The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
For predictions, I think somewhere around 8-10 songs between the two albums, but I could also see them throw in something that was played in 86 (or, frankly, any of the big 80s tours) for something thematically relevant from another album. Maybe Rime, Children of the Damned, maybe even Infinite Dreams. Then the usual suspects for the encore sans Run to the Hills and maybe Trooper.

What I really want to hear: I’ve been saying on this forum for a few years that Sea of Madness would sound really powerful with the current lineup. I think it translates better than some of the other songs from that album. Anything from Senjutsu is good but I really want Days of Future Past and Death of the Celts. Please don’t waste a song slot on Darkest Hour.

Are y’all reading the press release as them saying they won’t play Senjutsu, Stratego, or Writing on the Wall? I can’t imagine them dropping the two singles, Senjutsu seems the most likely to go but I kinda expect to hear all three.

The technical issues aren’t with lack of guitars, you can do Alex with two guitars, the problem is that the song was cobbled together in the studio. There are time signature changes and weird rhythm hits in the instrumental that are beyond what Maiden usually includes in a song. They’ve fumbled far easier rhythms live, I have a hard time seeing Alex make the cut for that reason alone.
Please….I’ve seen tribute bands that have done great versions of ATG. Check out ATG covers on YouTube and there’s videos of some great versions of the song.

If a bunch of part time musicians can do a decent version I’m sure the real band of professional full time 50 year veteran musicians who actually wrote the song can pull it off.

While im sure ATG Is on the short list, until the band actually get together , rehearse it and feel comfortable with it the song is still 50/50 imo, could easily end up on the 'didnt work' scrap heap too

Are y’all reading the press release as them saying they won’t play Senjutsu, Stratego, or Writing on the Wall? I can’t imagine them dropping the two singles, Senjutsu seems the most likely to go but I kinda expect to hear all three.
I do think we could be taking his comments wrong, he may very well mean they dont want to take the same senjutsu themed set back on the road so they are going with the SIT theme instead.
But he did mention looking forward to dving into the album and playing the epics so I cant see all 3 still making it, maybe they still do keep the two singles and it looks like this:

TWOTW
Stratego
Days Of Future Past
Hell On Earth
Time Machine / Parchment

Back in 2017, some people on this forum (with a rather limited reading comprehension of the English language), interpreted the following statement from Steve as that Maiden would never perform any Blaze era tracks again:

Would you ever consider taking some tracks that Maiden would never do, such as ‘Burning Ambition’ for example, and dropping them into the British Lion set?
No, I mean, I think it would be all too easy to do that, and maybe even songs from the Blaze years which may never see the light of day with Maiden again. People ask me that question, and yeah, on one hand, but I think, if I did that, I’d have to do a third project. I wouldn’t want to do it with this, because this is a totally different thing, and it’s more rock and roll than metal anyway, and I think those songs, if I did it, maybe I’d get Blaze or someone to do it with; I don’t know, it’s not something I particularly have the time to do, or have the inclination right now anyway! But if you’re thinking about it, I think that would be the way to go, rather than doing it with this, because this is a totally separate entity; I don’t think it really would be right to do it with this anyway.

In reality, Steve just said that there wouldn't be any deep cut Blaze era tracks in the British Lion set, even though he wouldn't have anything against performing such tracks with a new touring project, if he had the time.

It's the same thing this time again...

While at the same time people really believe that they are going bring out Alexander the Great (which they have never performed as a full band before even in the studio), while dropping the new tracks that they have rehearsed and played the previous year .:facepalm:

Last edited:
Back in 2017, some people on this forum (with a rather limited reading comprehension of the English language), interpreted the following statement from Steve as that Maiden would never perform any Blaze era tracks again:

In reality, Steve just said that there wouldn't be any deep cut Blaze era tracks in the British Lion set, even though he wouldn't have anything against performing such tracks with a new touring project, if he had the time.

It's the same thing this time again...

While at the same time people really believe that they are going bring out Alexander the Great (which they have never performed as a full band before even in the studio), while dropping the new tracks that they have rehearsed and played the previous year .:facepalm:
“even songs from the Blaze years which may never see the light of day with Maiden again.”

He was literally saying Maiden may never play those songs again. Of course he was wrong, but he had a point that Maiden hadn’t played any of those songs in over a decade by that point.

“even songs from the Blaze years which may never see the light of day with Maiden again.”

He was literally saying Maiden may never play those songs again. Of course he was wrong, but he had a point that Maiden hadn’t played any of those songs in
No he didn't say that, he was asked about playing songs that "Maiden would never do", and came to think of "songs from the Blaze years", (as he obviously is quite fond of that stuff), but that didn't include ALL SONGS from the Blaze years.

Legacy was even in the planning stage at that point. And Bruce never had anything against doing Sign of the Cross or The Clansman, or even Futureal, Man on the Edge or Lord of the Flies..They even took the time to re-arrange Lord of the Flies in 2003, instead of adding an extra track from Dance of Death or Brave New World - what does that say for the faith in this material?

But they would not bring out tracks like Fortunes of War, Edge of Darkness or The Educated Fool, for understandable reasons, even though Steve really enjoyed writing and performing that stuff. That is truly stuff Maiden that would never perform again, just like "Burning Ambition":bigsmile:

Last edited:

He was literally saying Maiden may never play those songs again. Of course he was wrong, but he had a point that Maiden hadn’t played any of those songs in over a decade by that point.
I mostly agree, but I think he wasn't talking about Clansman and SOTC. He probably meant all the other tracks, especially ones that haven't been played with Bruce.

I mostly agree, but I think he wasn't talking about Clansman and SOTC. He probably meant all the other tracks, especially ones that haven't been played with Bruce.
I can definitely see that, although the way Maiden did their tours at the time alternating between 80s nostalgia tours and new album tours there wasn’t really a lot of room for Blaze era. Legacy of the Beast changed that and hopefully they do more variety show tours like that in the future.

I really Hope for Deja-Vu, ATG and TLOTLDR. They should play Futureal too with a Tour Title like this. A great Song and a great opener
Come on guys, Futureal? For real?

Might as well wish Sun and Steel & Flash of the Blade also included in the set, since they also fit the Senjutsu/Samurai theme

The more I think of it, the more I think they shouldn't play CSIT next year.

I just don't want another 2022 Aces High. There are other songs on the album. I just don't want that song to be at 142 BPM and Bruce almost spitting out his guts trying to reach those notes.
Maybe....just maybe...they will finally tune down some songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back