The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people have already discusses this (either here on on the Iron Maiden subreddit) but I wanted to give my take on this and see what people think about it. Because lately I've been thinking about this a lot. This is how I think the future's going to look for the boys:

• The Future Past tour - 2023 and first half of 2024
  • Album #18 - Late 2024
  • Album #18 tour - Early 2025 to late 2025
  • (Maybe one more 'hits' tour) - 2026
  • Farewell - Somewhere between 2026 and 2030
And maybe this is pretty optimistic. Honestly I'd like to see Maiden go on for a hundred more years but taking into account that Nicko will be 78/ 79 years old by the end of my schedule above and Bruce will be 69/ 70 years old I think the Maiden train has to stop somewhere. I can DEFINITELY see them doing 1 more album + a tour. They Still have the energy and passion to keep going. At least, it feels that way. Haven't heard any ofthe members state in interviews that they're ready to quit.

Thinking about "the end of Maiden" makes me incredibly sad. Maiden is the band that brought me so many good memories and got me through so much! I can't imagine a world without Maiden. And yes, their music is timeless and will always be around, but having them alive is always better.

What do you all think, what will we see/ get after the Future Past tour?

Last edited:
I know a lot of people have already discusses this (either here on on the Iron Maiden subreddit) but I wanted to give my take on this and see what people think about it. Because lately I've been thinking about this a lot. This is how I think the future's going to look for the boys:

• The Future Past tour - 2023 and first half of 2024
  • Album #18 - Late 2024
  • Album #18 tour - Early 2025 to late 2025
  • (Maybe one more 'hits' tour) - 2026
  • Farewell - Somewhere between 2026 and 2030
And maybe this is pretty optimistic. Honestly I'd like to see Maiden go on for a hundred more years but taking into account that Nicko will be 78/ 79 years old by the end of my schedule above and Bruce will be 69/ 70 years old I think the Maiden train has to stop somewhere. I can DEFINITELY see them doing 1 more album + a tour. They Still have the energy and passion to keep going. At least, it feels that way. Haven't heard any ofthe members state in interviews that they're ready to quit.

Thinking about "the end of Maiden" makes me incredibly sad. Maiden is the band that brought me so many good memories and got me through so much! I can't imagine a world without Maiden. And yes, their music is timeless and will always be around, but having them alive is always better.

What do you all think, what will we see/ get after the Future Past tour?
I'd like to see at least one more new album tour and a rarities tour. But at this point I just accept that every Maiden show can be the last one.

100% a new album tour
You seem very certain. I think Maiden will do another album, and that could very well be the next after this tour. But that would be 2025 at the earliest. In any case they still have LOTB to finish, announce the rest of The Future Past dates and then tour it before anything else.

100% a new album tour
I surely hope so! I'm really curious to see what the theme of the next album might be! Guess we'll wait and see!

I'd like to see at least one more new album tour and a rarities tour. But at this point I just accept that every Maiden show can be the last one.
Sadly yes, me too. Every show/ tour we're getting now is a blessing from the skies!

You seem very certain. I think Maiden will do another album, and that could very well be the next after this tour. But that would be 2025 at the earliest. In any case they still have LOTB to finish, announce the rest of The Future Past dates and then tour it before anything else.
Well the LotB tour ends in exaclty a week. And I'd say they will end Future Past tour early 2024 (hoping for all American fans they'll go there as well of course)

You seem very certain. I think Maiden will do another album, and that could very well be the next after this tour. But that would be 2025 at the earliest.

I think there's a chance that Future Past tour could be 2023 only, probably unlikely judging by most recent tours, but still a chance.

Honestly? I'm not sure Nicko retiring would stop the band. I think as long as Steve, Bruce and 2 of the guitarists are still around, they'd continue with a live only member.
If both H and Dave retire? Not sure.
Well look at the Stones. Charlie Watts has passed away and they're still going.

Though I find it very hard to believe Maiden's going to find a drummer that equals Nicko. And as you say; If Dave or Adrian quits then Maiden's done for. They're a big part of Maiden's legacy as well.

If any of them stops performing the band is done for. Nicko is such a specific player (jazz-funk player in a metal band), that replacing him would be very hard.

I still believe Joe Lazarus on standby was strictly a measure to minimize insurance costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back