The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the Blue Oyster bar....

1jo9hv.jpg

I don't think that any band is too big or too small to open for Iron Maiden.

Dream Theater have opened for them in 2010. Sabaton opened for them in 2013. The show that was cancelled in 2020 that I originally had bought tickets for was supposed to be opened by Alter Bridge and Airborne.

Dream Theater have opened for them in 2010. Sabaton opened for them in 2013. The show that was cancelled in 2020 that I originally had bought tickets for was supposed to be opened by Alter Bridge and Airborne.
Megadeth in 99..

However Sabaton got really huge from 13' til now.
Don't see it. Helloween, Gamma Ray might be possibilities. Would welcome Powerwolf as well

Or as mentioned, any band with a kid from the crew in it.

Looks like per Rod's post-LOTB post on the website - Europe only for Future Past next year. Tour will continue into 2024.
Yep, as expected. Here is the full message:

''We are all now going to take a well-earned break and we’ll be back again next year with a great new show, THE FUTURE PAST TOUR playing just Europe this time as the 2022 Legacy tour was such a long run to enable us to see as many of you fans as possible. However, THE FUTURE PAST TOUR will continue into 2024 and who knows where it will go… ..so stay tuned!!''

^ No 3 years tours again please. :S

I say it's 100% possible it does become 3 years now that they seem to be following more traditional touring not squeezing it all into a year

2023 - Europe
2024 - North / South America
2025 - Europe / Asia / Aus / NZ

Just like legacy was originally planned 18/19 and 20.

2025 will be a smaller leg , gives them time to record a new album that year too.

I say it's 100% possible it does become 3 years now that they seem to be following more traditional touring not squeezing it all into a year

2023 - Europe

2025 will be a smaller leg , gives them time to record a new album that year too.

I really hope they are done with new albums. This coming tour will make them a lot of money. The merch alone with SIT Eddie on everything is a lot and I'll be one of those people blowing money on it all lol... I will likely go to several shows. Would love to go back to Europe and see one there but my country has vaccine requirements for returning to the states ugh

''We are all now going to take a well-earned break and we’ll be back again next year with a great new show, THE FUTURE PAST TOUR playing just Europe this time as the 2022 Legacy tour was such a long run to enable us to see as many of you fans as possible. However, THE FUTURE PAST TOUR will continue into 2024 and who knows where it will go… ..so stay tuned!!''

Darn, was really hoping they would find a way to squeeze in some US dates in 2023

Last edited:

2023 - Europe

^ This is very possible. Album tours are usually 2 years, but this is not a proper album tour.

They will record a new album in 2024 or 2025 - I thought they would want to celebrate their 50th Anniversary in 2025 with a new album (or a Hits tour). A new album in 2026 is entirely possible though (5 years plan: Senjutsu 2021-2026). I can't see them doing a 50th anni tour only for 1 year, so I don't expect more Hits tours after TFP tour.
This seems to be more about where they will play, not if it continues in 2025.
I agree too. Let's hope so.

This seems to be more about where they will play, not if it continues in 2025. But that might very well be the case.
Just depends if they want to squeeze North and South America. Asia. Australia etc all into one big leg. At there age and all that additional travel is a long haul so i very much doubt it. Why i can see a brief leg for all the other territories in 2025 as a fill in before new Album announcement etc

Are you going to look the setlist or wait until you see them live at your show?
I've done this few times that went totally "blind" to the show, but it hard to keep the secret..especially if there's some playing Iron Maiden songs from some boombox before the show as they might play the setlist.

I will try and avoid the setlist, don't use Instagram, will avoid this site and block recommended videos on Youtube for a couple of weeks. Last tour I was at Zagreb on the first night but I managed to go blind into Legacy of the Beast part 1 and the Book of Souls tour as well.

Have tickets booked for end of June on this tour but hopefully if there are dates added for central/eastern europe or Greece at end of May I will get to one those first, making it a bit easier.

Imo, Judas Priest will support Maiden on the upcoming tour. Maiden supported Priest in 80's. Now will be vice versa. Future Past, for ya.

Actually think there's a chance Priest could join the Iron Maiden tour if the Ozzy Osbourne tour is cancelled. Both tours supposed to be kicking off at similar time, Priest might not have made alternate plans and will just do the circuit with Maiden???

/wishful thinking.

I can't see Metallica, Scorpions, Deep Purple or even Judas Priest opening for Maiden. They co-headlined with Black Sabbath in 2005.
I really hope they are done with new albums. This coming tour will make them a lot of money. The merch alone with SIT Eddie on everything is a lot and I'll be one of those people blowing money on it all lol...
About your first sentence - wow! About the tour merch with SIT (and Senjutsu) Eddie - I hope it will be as epic as this year's Nordic event shirt. One of Maiden's best artworks imo.
THE PROPHECY

Walking Eddie rides a horse next year.
That would be something! If Priest can have a bull on stage, anything is possible. Seriously, it would be something new and great to see, but the walk-on Eddie will be ''Stranger In A Strange Land'' or SIT. Plus Senjutsu Eddie, ofc.

Last edited:
That would be something! If Priest can have a bull on stage, anything is possible. Seriously, it would be something new and great to see, but the walk-on Eddie will be ''Stranger In A Strange Land'' or SIT.
Why would they be limited to just one ED? I think it would be very much possible. How can they top the spitfire? This is how.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back