The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the tour would have been named if they didn't have a song called ''Days Of Future Past''. Great name, btw.

Maybe ''Senjutsu In Time'' (to represent both albums)? -> since Senjutsu is the first Maiden album without a proper album tour (and I thought the 2022 leg of LOTB tour was not necessary for the band... with the Senjutsu stage!), without the album title in the tour name and without a proper tour poster (I'm really sad about that). Or ''Time Machine tour'' would have been appropriate too.

I just found this video on Youtube and I can imagine Maiden downtuning Caught Somewhere in Time to make it easier for Bruce. I've read a lot people being worried they might skip this particular song. Bruce's voice sounds a tad too low here, especially at the chorus, but I don't think it sounds bad at all! The solos are a little f'ed up but ignore that.

And here's Eb tuning. Solos sound much better here as well. Set it to 1.05x speed and it's great! I could easily see them performing it live like this and it would still kick ass!

I'd love for them to downtune. Would both make Bruce's life easier, his performance would sound better, and the crowd would get a different, more interesting show.

I thought the O2 app and the AXS app are the same thing. Not?
Not. I have both installed, but when I tap on "access your tickets" in the O2 Venue app it just seems to jump into the AXS app. I think it's supposed to have additional functionality besides tickets, such as ordering their overpriced "refreshments" but I really don't care about that right now - just let me into the event I've actually paid for ffs ... :mad:

More on the O2 Venue app here: https://support.axs.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4418810720018-I-can-t-see-my-tickets-in-The-O2-venue-app

The continual emphasis on the email address makes this open to the interpretation that the tickets from other sellers somehow "feed through" without specifically linking the accounts manually, ie Ticketmaster sends the tickets to AXS (which seems to provide the ticketing functionality for the Venue app) and AXS then sends them through to the appropriate account, and they may not be visible in my account yet simply because the actual tickets don't "exist" yet. Ticketmaster is one of a list of "third party ticketing agencies" which are "integrated with out (sic, I assume) app" - the others being See Tickets, Gigantic, Eventim, ALT Tickets and Ticketzone.

This is a best-case senario but the details are still too ambiguous for my comfort. I might try to get a definitive answer via their webchat at the weekend, when I have a bit more time.

Where Eagles Dare may be a better "Classic 80's" song to perform (for Bruce) over Aces High - as Bruce ages.

WED affords more (and lengthier) breaks for Bruce to regain his breath and vocal stamina.
Agreed. I’m not the biggest fan of it, but it would be a nice change of pace and it really showcases the band with all the harmonies.

In what way would downtuning make the show more interesting? :confused:
Because then Bruce wouldn't struggle as much as he would if they played it normally and the show would be much more interesting seeing him perform all songs on an equal level instead of struggling his way through it all or through the intro (assuming CSiT is going to be the intro that is).

And have you listened to the videos I posted in an earlier post? CSiT in Eb tuning or even D tuning does not sound bad at all (maybe that's subjective of course) But I think it would be perfect if they downtuned and adjusted the song to match Bruce's current vocals instead of overperforming and having the same issue they had with Aces High in 2022.

Last edited:
I don’t really like the sound of those downtuned versions.

I have mixed feelings on it. I think it would be better for Bruce’s voice maybe but the way Maiden songs are written he’s going to strain no matter what (songs that are already in D include Writing on the Wall, The Talisman, If Eternity Should Fail and he already struggles on those sometimes). I find that sometimes going too low with tunings just sucks the life out of songs, I’ve noticed this with Kiss and Judas Priest when they downtune.

I don’t really see what would be interesting about it. 99% of the audience isn’t going to notice if they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back