The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSIT is on the same level as AH in terms of vocally challenging songs.

However, AH is a breeze compared to CSIT in the drumming department.
Agreed, especially about the drumming. My larger point is that CSIT at least has a justification to be included, AH doesn't. It's not like it's some kind of easy song, like Wrathchild, that you can throw in.

No worries! Just wanted to clarify that it isn't official information so that you're not disappointed.
Definitely so..I follow number of things, pages and forums but luckily nothing has been spoiled yet.
All these kind of things get always interesting as we get nearer to the tour..

Agreed, especially about the drumming. My larger point is that CSIT at least has a justification to be included, AH doesn't. It's not like it's some kind of easy song, like Wrathchild, that you can throw in.
Yeah, although there is a hint about Aces High in the tour poster. Maybe it was the last time they played it live.
The posted setlist was even incorrect - Iron Maiden in the encores? And no FOTD (I think they'd rather drop Beast instead) and TWOTW? They will play 5 Senjutsu songs for sure (two epics!), the only question is if they will drop both the title track and Stratego (one of them is out for sure). I'd say both, although it would be a bit of an odd setlist without them... the stage set will help for that. About the SIT songs, 5 or at least 4 - I don't think HCW is that sure. Imagine if they play Wasted, Stranger, Alexander, the title track and Sea (in place of Heaven)! o_O

Killers is a possible deep cut, but they had at least two perfect tours to play it again after 1999, so I'm not sure. It could have the fate of FOI, but I think they'd prefer Brave New World or Futureal or another Reunion/classic song than it.
There's no way in hell they won't play TWOTW. As much as I love Stratego, TWOTW was by far the most popular new song in the last tour.
TWOTW is an even better song live. It's better live than Senjutsu and Stratego imo. Three really great and important songs for the album. I love Stratego too.

Yeah, although there is a hint about Aces High in the tour poster. Maybe it was the last time they played it live.
The posted setlist was even incorrect - Iron Maiden in the encores? And no FOTD (I think they'd rather drop Beast instead) and TWOTW? They will play 5 Senjutsu songs for sure (two epics!), the only question is if they will drop both the title track and Stratego (one of them is out for sure). I'd say both, although it would be a bit of an odd setlist without them... the stage set will help for that. About the SIT songs, 5 or at least 4 - I don't think HCW is that sure. Imagine if they play Wasted, Stranger, Alexander, the title track and Sea (in place of Heaven)! o_O

Killers is a possible deep cut, but they had at least two perfect tours to play it again after 1999, so I'm not sure. It could have the fate of FOI, but I think they'd prefer Brave New World or Futureal or another Reunion/classic song than it.

TWOTW is an even better song live. It's better live than Senjutsu and Stratego imo. Three really great and important songs for the album. I love Stratego too.
Aces High is featured in the poster solely because of the Aces High Bar in the original SIT artwork IMO.

Also, Senjutsu and Stratego are likely to be dropped according to interviews after LOTB. HCW also has more chance than CSIT IMO. And Time Machine will be played. It has to be, since it fits perfectly and Bruce already talked about it.

There may be something in this. Could be a genuine promo pic that has leaked too early. On the other hand, it could easily be something someone knock up in 5 mins.

If there is anything into this, then most fans would be thrilled with some of the choices. ATG, finally. I'd be thrilled if SOM gets an airing. Caught Somewhere in Time!

Hell on Earth would be brilliant, but I'd wonder at what point in the set it would be played. Would be weird if it was too early or even mid way. It would work more as a closing song before the encore...but this is rare as that's always reserved for FOTD and Iron Maiden. And almight sit oddly in the encore selection. Days of Future Past would be killer. I don't mind hearing Senjusto (guaranteed) and Stratego again, but would like even a few more songs from the album played live...but then we are cutting the other songs out.

There is no way the Maiden camp would allow a promo pic to have so many spelling errors.

EDIT: Also, why would they release the full setlist months in advance?
It's more the fact that this pic has EMP on it, which makes me think it's more to do with the merch related to the tour, hence the song names mentioned. Spelling mistakes mean it could be a rough draft leaked...or indeed, just something some fan knocked up, so therefore we could equally dismiss it. You can go both ways on this.

It's more the fact that this pic has EMP on it, which makes me think it's more to do with the merch related to the tour, hence the song names mentioned. Spelling mistakes mean it could be a rough draft leaked...or indeed, just something some fan knocked up, so therefore we could equally dismiss it. You can go both ways on this.

Take a look at this post earlier in the thread. The image is debunked, it's just some fan speculation.

Definite fan art. You can find a .png file for EMP in a few seconds on Google, so adding it to cause some viral controversy would be easy for a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back