The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is:

Maiden will record a new album in 2024 or in 2025 and release it in 2025 (with a tour in the same year or in 2026) or in 2026 (if TFP tour is 3 legs).
I mean... it's doable. But I still think they'll get several months resting after TFP Tour (or spending time on their personal stuff). Then yes... it is possible they hit the studio in 2025 and release the new full length by the end of that year or early 2026. Nonetheless I truly think this is the "best case scenario". Any projections for an earlier release look extremely doubtful as far as I'm concerned.

I mean... it's doable. But I still think they'll get several months resting after TFP Tour (or spending time on their personal stuff). Then yes... it is possible they hit the studio in 2025 and release the new full length by the end of that year or early 2026. Nonetheless I truly think this is the "best case scenario". Any projections for an earlier release look extremely doubtful as far as I'm concerned.
2025 they are 67 or 68. Time is

2025 they are 67 or 68. Time is
Nicko is already 70. And taking in account that besides that Maiden only have vocals, bass and guitars, drumming is only second bested by singing when it comes to age impact. Plus the age factor is precisely why they need more time in between tours.

Last edited:
I really don't think they are in that much of a rush to even record album 18. Is it even a guaranteed thing?

They will tour the future past for 2 years then see how they feel in 2025 i guess, but that's a long way off to plan ahead at there ages. I doubt they are thinking album 18 tour 2026 just yet :eek:

But timeline wise it looks likely 2025 at the earliest for a new album if they do one

Nicko is already 70. And taking in account that besides that Maiden only have vocals, bass and guitars, drumming is only second bested by singing when it comes to age impact. Plus the age factor is precisely why they need more time in between tours.
this is not about resting i think its about that maybe in 3-4 years somebody is no able to perform.

i didnt know he was 70s now. Well in that case if they want to record another album it has to be soon

I really don't think they are in that much of a rush to even record album 18. Is it even a guaranteed thing?

They will tour the future past for 2 years then see how they feel in 2025 i guess, but that's a long way off to plan ahead at there ages. I doubt they are thinking album 18 tour 2026 just yet :eek:

But timeline wise it looks likely 2025 at the earliest for a new album if they do one
I think they want to record another album (remember they booked a studio after recording Senjutsu), but that will happen after 2024 and TFP tour. 2025 is indeed the earliest time frame to release the album (even if the tour will last 3 years) - the recording could be in 2024. I can't see them doing another Hits tour after TFP tour, they'd rather make another album than another Hits/50th anni tour, methinks. That's why TFP will be Senjutsu + SIT hybrid tour.

I think they want to record another album (remember they booked a studio after recording Senjutsu), but that will happen after 2024 and TFP tour. 2025 is indeed the earliest time frame to release the album (even if the tour will last 3 years) - the recording could be in 2024. I can't see them doing another Hits tour after TFP tour, they'd rather make another album than another Hits/50th anni tour, methinks. That's why TFP will be Senjutsu + SIT hybrid tour.
its obvius that they thought " we must play ATG now" because we dont have much time

I agree on the timeline. There does seem to be a desire to make another album as they did look at making one during lockdown.

The addition of Senjutsu to LOTB and including it on the Future Past tour indicates that they definitely don't want to just keep doing hits tours, so I think by the time the Future Past tour is done they'll be itching to do more new material.

Theres certainly time to fit in a recording session whatever year they want if the tour schedule continues to run June to October. Senjutsu was written and recorded March-May before one of the LOTB runs.

New album in 2023, future past tour becomes new album + sit in 2024
It's really possible as there is a secret date in february 2023 announced as a hint on the band's website, the same hint that we all talked about some weeks ago... Maybe, it's a new album called 'The Future Past' OR a new DVD for the LOTB world tour. ;) It can also be a live CD from 1986's SOT... we'll see. :cool:

What the heck, I decided to renew my membership for the FC, so I can secure tickets to the show and won't have hassle around during the general sale. Hope to see FTTB being offered for the show..
Good choice! I have bought my membership in May 2022 and therefore I’m sooooo relaxed. The most likely is that the show will sell out quickly (atleast the best seats&general admission). I don't know yet if I’m gonna buy tickets to a possible additional gig.
Anyway, see you in Tampere next year;):cool:

It's really possible as there is a secret date in february 2023 announced as a hint on the band's website, the same hint that we all talked about some weeks ago... Maybe, it's a new album called 'The Future Past' OR a new DVD for the LOTB world tour. ;) It can also be a live CD from 1986's SOT... we'll see. :cool:
What hint?

Plus (because of the History/Hits tours) Maiden tour every year and don't take a break for 1 or 2 years while they write a new album or tour for the new album for over 3 years.
I agree on the timeline. There does seem to be a desire to make another album as they did look at making one during lockdown.

The addition of Senjutsu to LOTB and including it on the Future Past tour indicates that they definitely don't want to just keep doing hits tours, so I think by the time the Future Past tour is done they'll be itching to do more new material.

Theres certainly time to fit in a recording session whatever year they want if the tour schedule continues to run June to October. Senjutsu was written and recorded March-May before one of the LOTB runs.
I forgot to mention the addition of Senjutsu to LOTB. Good call too. Senjutsu was written and recorded in early 2019 (February-April, iirc), so they have plenty of time until May/June to do it.
Hint? I doubt it's a new album (with the same name as the tour). I think concert video from LOTB tour could be released/shared in YouTube next month or in December. Live album from the 1986 tour, I doubt it because they don't have a concert video to go along with it. That's why I also think NOTD won't just be a live album from this spectacular tour.
Anyone else who think Alexander the great would be an excellent opening song?
The big surprise should be saved for later (in the middle of the set, for example or in the encores). I think CSIT and DOFP are better openers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back