The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, Judas Priest will support Maiden on the upcoming tour. Maiden supported Priest in 80's. Now will be vice versa. Future Past, for ya.

That would be a pain in the hole for my schedule! Is that based on any inside info or just from looking at a map and a calendar?
Like I pointed out that would mean four gigs in five days and is not likely to happen. They always have two days off after back to back gigs.

Why not some other bands? I'd definitely like Sabaton, HammerFall, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, W.A.S.P., Battle Beast, Bloodbound, Grave Digger or even Blaze Bayley and KK's Priest. Regarding Saxon (the last time they played with Maiden was in 1983, iirc), I think the speculation in the previous page is probably true. I would like them too.
Sabaton is too big to open for another band. Plus they have their own album tour next year I believe.

Hammerfall is another good option. They toured (or are touring?) with Helloween in 2022. Good band to be honest!

Nightwish is WAY too big to open for another band, even more than Sabaton. That would be like Maiden opening for Metallica or the other way around. They are both extremely popular and have their own stadium tours that sell out. It would be a dream to see Nightwish open for Maiden, but I don't think it will ever happen. Even though Steve is a fan of Nightwish.

I don't know how big of an opportunity it is for Blaze Bayley to open for Maiden, the band he himself has been in. It would be crazy to have him sing some X-Factor and Virtual XI songs before we get the modern Maiden. That would honestly be a dream come true!

Come to think of it, Epica is also a great band to tour with Maiden. Simone is a great singer!

Imo, Judas Priest will support Maiden on the upcoming tour. Maiden supported Priest in 80's. Now will be vice versa. Future Past, for ya.
I don't think Priest are even allowed to do their own shows in the UK (other than festivals) because they are tied in to the Ozzy tour that will never happen. Really a shame for the fans in their home country who completely missed out on any solo shows for the Firepower album and the 50th anniversary when they have toured the US about 4 times in the period.

That would be a pain in the hole for my schedule! Is that based on any inside info or just from looking at a map and a calendar?
Nah, just made sense date-wise.

But as someone said before in here, that would make 4 gigs in 5 days. Forgot about that. Hellfest is looking more likely at this point.

Sabaton is too big to open for another band. Plus they have their own album tour next year I believe.

Hammerfall is another good option. They toured (or are touring?) with Helloween in 2022. Good band to be honest!

Nightwish is WAY too big to open for another band, even more than Sabaton. That would be like Maiden opening for Metallica or the other way around. They are both extremely popular and have their own stadium tours that sell out. It would be a dream to see Nightwish open for Maiden, but I don't think it will ever happen. Even though Steve is a fan of Nightwish.

I don't know how big of an opportunity it is for Blaze Bayley to open for Maiden, the band he himself has been in. It would be crazy to have him sing some X-Factor and Virtual XI songs before we get the modern Maiden. That would honestly be a dream come true!
Sabaton were the support band for Priest in 2021, iirc.

HammerFall are on a tour with Helloween, yes.

I said Nightwish only becasue Steve is a fan of the band. When was the last time they were a support band for a famous band?

I'm not sure if Blaze will want to. Btw, Adrian's Psycho Motel were Maiden's support band during TXF tour.

After all, I think the support band for the tour won't be ''that'' famous.
I think Priest would only agree to that if Maiden let them co-headline.
^ This.

I read a speculation post on Facebook yesterday about which band is coming as support on the Future Past tour. Some great bands that were mentioned and that would definitely make sense:
  • Helloween
  • Disturbed
  • Anthrax
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • Saxon
  • Killswitch Engage
  • Accept
  • Airbourne
What do you think and like to see?
I think Helloween is out, since their tour with Hammerfall extends until the next summer if I'm not mistaken. Disturbed I feel are way too big to open for Maiden. A7X are too big as well, especially since they are coming out of a long hiatus next year. The hype for new A7X is enough to make them a headliner act in 2023. The others are pretty cool and realistic options.

I was considering Rammstein next year but they sold like 500 billion trillion tickets in one hour or something and I believe most shows are sold out now?
Yeah, Rammstein shows are always so sold out. It's pretty ridiculous. The show in Belgium (where I'm going) sold out in less than an hour on both dates.

You could always check official websites where fans can sell their tickets if they don't want them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back