The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that anybody will be replaced, Nicko will surely be pounding the jugs and drums until the end.
I can't see any point to do so and besides I don't believe that he's even going to let anybody play instead.
So..next your thinking here as Bruce's voice might not be suitable for some songs, that he will be replaced?
Not gonna happen. This is the final lineup of the band and it will go on until the last moments and seconds of Iron Maiden.

He's sounding very tired on this current run so if Nicko's age finally caught up with him and prohibited him from playing Maiden songs to the usual standard I'd rather have a younger guy step in and potentially prolong the life of the band. Never thought I'd say that but he seems to be losing that trademark McBrain swing at the moment, even on the slower stuff.

He's sounding very tired on this current run so if Nicko's age finally caught up with him and prohibited him from playing Maiden songs to the usual standard I'd rather have a younger guy step in and potentially prolong the life of the band. Never thought I'd say that but he seems to be losing that trademark McBrain swing at the moment, even on the slower stuff.
No one except Nicko has the typical McBrain swing. So, I prefer to still have Nicko in the band than any young drummer that is doing everything else than playing in the Maiden style. ;)

I don't have any arguments other than that.

I'm some guy on the internet, why the fuck would I have an argument with anymore substance than that? I'm not Steve Harris.

As to having a clue about tuning down a half step, I know a bit about it, I played in a band for 10 years that tuned down a half step, a lot of bands that I like tune down a half step, Thin Lizzy, Guns N Roses, Slayer. You're right it might not be the end of the world if they were to tune down a half step, if they did actually do it I'd certainly be willing to see what it sounds like before casting judgement.

But let's stop pretending it's anything to do with Bruce's voice.
Changing they key of a song to accommodate a singer's voice is very common. It has nothing to do with making it "heavier". If Bruce sang in a more natural register it would really help to preserve his voice and he wouldn't sound strained.

I think he's found a way with his fills to make it work.

Partially agreed - Bruce is sounding tired on some songs (Aces High) but not so much on others (Sign of the Cross and- surprisingly - Flight of Icarus)

and to be fair to Bruce, Aces High is has been the very last song in the set.

At the show I attended, he started sounding a bit winded around the closing song (before the encores), "Iron Maiden"

He runs around on stage a lot - likely walking a fine tightrope between being an engaging showman and an outstanding concert vocalist.

It saddens me to say I agree.

Didn’t Nicko himself say that he would like to be replaced if he could no longer do it? I’m not sure why the prospect of someone else stepping in is such a surprise. Nicko’s job is physically demanding and if he needs to be replaced with someone who knows how to faithfully replicate the parts in order for Maiden to complete a tour, that’s probably what will happen.

Hard disagree. It seems he's more conservative and taking the tempos slower at Maiden gigs, but I think that's down to other members of the band wanting a more relaxed pace.

Listen to some of the old stuff he's played with Titanium Tart this year - gigs where he's not using a metronome to guide his tempo at the beginning of songs or in between song sections (like he is with Maiden). He very clearly still has the chops and the energy.

Probably just something like length of song, didn't fit the flow of the set, or would have come at the wrong point for the purposes of managing vocalist/drummer fatigue.

Infinite Dreams live would personally mean a lot more than Alexander live, I'd be absolutely made up if they did that.

afraid to shoot strangers is a longer song, which is what they put in its place, likely the most bizarre song swap I've seen them do, ever. It fit just fine being a SSOASS song. What I heard from the conversation is they were not feeling it and ATSS fit with all the gun chaos going on at the time. Odd to say the least but I was very let down by its absence that tour being my favorite track from that album and when they played it in 88, they choked the life out of it. Kinda depressing but it is what it is,

I'm hoping they use the GK 250ML amps... SIT songs don't sound good without its guitar tone. I've seen so many reworks from tribute bands with other equipment and it sounds terrible. Hoping they work out a way to get that tone back.

I'm hoping they use the GK 250ML amps... SIT songs don't sound good without its guitar tone. I've seen so many reworks from tribute bands with other equipment and it sounds terrible. Hoping they work out a way to get that tone back.

its a wonderful guitar tone for sure -- that being said, has ANYBODY come close to Maiden's SiT guitar tone? Maiden's tone wasn't quite the same even just 2 years later on the Seventh Son album.

Could it be that Somewhere in Time's guitar tone is indeed trapped somewhere in time, never to be duplicated (or even approximated) by anyone, even Maiden themselves??

Listen to some of the old stuff he's played with Titanium Tart this year - gigs where he's not using a metronome to guide his tempo at the beginning of songs or in between song sections (like he is with Maiden).
I'm sorry, what? Since when has Nicko been using a metronome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back