The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question should be what classic staples will they drop to make room for them? Assuming its a 15 song set 10 taken up by senjutsu/sit that leaves you with

Hallowed / 666 / trooper / maiden / fotd

Can we see any of those 5 left out to make way for some songs you have suggested?
They can play 3 deep cuts if they want - with a 16 songs setlist, 4 SIT songs and if they don't play one of the mandatory classics. Otherwise there is room for 1 or at most 2.
Plenty of others have been requested from that album too. It would be a steve / maiden thing to go add. Stranger, CSIT and sea of mandess expecting that to win people over as well as others we know and like wasted years heaven can wait aha
They know which is the most requested song...
They’ve definitely been gearing toward breaking the unwritten rule of unplayed songs remain unplayed: I didn’t expect they would ever play Flight of Icarus or Blaze eta material again. Their setlists have been more adventurous on the whole. If there was a time to do Alex, this is it.
I agree. The situation with Infinite Dreams (or even Heaven Can Wait) was a bit different though.
I do think we could be taking his comments wrong, he may very well mean they dont want to take the same senjutsu themed set back on the road so they are going with the SIT theme instead.
But he did mention looking forward to dving into the album and playing the epics so I cant see all 3 still making it,
I think you're right. If they want to play more new songs, they should drop 2 or at least 1 of these songs.
They should play Futureal too with a Tour Title like this. A great Song and a great opener
Yep. It's a short song, it would be so thematic for this tour (like Brave New World) and it's a song which Bruce has already performed live.
Might as well wish Sun and Steel & Flash of the Blade also included in the set, since they also fit the Senjutsu/Samurai theme
It would be great imo.
A bit off topic, but related to the Edhuntour:
I know that Futureal, Aces High, Man On The Edge, Killers, Powerslave and Wasted Years have been recorded and released as B-sides for singles. Do we know if Maiden have complete recordings of other shows? It's unfortunately one of the tours that doesn't have any good sounding bootlegs and getting an official release, even if it's only audio would be amazing.

Also, insane how much better that video sounds compared to Nights Of The Dead.
I'm sure they have. It was their Reunion tour after all. Your last sentence is 100% true. The 1999 B-sides sound amazing!
While there is speculation around the SIT/Senjutsu songs, I personally hope they pull Phantom out and use it as a surprise classic
A surprise classic! Phantom?

I was wondering... could the stage set for the tour look exactly like the futuristic city from the short promo video? The same stage decors. I think it's very possible and it will look amazing. Remember how Steve wanted Mark Wilkinson to draw Pagodas (in the Senjutsu booklet artwork) so that Maiden can use them for the stage set of the album tour/LOTB '22.

I was wondering... could the stage set for the tour look exactly like the futuristic city from the short promo video? The same stage decors. I think it's very possible and it will look amazing. Remember how Steve wanted Mark Wilkinson to draw Pagodas (in the Senjutsu booklet artwork) so that Maiden can use them for the stage set of the album tour/LOTB '22.
I think that'll be the case. I think the stageset will take after more of a Somewhere in Time theme rather than Senjutsu theme.

yeah, I still cannot believe they chose Another Life over, for instance, Total Eclipse, Still Life or Strange World...

Children of the Damned, 22 Acacia Avenue, The Prisoner, To Tame a Land, Flight of Icarus… The list of songs from the first four albums that were not played live in 2005 and are miles better than Another Life is pretty long.

Great, great news! I've always wished I could attend the first gig of a tour and now it's possible. Unless they add more dates before June 13...

I think they will open with CSiT and I have nothing against slower speed or slightly simplified drumbeats. They might be stubborn enough to do it, judging by them closing with Aces High this year. And Steve's statement seems to indicate, they will start the set with SiT stuff. It's a no-brainer actually - it's better to kick it off with a new, futuristic stage design than one we've already seen.

SiaSL, Wasted Years and AtG will be played 100%. CSiT is very likely. Then it's either Sea of Madness or Heaven Can Wait. If they decide to premiere another track aside from Alexander, then my bet is Deja Vu.

For the new Senjutsu songs, I predict The Time Machine, The Parchment and Hell on Earth. If the name of the tour didn't hint at Days of Future Past, I wouldn't consider it, but now it seems possible. And if you ask me, I would love all 3 previously played tracks to return. Especially Stratego and TWotW. Fingers crossed.

People are pointing out that above the cyborg side of Eddie's face in the poster a city in ruins can be seen, which looks like the one you can see on Virtual XI's cover.
Good call. Futureal will be the perfect deep cut for the tour. It has a chance. Btw, When Two Worlds Collide would also be a fitting song for the tour, as much as Deja-Vu, for example.

VXI and SIT albums have some things in common: SIASL Eddie/TAATG video, Futureal single cover, the big Eddie used for both album tours.
I think they will open with CSiT and I have nothing against slower speed or slightly simplified drumbeats. They might be stubborn enough to do it, judging by them closing with Aces High this year. And Steve's statement seems to indicate, they will start the set with SiT stuff. It's a no-brainer actually - it's better to kick it off with a new, futuristic stage design than one we've already seen.
The futuristic stage design should suggest that CSIT will be the opener, but why not DOFP? Another new song, inspired the name of the tour, fast short rocker... and it fits the theme of SIT.

Last edited:
Which one would call their worst 80's song?
Easily Total Eclipse. If that one doesn't count then it's Sun And Steel.

Also, the instrumental section for Quest For Fire, coupled with the solos and the sound used, is one of the best of the entire 80's in my opinion. Not gonna apologize for perfection.

Good call. Futureal will be the perfect deep cut for the tour.

The futuristic stage design should suggest that CSIT will be the opener, but why not DOFP? Another new song, inspired the name of the tour, fast short rocker...
Have Maiden ever opened a concert with a non-opening-album track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back