The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say just about anything from the reunion eras after Brave New World would be a deep cut. Final Frontier hasn’t been touched since the original tour.

This tour feels like tying up loose ends in a lot of ways. Every other 80s album has had a chance at being showcased/deep cuts pulled from, even the first leg of TFF tour was all about the newer albums. It feels like an older band signaling that they’re about to wind things down.
I agree about the Reunion era songs/deep cuts. TFF and TBOS haven't been touched since their original tours. In TFF case, it was not fair to the album that the 2010 leg was only for songs after 2000 and the stage set should have been different. They could have done the 2010 type of tour in 2014, for example (or a 90's era short tour). This tour is the perfect opportunity to play a song from this album again.

About the current new tour, let's not forget that their plans have changed heavily in the last 2 years. SIT probably would have had its own History tour after the Senjutsu tour.
I'm almost a 100% sure that we will not see those inflatable hands reaching towards the crowd like in 1986/87 - at least not in Europe.
I'm not sure either. It's curious if they will do it. Probably not.
Do we think that Maiden themselves will spoil the setlist again? Stick it out song by song s it happens with the artworks, like they did for Book of Souls and Legacy of the Beast?
It's become a tradition, so yes.
That would be awesome! I was also thinking that lightning would be a cool addition to the stage show. Seems like it would fit well with the futuristic rainy cityscape. Maayyybe Lightning STRIKESTWICE!!!
Lightning in the tour poster? Where?
Another possibility I’m surprised hasn’t been floated around here: since Maiden is celebrating 40 years of The Number of the Beast and made a big thing about Total Eclipse being on the album instead of Gangland, I wonder if there is any appetite to bring it back live?
No chance imo. They just wanted to fix (according to Steve and Bruce) their ''mistake'' from 1982.

I'm almost a 100% sure that we will not see those inflatable hands reaching towards the crowd like in 1986/87 - at least not in Europe. Because I'm absolutely sure that there is any EU-law preventing things like that because it could be dangerous for the crowd or for any other bullshit reason like this. This is the EU.
I'm also a 100% certain they won't do it because it would be too costly and an insurer's worst nightmare. A lot of shit you could get away with in the 80s and 90s is expressly impossible to do these days because insurance companies aren't willing to eat the risk of somebody in the audience getting injured and suing the band.

I'm trying to develop an idea of @Brigantium from the Setlist Contest thread:

What if Maiden use ''worlds'' in the set again, but without having 2 stage sets? Just one big backdrop/prop like the Cathedral realm for LOTB tour for the Senjutsu world.

Past (SIT), Present (Senjutsu) and Future (songs like Futureal, Brave New World etc).

I don't think they will want to play 5 SIT songs in a row and I think the ''worlds'' were exclusive for LOTB tour, but they can mix the songs from both albums in the Past and Present themes. It's possible. I think they will want to start the show with one song from SIT, one song from Senjutsu and one old classic.

Past - CSIT/The Time Machine, SIASL, ATG, The Parchment (or Death Of The Celts and Lost In A Lost World), DOFP (or Senjutsu and Stratego)
Present - TWOTW, Hell On Earth, Wasted Years, HCW, Sea Of Madness

Hellfest pass (June 15th to 18th) will go on sale tomorrow 13pm UTC+2. Not sure if they'll announce headliners tomorrow but... the dates fit Maiden's actual schedule perfectly.
They could do Hellfest as well as Bercy x2.

Rockfest Finland are announcing something on thursday. They have a countdown on their website. Would be a bit weird if it's Maiden two years in a row, but there might not be any good options there.

The more I look at tour poster, the more it seems that the ruined city above Cyborg Eddie's head is a reference to Virtual XI. So it seems plausible for Futureal appearance in the set. It's a cool short song, although I would rather have one more Senjutsu song/Brave New World/Phantom of the Opera instead of that song.
wich póster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back