aces High remains in the setlist I'll be extremely disappointed. It's been featured in a ton of tours, is a fantastic song, is incredibly difficult to perform, and has no place being in any spot except the opening track. I really hope they'll retire it forever, it had a great run. Also, the setlist here is already incredibly challenging for Bruce (CSIT is going to be hell), AH is absolutely overkill.

Also, the setlist here is already incredibly challenging for Bruce (CSIT is going to be hell), AH is absolutely overkill.
CSIT is on the same level as AH in terms of vocally challenging songs.

However, AH is a breeze compared to CSIT in the drumming department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back